Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwich V Tottenham

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Nail in the coffin for CL qualification now. Can't see Sherwood staying past the summer. His persistence with Bentaleb has been part of his downfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

No sure tim knows that Norwich scored.. whats he waiting for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Brutal display,one of the worst of the season.How Sherwood can leave Eriksen on the bench and Leave Bentaleb on the pitch is unbelievable,lucky we didn't loose bymore today.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Huge respect for Chris Hughton.Spurs through and through.Would give his right arm to be Spurs manager and yet we have Sherwood at the helm.
    Doesn't seem right.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Taxi's for Dawson,Rose,Naughton,Bentaleb,Chadli and Soldado please....
    That was horrendous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

Yes, it's disappointing. I'm feeling pretty sick right now. But no point telling our players to f*ck off. You're either a fan or you're not. If you're not, go and become a gooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

A big clearance sale is needed in summer

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

A big clearance sale is needed in summer

Yup. Most of the muck that came in last summer plus a few that should have gone long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

When Capoue came off, surely Eriksen would have been a better sub? Is he injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Lets hope we finish sixth, Europa is only a curse

6th place could be Europa Cup too if City win it (I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Europa league win in 2015 brings a champions league place ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Was at the game today and am sickened. It was obvious from the off that Spurs were not up for this one, no urgency no effort. I wonder what Bentaleb has on Sherwood that he is automatic starter every bloody game. Was Eriksen injured???? as for our number 9, I will say no more as we all know what a flop he is. On a side note not one of our players applauded the away support after the game, granted they would have gotten a sh*tload of abuse if they came anywhere near us. Today was just not good enough Tottenham Hotspur, sort yourselves out and play for the bloody shirt.

Rumour on Arsebook that Walker wasn't injured but being punished for being out last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

As a young player Bentaleb is no doubt very talented but why is he starting every game? Tim, you've proved your point, why were the club buying 'stars' when we had talent coming through the youth system. Give the kid a rest before you burn him out. Bentaleb, Paulinho & Capoue all played 90mins on Thursday night.

If there's anything we learned under AVB it's that Europa League is a disease on league form. Travelling to the outer reaches of Europe FFS!

Can't wait for the season to be over and we get an experienced manager in! Tim nice but dim....

More bad news, Bentaleb won't get a break, pictures of Capoue leaving the ground on crutches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I try to stay positive as much as possible, but the players did not look one bit motivated today. Very little showing for the ball and not much pressure and desire to win the ball back.

Norwich were up for it and deserved their win.

The worst of all was the passing. It was absolutely dire. Every player misplaced a pass. It's just basic laziness and lack of concentration.

A decision nends to be made - if we're targeting 4th, then we need to get out of the EL. Otherwise, go for the EL and forget about the league and hope we come 6th. I know that sounds negative and cynical, but there seems to be little or no focus/motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

jenno86 wrote: »
    When Capoue came off, surely Eriksen would have been a better sub? Is he injured?
    If he was injured he wouldn't be on the bench,we needed him on the pitch today but Timmy persisted wit his first love Bentaleb,that was a bad mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

What a difference one game makes.

I suggest people have a read over the Newcastle thread.

Bentaleb was god only a week ago!

irishmover wrote: »
    What a difference one game makes.

I suggest people have a read over the Newcastle thread.

Bentaleb was god only a week ago!

I suggest you read this thread.

Nabil played 90mins on a pitch that resembled a cattle field in the outer reaches of Europe last Thursday. At 19 he's just a kid. Having just made his debut (away) in the EL he could probably benefit from a rest, nobody is saying he ain't talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I suggest you read this thread.

Nabil played 90mins on a pitch that resembled a cattle field in the outer reaches of Europe last Thursday. At 19 he's just a kid. Having just made his debut (away) in the EL he could probably benefit from a rest, nobody is saying he ain't talented.

I suppose I should have went into a bit more detail. The positivity about the team and Sherwood against Newcastle was at a high. One league game later it's the complete opposite.

It's the margins of the league to be honest.

There was a few calling for Bentalebs head though. I do agree he could have done with a rest. Even without the EL game.

