Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera Obscura - Vicar St, May 26th

Options
  • 21-02-2014 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw tickets went on sale for this gig this morning.
    Vicar St, May 26th.
    €22 a pop.

Super Scottish band with some great sounds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I Heart Tracyanne. :)
    I bought my tickets this morning. I'm glad they're putting them in Vicar Street and not the wretched Andrew's Lane s**thole that they put them in the last time they did their own gig here. I saw them in the Sugar Club just after the second album came out, plus a few times in Whelan's too. Always a great show.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I Heart Tracyanne. :)
    I bought my tickets this morning. I'm glad they're putting them in Vicar Street and not the wretched Andrew's Lane s**thole that they put them in the last time they did their own gig here. I saw them in the Sugar Club just after the second album came out, plus a few times in Whelan's too. Always a great show.

I also heart Tracyanne, I'd actually marry her voice if possible.

The sound in Andrew's Lane was fcuking woeful! They clashed with someone at Primavera last year, maybe the Bad Seeds, so I'm dying to see them again!

I just felt quite sorry for them, being put in such a dump with such appalling sound. They must have felt they'd really come down in the world. Mind you, I was introduced to the buoyant retro pop of Attic Lights that night, so that was good. :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

This has now been moved to the Button Factory. On the one hand, it's a shame that they're evidently not high profile enough to sell Vicar Street, but the Button Factory arguably suits them better anyway.

I enjoyed this last night, but it lacked... something. I actually think Tracyanne was a bit out of sorts. She spoke a bit and made a few jokes, but there's always been more banter on stage. I got the impression she was possibly even upset about something, and I don't think it was just her occasional minor frustrations with her in-ear monitors.
    I liked the fact that they've reinstated My Maudlin Career into the set, 'cos they weren't doing it last year, and I thought it was interesting that their only real concession to the early days was Books Written for Girls.
    I bought the Desire Lines cassette from the merchandise stand. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement