Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 25th Feb 20:15 WES2 Kooventus

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I doubt anyone gives a **** about coming 2nd or 3rd I know I wouldn't.
    Good game, told Damo to shoot against the wind in the 1st half as it was forcasted to pick up later in the evening, have to say it was a good shout as the wind did seem more blustery in the 2nd half.

They dominated us in the 1st 10 minutes, it didn't help that we were playing 4-2-4 and with 3 in the middle the destroyed me and Ciaran, however when Art dropped back as the 3rd man we took the game from there on in.

Des nearly gave me a heart attack, gave him the phone and told him take me off if the missus calls as she is due the child in 2 weeks, im running off and he hands me the phone, turns out to be a txt to get milk and **** later on. Note to self only tell Des call me if she calls.

From 1-11 bar the 1st 10 minutes we were excellent and our workrate far surpassed theres, we could have had a few more but they were lack luster in their finishing and I think the score was a fair one.

One game left, everyone should still turn up and give their all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Des nearly gave me a heart attack, gave him the phone and told him take me off if the missus calls as she is due the child in 2 weeks, im running off and he hands me the phone, turns out to be a txt to get milk and **** later on. Note to self only tell Des call me if she calls.

I needed an excuse to take someone off, and that worked.

It was after you came off that we started to dominate the game too, as I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Good game, told Damo to shoot against the wind in the 1st half as it was forcasted to pick up later in the evening, have to say it was a good shout as the wind did seem more blustery in the 2nd half.

Oh yeah, I was captain on Tuesday, just in case no one noticed. About time too. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

lol what? Why wasn't it Jules?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

lol what? Why wasn't it Jules?

He was too busy preening himself on the sidelines or something. I think me and Darren were the only two players actually on the pitch when the ref did the toss.
    And once you call the toss, you're captain for the match...that's my motto and I'm sticking to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement