Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple tv 2

• 21-02-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Got a present of an apple tv 2 that was never used.
    I believe it can be jailbroken.
    Whats the best setup for this device?
    I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but plan on setting it up over the weekend.
    I have a Netflix(on wii and ps3) and sky sub and a dedicated xbmc pc in sitting room.
    Any recommendations would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Got a present of an apple tv 2 that was never used.
    I believe it can be jailbroken.
    Whats the best setup for this device?
    I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but plan on setting it up over the weekend.
    I have a Netflix(on wii and ps3) and sky sub and a dedicated xbmc pc in sitting room.
    Any recommendations would be welcome.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_on_Apple_TV_2

http://lifehacker.com/5739364/how-to-install-xbmc-on-your-apple-tv-2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Can I install Netflix and sky go on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Wanaknowmore

I jail broke myATV2 and installed XBMC. This allows me to stream from my NAS which is my main reason for using it.
    Netflix works on it but cannot comment on Sky Go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Sky go will not work on the AppleTV, unfortunately

If you install XBMC, also install the Maintenance add-on. The cache on my ATV tends to fill up causing chopping video, buffering etc.

The maintenance tool allows you to clear the cache without having to ssh in.

Advertisement