• Advertisement

Bentaleb wasn't the only one though, it's unfair to single him out. Paulinho was terrible, even Ade and Dembele were dispossessed several times

Bentaleb wasn't the only one though, it's unfair to single him out. Paulinho was terrible, even Ade and Dembele were dispossessed several times

Agreed, surely Tim could have rotated those that did play on Thursday a bit better. In his defence we've little cover in defence but starting Paulinho, Bentaleb & Capoue twice in three days via Ukraine, a bit naive if you ask me.
    irishmover wrote: »
    I suppose I should have went into a bit more detail. The positivity about the team and Sherwood against Newcastle was at a high. One league game later it's the complete opposite.

Fair enough but the result against Newcastle glorified our performance. Our defence was a shambles and only for Lloris it could have been 4-4. Shambolic defending v Dnipro and again today too..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Definitely need two new quality full backs. Plus a center half to accompany Vertonghen, Dawson turns like the Titanic. I'v been impressed with Arsenal's defensive partnership, there's been no cohesion this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Was at the game today and am sickened. It was obvious from the off that Spurs were not up for this one, no urgency no effort. I wonder what Bentaleb has on Sherwood that he is automatic starter every bloody game. Was Eriksen injured???? as for our number 9, I will say no more as we all know what a flop he is. On a side note not one of our players applauded the away support after the game, granted they would have gotten a sh*tload of abuse if they came anywhere near us. Today was just not good enough Tottenham Hotspur, sort yourselves out and play for the bloody shirt.

Hate to hear that mate.
    Awful performance. The team from the off was odd, why start guys who played 90 mins on Thursday ahead of the likes of Eriksen or Townsend who would have been fresher, doesn't make sense. And then he brings on Chadli, I don't care what anyone says, he's not up to it. How many times does he go down the left wing, turn back and pass it inside or back to the full back :mad: he's not of the standard we want.

I thought the substitutions were 10/15 mins too late too, waiting til 25 mins to go to change it was a joke.

Tim could have signed his own death warrant yesterday. Very little chance of 4th now.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

OK, Here goes...
    Norwich have been playing fairly well lately with good possession and creating chances...Their problem is, they cant put the ball in the back of the net thus not picking up points.
    Us on the other hand have excellent away form recently bar Dnipro.
    I expect us to pick up another 3 points on the road.
    The beauty and horror of the 4.00 Sunday kickoff is, we know how all the others have done at the weekend, and then we know what we have to do.

Norwich 1 - 2 Spurs.

Lloris
    Walker - Kaboul - Jan - Rose.

Capoue - Bentaleb.

Lennon - Dembele - Paulinho

Ade.

Correct selection but for the 2 injuries...
    Its getting to a stage where i sort off know the players that Tim'll pick but no way would they be my preferred choices....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

WE had the chances to win the game yesterday:

Ade was clean through when he robbed Bassong and should have done better.
    He then played a great 1-2 with Paulinho but had a bad first touch when through.
    Soldado missed an absolute golden chance about 7 yards out after great play from Ade.
    Soldado put a header wide from a cross from Lennon

Chadli should have scored with a few minutes to go when one on one with their goalkeeper.

My point being the posts here are very negative and our manager is getting a terrible slating but on another day we could have scored at least one of those chances and gone on to win the game. The team selection would not have mattered had we taken our chances.
    2 defeats in 11 league games is not the end of the world lads. Its unfortunate that the teams above us do not look like dropping too many points but there is a long way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

what a shocking woeful performance yesterday. Both CB's were awful - vertonghen is a great man for throwing his hands up and giving out to players if he makes a mistake.

Lloris was the only half decent performance. The rest were terrible.

We can get still 4th but looks like we will have to go to anfield and win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

http://www.independent.ie/sport/jan-vertonghen-hints-at-transfer-switch-if-spurs-fail-to-make-top-four-30036698.html

Sherwoods interview after the game was odd also. He says "players with spirit bounce back after losing to win the next game, we will have to see what kind of spirit is "in there". There was nothing like "we have spirit" or "we are in this together" - very poor i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well spirit is obviously rubbish or we would have bounced back after the mid-week defeat with a win yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Any body else think vertonghen looks like hes lost interest with Spurs??

Advertisement