Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to contain dog in back yard

• 21-02-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭

Withdrawn.

I asked for help and got some good feedback but plenty of queries on my ability to take care of my pets.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Why not leave her indoors?

Also you said she broke out; how exactly did she break out? If she went over the fence look at angling it in at the top to create half of a V, if she dug under it then you'd need to sink it further obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Have you considered building a properly enclosed and roofed dog run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Id be trying to find out why she is trying to escape in the first place. "Getting rid" of your dog is an awful thing to say about your pet.

There are plenty of solutions, as mentioned already. Id build a fully enclosed dog run. Or keep her indoors while you aren't there.

How much exercise does she get? She sounds bored and is probably escaping for this reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

andreac wrote: »
    Id be trying to find out why she is trying to escape in the first place. "Getting rid" of your dog is an awful thing to say about your pet.

There are plenty of solutions, as mentioned already. Id build a fully enclosed dog run. Or keep her indoors while you aren't there.

How much exercise does she get? She sounds bored and is probably escaping for this reason.

+1 to all of the above!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It's getting to the stage where we are going to have to get rid of her.

Pets shouldn't been seen as disposable assets you can just get rid of.
    You have plenty of options - build a run, improve your fencing or simply keep her inside. I have 2 retrievers inside and they sleep on the couch all day.
    What kind of exercise and stimulation does the dog get? Also what are you feeding her.

TBH your post comes across as very matter of fact with no compassion for your pet - hopefully it's out of worry about her :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement