Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a nightclub to hold an event in.

Options
  • 21-02-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I'm looking to run a new club night in Dublin City. Does any one know of any nightclubs that would let me run an event there? And prices? I have one nightclub in mind and have been given a price but would like somewhere more popular. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

No substitute for a face to face meeting in these situations. Make a shortlist of the places you would like to do it and go speak to the manager / booker in each place. Have a good pitch ready with a clear vision of what you want to do and what you require from the venue to achieve it. Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 34 djs101

rock whore wrote: »
    No substitute for a face to face meeting in these situations. Make a shortlist of the places you would like to do it and go speak to the manager / booker in each place. Have a good pitch ready with a clear vision of what you want to do and what you require from the venue to achieve it. Good luck with it
    Great idea thanks. Had a meeting with one nightclub and they wanted 8,000-10,000!! So just looking if anyone knew anywhere more suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

you'd wanna be charging some amount in to cover that!
    what size crowd are you looking at? and are you planning to charge in?

rock whore wrote: »
    you'd wanna be charging some amount in to cover that!
    what size crowd are you looking at? and are you planning to charge in?
    Yeah i honestly thought it was crazy! Figured out that i'd have to be charging at least 20 in to make back my money for the average capacity in the place and that is just crazy.
    500 capacity would be the minimum. Yes i was looking to charge at around 5-7 for a week night and 10 for a Friday or Saturday. I'd love a weekend night but most places are all booked up for that!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Lots of things to consider.

What type of night is it? (Music etc, focus on music, or people getting together for a drink, big dancing area vs small etc)
    Who is it aimed at? (Demographics)
    Pay in?
    Weekly? Monthly? Once off?
    Staff needed eg cloakroom, door staff (not security), djs, equipment - Differs from venue to venue.
    Costs that will be incurred
    Bar promos, % of bar sales if very popular
    Experience, have you run club nights before?

Not really much help for us to list of all the clubs in Dublin as they are all cater to different nights and people!

My only advice is pick somewhere with an amazing smoking area and a decent bar layout. The 2 things I hate about clubs are **** smoking areas and a free for all bar.

What club asked for 10k to hold a night? Most would do it for very little / free but will take all of the bar sales.

This would be a house music night, switching from Deep, Funky and Tech House to Big Room and Progressive. It would be a monthly event. It would be pay in at the door and club keep all of the bar sales for the first night anyway. Have DJ's in mind already and talked to local DJ stores that would kit out a venue with decks, lights and strobes if needed. Have quotes for everything posters, promotions, cdj rental .. just no venue!
    I'm not looking for people to name loads of different places, was just looking for people who have done something similar and would be able to recommend a place or two! I've done several events in smaller bars/nightclubs that have gone well (never lost out on money and everyone got paid).
    Thanks for the advice on layout, will definitely keep it in mind when viewing places!

• Advertisement
Advertisement