Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 25th Feb 20:15 WES2 Kooventus

• 21-02-2014 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

This is a tough one, so we'll need to improve on last week. Remember, you are playing for a place next season.

Ed -
    Cathal -
    Craig - inj
    Damo -
    Keith -
    Paddy -
    SteMcD -
    Ciaran -
    Darren -
    Dave -
    Jules -
    Ste K -
    Derek McL -
    Kingsley -

New Faces
    Cill -
    Graham -
    Conor -

I've sent some of you texts already, can you update me via text on that please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

errm, we have already played these guys twice!!

think its one of the game that was called off earlier in the season, against kooventus i think which is an even harder game.

i should be ok for tuesday, picked up some knock on my knee on last tuesday in the first half, but hopefully its ok by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Yes, it should be Koo, you're right

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Im away for this unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

This is a tough one, so we'll need to improve on last week. Remember, you are playing for a place next season.

Ed -
    Cathal -
    Craig - inj
    Damo -
    Keith -
    Paddy -
    SteMcD -
    Ciaran -
    Darren -
    Dave -
    Jules -
    Ste K -
    Derek McL -
    Kingsley -

New Faces
    Cill -
    Graham -
    Conor -

I've sent some of you texts already, can you update me via text on that please.

Strong words gaffa, i'm in.

Ed - in
    Cathal - in
    Craig - inj
    Damo - in
    Keith - work
    Paddy - inj
    SteMcD -
    Ciaran -
    Darren - in
    Dave - in
    Jules - in
    Ste K - college
    Derek McL - in
    Kingsley -

New Faces
    Cill -
    Graham -
    Conor - in

• Advertisement

refs called off the games in wesley tonight, we were up there waiting to play.

if the games 3 weeks ago were going ahead, then what the f*ck? tonight was like a summers night compared to previous weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

refs called off the games in wesley tonight, we were up there waiting to play.

if the games 3 weeks ago were going ahead, then what the f*ck? tonight was like a summers night compared to previous weeks.

I played last night. Wasn't great and reminded me of three weeks ago but as you say, it was nowhere near as bad. Wonder what the forecast is for tonight.

Mousewar wrote: »
    I played last night. Wasn't great and reminded me of three weeks ago but as you say, it was nowhere near as bad. Wonder what the forecast is for tonight.

which team were you playing for and which ref was it? the monday refs are brutal, completely different to the other nights.

Sorry, not in Dundrum. Down in Greystones. Weather was awful but we played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I have one extra player coming so we should have 11

• Advertisement

I have one extra player coming so we should have 11

4 defenders missing so its all out attack tonight, lets do this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

4 defenders missing so its all out attack tonight, lets do this!

just give it to me ill do the rest ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭JoeCole26

Hey Guys,

Conor here, im due to head up this evening to play as a newbie, still stuck here at work, and going to struggle to get out on time for ko, if anyone can bring someone to cover for me that would be great.

Sorry about this, no-one is more annoyed than me!

(Ive messaged Des, but thought might be better to post here also, hope thats okay)

totally ran away with it this year great season despite the weather etc

Smashing performance and result there lads, fair play to the lads who came out to play, really added to the team. 3-0 and a second win against what will probably the second placed team

Derek well done on getting to 15 goals, that's some achievement for you. Better it next season (if you're the striker, reckon there's competition there from Stephen :))

Conor, thanks for posting - another game next week, same time & place.

mrDerek wrote: »
    totally ran away with it this year great season despite the weather etc

yeah, we've won it by at least 7 points, that's brilliant going.

Smashing performance and result there lads, fair play to the lads who came out to play, really added to the team. 3-0 and a second win against what will probably the second placed team

Derek well done on getting to 15 goals, that's some achievement for you. Better it next season (if you're the striker, reckon there's competition there from Stephen :))

Conor, thanks for posting - another game next week, same time & place.

same tally as last season just with less games.
    Competition from stephen haha ever hear of the phrase "dont fix if its not broke" ;)

great win, serious performances. they had 3 really good chances, but luckilyt their shooting was was off.

a clean sheet next week will see us do a clean sweep of all 4 awards i reckon, we have 3 goals to spare now over the next best defence (Cork lost 2-0) and we are now level with them lads on 8 clean sheets each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Excellent performance and it's great to keep standards high even though the league is won, would be great to make a clean sweep of the awards and set a very high bar points total to reach for next time around.

