Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwich V Tottenham

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He's been narky since he's been back from injury, he used to make some nice mazy runs. Haven't seen him do that for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He's been narky since he's been back from injury, he used to make some nice mazy runs. Haven't seen him do that for a while.

They're clearly losing interest i think. Not panning out the way they were told or had planned. My mate sent me this, that he'd put up on twitter. Now I'm not on twitter or know anything about it. Fake or otherwise. Can't attach the file, I'm not tech savvy. It said "little update. We're ***t"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

On one hand you can understand their frustration, they joined a club which was sold as 'implementing a long term footballing philosophy' and that crumbled before their very eyes. On the other hand, your being paid a small fortune, get on with your fcuking job!

As for Sherwood, he was always gonna be a stop gap lads, the same way Di Matteo was for Cheslea and he won the Champions League! A great analogy on twitter today "if you were a thoroughbred race horse owner would you let the stable lad train them?"

We can only dream of having someone with Van Gaals credentials (Barca, Bayern & Ajax) taking over at WHL. It's what Levy should have done when Redknapp was sacked instead of adopting his transfer policy of speculating on young and cheap. AVB was a gamble that didn't pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Glebee wrote: »
    Any body else think vertonghen looks like hes lost interest with Spurs??

Unfortunately it does look like he is not happy with the calibre of player he is playing alongside (i.e Naughton, Dawson, Rose). The only chance we have of keeping Jan is appointing a top manager like LVG and have a serious crack next season at the top. If the worst happens and the current manager stays in place Jan will be out the door without doubt IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

2 5hitty back to back results and performances

Our good results since Christmas have been papering over the cracks

this season is a write off IMO, missing out on Europa next season would be a bonus.
    6th is better for you than 5th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I can seriously say that the Europa League is the worst possible tournament to be involved in. From the structure of the tournament, to the places you have to go to, the pitches you have to play on and the horrible bloody ITV4 or 3e coverage you have to watch. It's disgusting!

Even if they made the tournament an FA Cup style knock-out tournament, it would be 100 times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Unfortunately it does look like he is not happy with the calibre of player he is playing alongside (i.e Naughton, Dawson, Rose). The only chance we have of keeping Jan is appointing a top manager like LVG and have a serious crack next season at the top. If the worst happens and the current manager stays in place Jan will be out the door without doubt IMO.

From today's Independent - would dread to see that happen.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/jan-vertonghen-hints-at-transfer-switch-if-spurs-fail-to-make-top-four-30036698.html

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I can seriously say that the Europa League is the worst possible tournament to be involved in. From the structure of the tournament, to the places you have to go to, the pitches you have to play on and the horrible bloody ITV4 or 3e coverage you have to watch. It's disgusting!

Even if they made the tournament an FA Cup style knock-out tournament, it would be 100 times better.

Europa league is rubbish but if we cant go away midweek and beat the rubbish teams in it then how would we cope going to the best in the champions league, getting a chasing then coming back and playing league games. We are just not good enough and its seems it doesnt matter what we do we always fail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Don't be so fast to dismiss the Europa League. Europa league could be our only way back into CL. Winners of 2014/15 go into CL in 2015/16

As for Vertonghen he's a good player no doubt but dunno is he as good as some Spurs fans would have us believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Don't be so fast to dismiss the Europa League. Europa league could be our only way back into CL. Winners of 2014/15 go into CL in 2015/16

As for Vertonghen he's a good player no doubt but dunno is he as good as some Spurs fans would have us believe.

He's a very stylish defender, but that doesn't make him a great defender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

oppiuy wrote: »
    Europa league is rubbish but if we cant go away midweek and beat the rubbish teams in it then how would we cope going to the best in the champions league, getting a chasing then coming back and playing league games. We are just not good enough and its seems it doesnt matter what we do we always fail

I know they are rubbish teams, but it's hard for players to motivate themselves when everything about the match is a second rate.

The tournament is crap, the opposition is crap and the players that have to play in the matches know that they probably won't play in the next league game. It's very hard to get motivated for that..... yet, 5 or 6 of the first teamers have to travel, prepare and then travel back before starting to get prepared for the next game.

It takes a team at least two days to prepare for the next match.

So...

Sunday - play a PL match.
    Monday - Rest day/off
    Tuesday - Prep for EL fixture
    Wednesday - travel
    Thursday morn - warm-up
    Friday - travel/day off
    Saturday - prep for PL fixture
    Sunday - Match

As you can see, one day of tactical preparation on a Saturday is not enough. As a result we have dropped 17 points after EL games and the above explains why.

In the Champions League you have the all important extra day to prepare your team for the Premier League fixture.

Advertisement