Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omagh Half Marathon

Options
  • 21-02-2014 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭

http://www.omaghharriers.com/

Am planning on doing this instead of Bohermeen Half and looks to be a very good, well organised race and has 1:30 pacers :)

Anyone ever do this or plan to do it this year? Would be interested to here feedback - course seems a bit up and down hill wise!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

Hi Tom, plan to do this one too. Will be first time doing it but have heard good reports about the races from a few on these parts.

Profile of the course looks ok. Undulating without anything too nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Good stuff - thanks for posting the profile - looks fairly reasonable and probably on a par with Bohermeen I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Did this last year, my first HM in fact. My report is here. Nice undulating course. Has what looks like a fast finish, a nice downhill but then the last little bit is uphill, just to mess with you. The course generally felt pretty flat though. Didn't really notice any other hills. A lot of it is out in the countryside on small roads but it's very well marshalled and organised. Great spread afterwards too, make sure to drop into the school for some sambos, tea and cake. Would love to be doing this again this year but don't think I'll be ready.

Advertisement