Game of not two halves, but certainly two very distinct parts: they dominated possession for the first 10-15mins. But then we realised they were always playing it out of defence and we pressed forward as a unit to disrupt them at source rather than letting them play it out of defence and get go-forward ball in our half. And though the game was competitive throughout and they did have good chances, once we'd adjusted and pushed up, from then on we were generally on top.

Couple of really slick team passing moves resulted in at least two of the goals, always great to see that when we're in the groove.

Had Darren's half-volley from 30 yards with the outside of the boot gone in rather than skimming the crossbar, that'd have been one helluva screamer too...

Excellent performance by both lads stepping in, Jonathan and Stephen, thanks lads.

Had Darren's half-volley from 30 yards with the outside of the boot gone in rather than skimming the crossbar, that'd have been one helluva screamer too...

...and had Murtagh's half volley from the edge of the box gone anywhere but out for a throw it would have been a miracle :D

...and had Murtagh not done a bambi-on-ice when he was one-on-one...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nice win lads, they gave us a very tough test with our normal team so great to see a win and a good performance, one more game left so lets try to get everyone out and enjoy it

...and had Murtagh not done a bambi-on-ice when he was one-on-one...:eek:

Before I played him the ball I was wondering who that was in the red shorts streaking forwards. If only I'd know who it was before I made the pass I'd have just put it out for a throw-in and been done with it. :D

Nice win lads, they gave us a very tough test with our normal team so great to see a win and a good performance, one more game left so lets try to get everyone out and enjoy it

we actually had quite a strong team out last night, we pretty much had out first choice attack playing with Art filling in and doing a great job in midfield.

John was solid as f*ck in CH and Jules/Damo have been playing a few games at full backs all season, so the changes were minimal.

our success this season has been based on having a small squad, we were able to play the same 10, if not 11 most weeks. the other side of that is with summer holidays, we may not get away with it next season and with a couple of long term injuries to the likes of Derek, Steve and Craig in defence sees us very short in that area at the moment.

we probably need to get a couple of new players in for the summer to bring our options back up towards the 15 mark.

Mousewar wrote: »
    Before I played him the ball I was wondering who that was in the red shorts streaking forwards. If only I'd know who it was before I made the pass I'd have just put it out for a throw-in and been done with it. :D

Murtagh cleared more ball for the opposition in their box, than he did for us, in ours :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

I was distracted by my boots when I looked down to shoot.
    I've only missed two sitters this season...
    Derek normally racks up that amount in 10 mins!

Thought Art had a great game through the middle, very solid in possession and good penetrating passes going forward.

Ngogtagh.

murtagh wrote: »
    I was distracted by my boots when I looked down to shoot.
    I've only missed two sitters this season...
    Derek normally racks up that amount in 10 mins!

Thought Art had a great game through the middle, very solid in possession and good penetrating passes going forward.

Ngogtagh.
    Let's not get onto the subject of howlers haha ;)

Murtagh has to be top scorer for at least a couple of teams in the division that aren't us.

i dno if the monks won last night but if they did would make for a very good game to watch next week between themselves and kooventus. Similar to ourselves last summer season they need a hailmary miracle to get into the medals by us beating norfolk and them beating kooventus by at least 2 :O

mrDerek wrote: »
    i dno if the monks won last night but if they did would make for a very good game to watch next week between themselves and kooventus. Similar to ourselves last summer season they need a hailmary miracle to get into the medals by us beating norfolk and them beating kooventus by at least 2 :O

not so much a miracle, if they win they will prob finish second, unless we lose.

the ref was saying they won 3-1 so that puts them on 30 points. if they win and we win, the monks come 2nd.

goal difference doesnt come into it if the above happens.

• Advertisement

not so much a miracle, if they win they will prob finish second, unless we lose.

the ref was saying they won 3-1 so that puts them on 30 points. if they win and we win, the monks come 2nd.

goal difference doesnt come into it if the above happens.

ye but they still have to BEAT kooventus and hope we dont lose similar to the way we had to beat our last team last season and hope grant thorton lost to the gary abletts
    123 are still in with a shout also

Advertisement