Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia c5 unlock not working

Options
  • 21-02-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

HI I have a nokia c5 and when I put in a different sim card it should ask for network unlock code but it says sim invalid.

I tried entering the code with #PW+CODE+1#
    It says not allowed

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Where did you get the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 johnthree

I don't know its my boss that gets them he says he emails some guy that's all he tells me. They normally work I used a program called usb nokia to try unlock by cable it said it was unlocked but then when I put in new sim it did not work . It still says sim card invalid.

Im thinking the phone is sim locked but maybe you know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

How To Force Nokia BB5 Code

1. Download this file attached, and unzip it. This contains 'SendCodeUsb.exe' (Don't run it just yet.)

2. Download and Install the latest Nokia PC Suite (This installs the phone drivers)

3. Connect your phone to the PC and select PC Suite on your phone screen, then wait for all the drivers to install.

4. Run the 'SendCodeUsb.exe' program.

5. Click the 'Read Phone Info' button to check the connection, you will also see some info about your phone.

6. Tick the 'Check for FBus' option.

7. Enter the unlocking code supplied into the 'Unlock Code (15 digits)' box. NOTE: only enter the middle numbers part
    EG if your code is #pw+418636523456123+1#, then just enter 418636523456123

8. Next, select the Lock 'Level (1-7)'. this should be set at 1.

9. Finally Click the 'Send Unlock Code' button to send the code to the phone and unlock it.

Replace the 15 digit code with your provided one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 johnthree

Hi Staticnoise

I tried that software called nokia usb its the same as the one you suggested . It said phone unlocked at the end of the process but when I tried a foreign sim it said sim not allowed . Thanks for your help its much appreciated . I gave the phone back to the person and said it could not be unlocked.

Advertisement