Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CK Tri 2014 - 9th August NS

Options
  • 21-02-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

FYI - Caroline Kearney Triathlon opens for registration on Friday next the 28th February 2014 at 8pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Going back for the fourth time in 5 years. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Unfortunately sold out already..... the reduction in the number of NS races seems to have had an impact as this would usually have taken 3 or 4 weeks to sell out in the past.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

dropped the ball on this one. gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Missed entry for this one as thought I would be away but plans changed!.

I've gone on waiting list. Just wondering in peoples experience, have I Hope, no hope or Bob Hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

Podge83 wrote: »
    Missed entry for this one as thought I would be away but plans changed!.

I've gone on waiting list. Just wondering in peoples experience, have I Hope, no hope or Bob Hope?

I had my name on the waiting list early on and got a spot.

• Advertisement

CK tri has reopened. Last 50 slots now available.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

They didn't put the link up anywhere. I navigated the precision timing website and found this http://precisiontiming.primo-solutions.co.uk/ps/event/CarolineKearneyTriathlon20131

Wouldn't be open if there were no entries through that page I'd imagine.

Just entered! Thanks for that EC1000. (& RQ)

@RQ Its getting sorted this morning! Use RQs link above!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

got through from the waiting list. - delighted

• Advertisement

Approx 20 spots left as of last night. A change of bike route has allowed us to increase capacity - no bike to run crossover any more. Added benefit of a much faster bike course and now exactly 40k also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I've a spot for sale if anyone is still looking?

Start list now up on our CK Tri Facebook page if anyone wants a look.

They completely messed up my entry...good excuse not to go though...

EC1000 wrote: »
    Start list now up on our CK Tri Facebook page if anyone wants a look.

I really don't want to see how far down the field my complete lack of training will have me.

Can I also get my complaint in early. One of your marshals has promised to knock me off my bike. We may or may not be related.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭fluboy

Sorry, only just noticed that they have changed the bike route from two laps to one 40 km loop. Anybody know what the new course is like? Any hills etc

fluboy wrote: »
    Sorry, only just noticed that they have changed the bike route from two laps to one 40 km loop. Anybody know what the new course is like? Any hills etc

The only thing that might slow you down tomorrow is a bit of wind. Other than that its pan flat and silky smooth (sort of)!

One assumes parking is at race HQ?

While out running tonight I was declaring myself out. Painkillers have post run have changed my mind. :p

One assumes parking is at race HQ?

While out running tonight I was declaring myself out. Painkillers have post run have changed my mind. :p

Yes, lack of parking is no reason to stay away :)

EC1000 wrote: »
    Yes, lack of parking is no reason to stay away :)

:D

Is it a deep water start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

:D

Is it a deep water start?

Depends on how small you are!!

Previous years you walk out to waist / chest high water but don't get too close to the gun, mother of God your ears will ring for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Results

This was a really well organised event, hats off to Midland Tri. Water was calm and clear (if congested!), bike route was pretty flat, on great roads, very well marshalled at all junctions. I didn't notice as much drafting as usual; I'd say the steeper penalties have concentrated minds. That rain shower really stung on the bike though! Nice run through the forest, and a freshly-cooked pork sandwich to finish:D Have to come back for seconds next year.

Never thought I'd see the day that my swim would be the strongest part of my race and the bike the weakest. Turns out training is important, who knew.

This season and this.summer can't end quickly enough.

Super race this one today.

Personally I had a disaster which i have already dismissed to the memory banks but will remember the day for a great race put on by Midland tri!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

BTH wrote: »
    Never thought I'd see the day that my swim would be the strongest part of my race and the bike the weakest. Turns out training is important, who knew.

There's always next year E.

Basster wrote: »
    There's always next year E.

Me and Stevie G, forever talking about next year being our year.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

BTH wrote: »

You really didn't look happy coming through Kilbeggan. Actually thought you were going to dnf. Well done sticking it out to the end.

Clum wrote: »
    You really didn't look happy coming through Kilbeggan. Actually thought you were going to dnf. Well done sticking it out to the end.

I was around the corner before I realised it was you. It got a whole lot worse before I got to the finish. Never had such a poor bike leg.

Needed to finish if I'm to get to 5 NS races. Otherwise I'd need to head to Blacksod and I'm not going up there again in even worse shape than I was last year when I took a hammering. Only doing that because of the club champs and a few of the guys are looking like missing out on the 5 races. I'm doing that bad that I might still miss the top 6 anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

Absolutely loved this race. Prob my favourite NS race of this year.
    Someone told me the swim course was a bit short. I was a bit surprised by my slightly better than usual swim too so maybe that's it.

Rain was a killer towards end bike. Hands too wet & cold to unclip helmet in T2. Ran to a marshal asking for his help with unclipping!
    Always been coming in 4th in my category (30-34) which has been a bit dis-heartening but this was the first time I won something!! A much needed boost. Only started doing Triathlon last year & wanted to give it a good shot this year. I think it's v-nice how CK did it because technically I came 4th in cat but because the overall first winnder was in the same category, they exclude them from the 1, 2 ,3 cat winners to give the rest of us a chance. Haven't seen other races do this. Maybe nxt year will change.

Think that's my last NS race done now for the this year! I hope you all come to the Pulse Tri Sprint (NS) on 20th Sept. It promises to be epic :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement