Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 Question

Options
  • 21-02-2014 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi All,

I see no onboard outputs. What are my options for controlling gates, lights..etc on the Q70. I do not have a GSM-Q or GSM-P but would consider.

Ta,
    I.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

monomer wrote: »
    Hi All,

I see no onboard outputs. What are my options for controlling gates, lights..etc on the Q70. I do not have a GSM-Q or GSM-P but would consider.

Ta,
    I.

There is no outputs on the Quantum 70.
    You can use a GSM-P for controlling lights, gates etc depending on the version..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi monomer.
    Is this a system you have installed or one your considering?
    If the latter the GSD i70 or Visonic panels would allow you to add outputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

Hi guys I'm looking for some help. I installed a HKC quantum 70 few weeks back at home and yesterday in bought some proxy tags and a rf rkp but not having great luck. Firstly the tags will not scan when I put them near d keypad I'm in d proxy tag assign menu and secondly the rf rkp will not connect to the panel. The rf rkp I got from a friend that said it was working fine but all I get is NO COMMS and the panel does no find it on a rf rkp search. Is it possibly tied into an alarm my mate had and if so is there a way to default the rkp. Any help greatly appreciated

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To clarify....
    Is the wireless key pad installed on you system?
    That needs to be in place before we look at installing proximity fobs.

KoolKid wrote: »
    To clarify....
    Is the wireless key pad installed on you system?
    That needs to be in place before we look at installing proximity fobs.

Hi koolkid no the rf rkp is not installed on d quantum 70 I'm trying to add this device by using quantum 70 keypad but ass I said when I do rf add & id devices the system does not find the rkp, I press buttons on the rf rkp to wake it but all it says is no comms and switches to sleep again until another button is pressed

• Advertisement

Doesn't sound good. How far is the keypad from the panel?

Doesn't sound good. How far is the keypad from the panel?

I could have it next to the panel when trying to add it too system, that mean it ***ked? Any ideas on proxy tags?

And is the keypad powered up and responsive?

And is the keypad powered up and responsive?

Well 4 batteries on keypad I also removed them and wired a 12vdc psu same as before Hkc logo comes on on power up and leds come on and NO COMMS flash on screen then few seconds later everything goes blank inc display and leds go out until a button is pressed on keypad then it comes to life again

Would really need to be trying another panel and keypad to isolate the problem.

• Advertisement

Would really need to be trying another panel and keypad to isolate the problem.

Is that normal operation of the rf rkp for screen to go blank must be a power saving mode I'll try another panel tomorrow see wats happening tanx for your help

No, the screen should be responsive and the keypad should enroll without any issue.

Is that normal operation of the rf rkp for screen to go blank must be a power saving mode I'll try another panel tomorrow see wats happening tanx for your help

Thanks koolkid I'm looking at trying another panel see wat happenings with rf rkp why would proxy tags not scanning? I go into proxy tag assign and when I'm asked to scan tag it does not read it. I have tried some tags on a 1070 panel and it scans perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭judge30

Hey not all quantum 70,s have the prox keyfob feature but if your trying to the rf keypad it should have prox scanner when the screen goes blank on the keypad it is going into power saving mode
    this is the steps to connect the rf rkp

The system displays Devs Found - 000 when it starts scanning and as it
    finds its first device the display changes to Devs Found - 001. When the
    system has found all its devices (you can only have two RF-RKP per
    installation*) press quit to stop the scanning process.
    • Close the tamper switches in sequence. You will hear an audible
    indication as each device is identified into the system.
    Note: The RF-Echo can have a delayed reaction.

Advertisement