Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery replacement

Options
  • 21-02-2014 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Quick question ,because of storms in the last few weeks we were left without power for a number of days when it come back on the battery indacatior on panel was showing battery fault and a message to call engineer,as i dont the engineer code to reset the panel i called the company who installed the system.
    He called last night while i was out so the wife was dealing with him,he was here for less than 10 minutes when finished he gave herself a bill for 120 euro which she did not have on her and kind of taken aback at the price.
    I would have changed the battey my self if i had any idea it was going to cost that much,also he never left the old one and my wife cant remember him bringing in a new one.Alarm is back working again.
    so is 120 mad money ....

The NEW battery is a 12v 2.5ah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Did the guy even carry out a routine type check on the system while he was there?

I know €120 for 10 mins is indeed excessive but how long did it take him to get to your house?
    I hate to say it now but when you spoke with them while reporting the fault, you should have queried the cost then.
    I reckon you should call them today and discuss it with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

As i was not there,so not sure what checks he carried out to be honest,the lad that did the job only lives a few mile away and has always done a good job when we needed extra stuff put on the alarm and he also installed our cctv last year.It was around 7 he called in last night so we were his last job of the day and he came on his way home.
    I did ring company to question why it was so expensive and was told battery was 65 euro and labour was 55 still seems high to me.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The call out and labour charge is fairly reasonable, the battery charge is a bit high.
    Having said that iI have seen some retailers with higher mark ups on batteries as well.

Advertisement