Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex Signet 100 keypad only shows version and s/n

Options
  • 21-02-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

After a recent power outage which lasted 36 hours our europlex signet 100 keypads are all showing version and serial numbers only , pressing the keypad just changes to another screen showing RFID: NONE and MODEL: NONE.At separate times, I've removed the battery and repowered the system , momentarily pressed the yellow button on the board, removed the main fuse and reset while holding the yellow button, all of which made no difference. Will I need a new board , new keypads or what should I do?
    Any info would be great.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Open the panel and press the reset button to the top right of the PCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

KoolKid wrote: »
    Open the panel and press the reset button to the top right of the PCB.

The yellow one? I tried that a few times to no avail.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Strange,
    Try holding it in untill your prompted to default & then say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Is the battery still disconnected? We had one during the week where the battery was absorbing most of the available power.

A Good point, also check the voltage as well. I have seen faulty boards giving out 7-8 volts DC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hopefully its only greedy battery-itis

kub wrote: »
    Is the battery still disconnected? We had one during the week where the battery was absorbing most of the available power.

I left the battery out while doing the resets and it's still out just running on mains power.

A Good point, also check the voltage as well. I have seen faulty boards giving out 7-8 volts DC

I'll get a multimeter on it later , am I checking for the voltage being put out to the battery terminals?

Strange,
    Try holding it in untill your prompted to default & then say no.

I'll try that now.

Car99 wrote: »
    I'll try that now.

No joy, when I press it LED's 3.4.5,6 blink on then off ,

LED 1 is constantly on cause I have the battery out I guess.
    LED 2 is off which means main supply is ok
    LED 3 is off which means E-BUS STATUS is not ok
    LED 4 is off which if on signals a fault?!
    LED 5 is flashing but it should normally be off
    LED 6 is off but it should be flashing if all is ok.

Is there any point checking the dc voltage if the system won't reset with a good mains supply and the battery removed?

• Advertisement

What's the worst case scenario ? How much could it cost me?

Is there any point checking the dc voltage if the system won't reset with a good mains supply and the battery removed?

Yes
    Check the aux 12 volt DC supply.
    Also check the keypad 12volt supply.

Yes
    Check the aux 12 volt DC supply.
    Also check the keypad 12volt supply.

Both 12v supplies are good, what next? Change control panel? Is it DIY possible?
    Can I still get a 3725-100 panel?
    I also want a receiver with key fobs to set/ unset the alarm and a gsm kit to text when there's an alarm event. Is it difficult to set up the system ?

You can get a SPC 4220 PCB board & replace it with that. Better still a SPC4320 will give you IP and remote access via app or web browser.
    Have you wireless on that panel?
    If so you will need to get a licence key from Siemens for it to accept the Visonic wireless devices.

You can get a SPC 4220 PCB board & replace it with that. Better still a SPC4320 will give you IP and remote access via app or web browser.
    Have you wireless on that panel?
    If so you will need to get a licence key from Siemens for it to accept the Visonic wireless devices.

Thanks Koolkid, I'll look into those options.

Hi,

I have a wireless pir in the garage and chances are that's blown too I've been told so it's been suggested to me to go to a hkc panel that's wireless ready with new hkc keypads , key fobs and hkc wireless pir and a gsm kit. I'm waiting for a quote to come back. Can the hkc be connected to the internet and are there apps for hkc too?

If your waiting for the HKC app don't hold your breath. Search around this forum over the last 2 years any you will see it being promised over & over again.
    Its been coming & not coming for the last 2 years, we even had someone on here just before Christmas swearing it was available.
    If you have Europlex the obvious move is to just replace the PCB & upgrade to Siemens SPC, That way you are getting full web access to your panel via Apps & any browser.
    Another point to note is that AFAIK HKC panels do not have a web server on board. You may be relying on a cloud service here & there are lots of rumours of annual subscriptions for the app.
    Siemens is free & so is the new Risco LightSYS

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AvGuy

Hi all,

After a recent power outage which lasted 36 hours our europlex signet 100 keypads are all showing version and serial numbers only , pressing the keypad just changes to another screen showing RFID: NONE and MODEL: NONE.At separate times, I've removed the battery and repowered the system , momentarily pressed the yellow button on the board, removed the main fuse and reset while holding the yellow button, all of which made no difference. Will I need a new board , new keypads or what should I do?
    Any info would be great.
    Cheers.

Hi, I'm Having the same problem with my mothers alarm, it happened before and a single press of the reset button fixed it but this time it just will not work even with a long press (10 seconds) to try bring it back to factory default. I connected my laptop to it via the network connection but the laptop doesn't even see that anything is connected to the port, if i connect via the USB the laptop see's something is connected but i have no drivers for it. I am getting 16.5 volts from the transformer into the main board, i have tried resetting with the panels (X2) and the battery disconnected, status Leds 3+5 are flashing green, i think his means there is a system fault. there is a GSM module installed, i disconnected it and tried again but its still the same. Has anyone an idea's what else i can try?

Have you anything else connected to the XBus?
    If so try connecting one thing at a time & power cycle each time.

Failing that it may need a new board I'm afraid.

As far as i know the two panels are the only thing connected on the ebus, i disconnected the panels at the panel end, i disconnected both the power and comms.
    if i had a USB driver would i be able to connect to it with the laptop (win7)?
    would it be worth while disconnecting everything else off the board?
    before this happened i was getting different zones getting triggered, the system became unreliable over 2 months or so.

• Advertisement

When you connect via USB is the panel even seen as an unknown device?
    The only things worth disconnecting would be aux power power out and bells.

Yes the laptop detects it as a unknown device, is there a driver i can download for it?
    I will try disconnecting the aux and bells today.

Yes
    The software is called Signet Pro
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with software unless it's from the manufacturers own source. As Europlex no longer exist that is not an option.
    I'd say if you contact Siemens Vanderbilt they may help you out.

KoolKid, thank you for all your help.

I have removed the main board to see if i can find any faulty components on the board but it does look ok, i'm guessing the firmware got corrupted, is there anyone that can repair the boards?

I will contact siemens and see if they will help.

I have found a secondhand Signet 300 for sale for £150 on the net and it comes with the software, do you think this would work as a replacement or should i replace the board with a newer model, remote access would be nice but it does come down to the cost.

Its a good price for a SigNET 300 , but you could get a band new Siemens Vanderbilt 4320 for around the same price.This would give you the latest firmware & use of the SPC Connect Portal & Apps etc.

The SigNET 300 can also be upgraded to the latest Siemens Vanderbilt versions.

Hi KoolKid, just a few more questions for you.
    where can i buy the Siemens Vanderbilt 4320?
    do i need to be a dealer to get all the firmware updates?
    will the Gsm module and my 2 wireless zones work with the 4320 or will i need licence keys or extras to get back up and running?

Hi

Most suppliers in the sticky would stock these.
    Remember all you would #need is the PCB. There is an option to purchase this on its own.
    Latest firmware is available here. However , if you were upgrading from SigNET you would need some earlier versions to update step by step.
    Your GSM module will work. If you have Europlex Wireless devices you can get a licence key from Vanderbilt to allow these to work.

Advertisement