Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7.0.6 is out. You'll probably want it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Just downloaded the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I'm on 7.1 beta 5. GM could be next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I installed Evasion jailbreak earlier today. This evening after springboard crashed for no reason i decided to restore but was constantly getting an error "this iphone cannot be restored - error 3194".

Now i've figured it out - Apple are no longer signing ios 7.0.4 (which is the file i was trying to restore to".
    Meh!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I'm on 7.1 beta 5. GM could be next week.
    7.1 beta's won't have this fix unless they release a new beta including the fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yes. You definitely do want to install this. Unusual misstep from Apple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Don't know if I'm imagining it or not but my iphone 4 seems to be faster and the battery life improved since I installed it.

7.1 beta's won't have this fix unless they release a new beta including the fix.

Not too worried about it. I think this update has a lot to do with the GBA Emulator that can be installed through Safari. I don't want to lose Mario Kart on my iPhone just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Faz6r

i prefer kitkat 4.4.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Then what are you reading apple threads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Then what are you reading apple threads?

People, myself included, can own more than on device. Loads of people now own a tablet and phone. They don't have to be the same OS.

Anyway security fixes are good to see but a bit disturbing they aren't picked up earlier.

• Advertisement

Faz6r wrote: »
    i prefer kitkat 4.4.2

Nah, Cadbury over Nestlé any day of the week.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Nah, Cadbury over Nestlé any day of the week.
    not if you seen how filthy the cadburys in coolock was :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Faz6r wrote: »
    i prefer kitkat 4.4.2

KitKat Chunky all day long, and if i feel like something different, Chunky White Chocolate!

kceire wrote: »
    KitKat Chunky all day long, and if i feel like something different, Chunky White Chocolate!
    yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Catherine!

I was prompted to install this update just 3 days after buying an iPod Touch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Catherine! wrote: »
    Do you think that's a bad thing?

Catherine! wrote: »

Lucky you bought that iPod touch then or we wouldn't have got the update

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Anyone recommend installing it on a iphone 4? like is there any issues performance and battery wise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Can someone explain to all us dummies who have no clue what this update is about, exactly what it does and why it's needed? I haven't upgraded since 7.0.2 but will do so if it improves the phones performance etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

in a nutshell:

when you log into a secure website (think boards.ie login, your banking online, aerlingus and so on), your phone checks to see if that website has got a valid certificate (certificates are obtained via a 3rd party). The bug that 7.0.6 fixes closes an exploit that someone could use to cause a man in the middle attack (pretending to be your bank, or be someone who they are not), basically tricking the phone and you into thinking you're handing over sensitive information to a trusted and secure entity.

The bug is a really really silly logical error, that should have been caught by proper testing/code/coding standards. this is why there's a huge kerfuffle about it.

you should definitely update! do it, do it now!

have you done it yet?

Advertisement