Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swimming V my skin

• 21-02-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I've always had dry skin and am in between mositurisers at the minute so wonder if someone could give me any advice

I recently took up swimming and when I get out of the pool the face looks like a jigsaw puzzle with the all the cracked skin !! On my nose is pretty bad.

I've been lashing on the aveeno and hoping for the best but if any body could give me some tips that would be great. Also , and sorry now coz this is gross , my pores do be a mess when I come out as well.

I do a mask once a week with oats and honey to try and get rid of the flakey skin but it's not really helping. The only thing that seems to keep my skin together in this cold season is Vaseline but that comes with it's own problems.

Am thinking of going to get a facial done to see if I can start again so to speak.
    But does any one have any tips for post swim skin care?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Can you get some sort of barrier cream to put on before swimming? Something that is water resistant and thick enough to stop the chemicals sitting on your skin. I'm sure I've seen things advertised, but I'm not much of a swimmer so didn't pay much attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Silcocks base is probably worth a look. It's really cheap and comes in a big tube and is pretty heavy duty. I've been having a similar issue although no where near as bad since I started swimming again the last few week. Flaky forehead,nose and lips and so itchy, do I've been lashing on 8hr cream before I I get in and it's working pretty well.

Advertisement