Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of paving - looking for good paver

• 21-02-2014 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I want to put down some granite paving around my house and looking for an idea of how much it is for labour and all material except the granite itself. I know I need sand/cement mix. Is there an approximte sq/m charge.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

tricky99 wrote: »
    I want to put down some granite paving around my house and looking for an idea of how much it is for labour and all material except the granite itself. I know I need sand/cement mix. Is there an approximte sq/m charge.

Expect to pay at least € 35.00 -€ 40.00/sqm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Whats the M2 area you are laying and where, prices vary in different parts.
    Did you get your Granite, I got varying prices for a granite job last week, it was for large cut slabs 1200x500x60, I got prices ranging from €23-€48 per unit...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tricky99

80-90 s/m

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tricky99

I much prefer the color and texture of sandstone but being advised against it. Any feedback?

tricky99 wrote: »
    I much prefer the color and texture of sandstone but being advised against it. Any feedback?

One hears plenty of nonsense about stone, avoid this, do this etc etc.

The key criteria is size of area, aspect and preferred finish.

Some common sense is worth bearing in mind. All stone will be affected by weather, ie rain and dampness will affect all stone, the lighter the colour, the more it will green, but easily removed by regular powerwashing. Similarly stone on a north facing or shaded site is more likely to green more.

Used wisely both sandstone and limestone are excellent.

Lighter tones weather, darker tones fade!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

Expect to pay at least € 35.00 -€ 40.00/sqm

What the hell,a few euro more and you could build a house for that kind money m2

vinnie13 wrote: »
    What the hell,a few euro more and you could build a house for that kind money m2

:confused:

That would be some house, any pics? :(

Advertisement