Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing DD amount

Options
  • 21-02-2014 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I pay my ESB bill by Direct Debit. It was estimated by over 300 units which is over 60E. I have the amount calculated. I am wondering will the bank change the DD for me for this payment. I know I will be allowed on the next bill in 2 months time but I need that 60e now for other bills.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Bank can't change dd amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Hi Nervous Thanks for your reply. I guess you are certain of that!! Do you think is there any point in ringing ESB & explaining the situation to them. Its not due to be taken out until 2nd March.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just go online and enter a meter reading, a new bill will be issued within about 3 days, the new amount should then be taken by DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Just go online and enter a meter reading, a new bill will be issued within about 3 days, the new amount should then be taken by DD.

Do this.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Good advice! Also if you're concerned that the new bill won't be out in time, you could follow the online meter reading up with a phone call the next day to confirm that the DD amount will be adjusted to reflect the new reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Thanks to all!! I sent in the metre reading & rang the company & she inform me a new bill will be issued. Hopefully the correct amount will come out on 2nd March.

Advertisement