Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel help - rows to columns - not transposing!

Options
  • 21-02-2014 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Is this the correct place for this?

I have data in row C133:AD133

I would like this data to appear in Column A150:A178

So, data is across, I want it to appear down - thing is, I want it to change as the data in the Row changes - as the data in the row has a formula behind it, so I need to column to update as the row updates, for use in another formula.

Is this possible? I know how to copy & transpose, but this doesn't bring the formula with it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Set A150=C$133 then drag A150 down to A178.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,451 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

FSL wrote: »
    Set A150=C$133 then drag A150 down to A178.

You mean copy the cell down as in Ctrl+D? Won't work, all of the cells will be set to C$133.

OP, if the cells in the row are absolute references as in '$B$24' then you can copy and paste and change from horizontal to vertical if you click 'Copy' followed by 'Paste Special' and in the popup box, tick 'Formulas' under 'Paste' and tick the 'Transpose' box in the lower-right, that should do the job.

Advertisement