Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddys day

Options
  • 21-02-2014 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

What is everyone's plans for paddys day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Zambia wrote: »
    What is everyone's plans for paddys day?

Workin' and changing nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Avoiding ridiculously drunk people dressed in green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Flying back to Ireland next Friday but skipping out before Paddy's day. I will be on Islay, in Scotland, visiting homes of two of favourite drams Ardbeg & Lagavulin on the day. Heaven, for me anyway, not so much for the gf :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

24hr marathon of vatican tv, join me you heathens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

catbear wrote: »
    24hr marathon of vatican tv, join me you heathens!

Ha

Anyone been to the dan occonnel in Carlton for paddys day in Melbourne?

I know there is a picnic march 16th in the Edinburgh gardens north fitzroy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭s20101938

Straight down to Rosie O'Grady's to get totally llllllllllllllllllocked with true Perthonian and 4reel bro naturalised Aussie, Xavi6. There we will discuss how much better everything is in Oz, particularly Perth. Later we will start a bad brawl full of embarassing haymakers with some scaffolders from Athy outside the Deen, while bystanders cringe with embarassment on behalf of all Ireland (at the boorishness and the poor quality of fighting).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

Zambia wrote: »
    Ha

Anyone been to the dan occonnel in Carlton for paddys day in Melbourne?

I know there is a picnic march 16th in the Edinburgh gardens north fitzroy

was there for paddys a few years ago, usually mental enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I'll be in Kalgoorlie playing music, Irish Rock, Trad and some other stuff its currently looking like from friday till monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Still trying to persuade work its a religious holiday and that I need a day off because of my heritage :D

Failing that it'll be a Monday of trad music from my computer and only speaking Gaeilge for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Batgurl wrote: »
    Still trying to persuade work its a religious holiday and that I need a day off because of my heritage :D

Failing that it'll be a Monday of trad music from my computer and only speaking Gaeilge for the day.

My office already thinks I speak gaelige all day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I think ultimately i'll just get pissed, glass some c**t, get arrested, and have the irish echo print my sob story in some vain hope it will stop my deportation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Batgurl wrote: »

I was gonna chance that this year. There is an Aussie girl in our office who has applied for it as she does Irish dancing and is performing somewhere on the day! She is about 1/8th Irish, if that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

catbear wrote: »
    I think ultimately i'll just get pissed, glass some c**t, get arrested, and have the irish echo print my sob story in some vain hope it will stop my deportation.

You'd want to take a few minutes to impregnate someone in the middle of all of that as well !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

I'm working Sunday night and Monday night so I'll head out on the Saturday instead. See the parade and whatever else is on offer then camp out in Mick O'Malleys on Elizabeth Street for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Vertakill wrote: »
    You'd want to take a few minutes to impregnate someone in the middle of all of that as well !

Vertakill wrote: »
    You'd want to take a few minutes to impregnate someone in the middle, smack the snot out of them, steal their car after you vandalise it a bit, be done for drink driving twice, oh don't forget to wait till its out of registration, lie on the visa application about beating someone into a blind vegetative state 5 months after another serious assult, while overstaying your visa that was void when you first applied for it, of all of that as well !

Fixed....

It almost sounds like a piss take, sometimes reality is stranger than fiction, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

I'll be working nights in the middle of a desolate minesite. I think I'd prefer that as bad as it sounds to being in Northbridge

Advertisement