Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dipping my toe into the classic car scene pool (1950s)

Options
  • 21-02-2014 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

So, I've had my taste of classic car ownership for about a month now with my Wolseley, and Fiesta. I've been driving them a lot, its great. But, I'm looking for something older again. 1950s, early 60s.

I don't have lots of experience, if I'm honest. I know about my Wolseley because I grew up and learned my tricks on the same engine.

Would I be a bit mad to go and spend money on another car from the 50s? Would I be looking at any more maintenance compared to my two?

Thanks,

Kaiser

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

How about a little Ford 100E from the mid-fifties or so? Cheap, simple little thing, and their getting popular in the UK. A nice one could well appreciate.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Would I be looking at any more maintenance compared to my two?

Depends, but I would say yes. You'd be forever going round the car every 1k with a grease-gun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

macplaxton wrote: »
    Depends, but I would say yes. You'd be forever going round the car every 1k with a grease-gun. :D

No harm in that though, always good to tweak a lady's nipples to get to know her well.

Advertisement