Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i walk away? Need advice please.

Options
  • 22-02-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi so this is the first time i have looked for advice online about a relationship but need some advice from outside parties to see what i should do.

I meet a guy nearly a year ago, we got on great, he said so too, people used to say we looked happy together, even a few strangers noted it. We went on holiday together even tho we were only going out 6months. He asked me to go? He had introduced me to his family and invited me to stay in his family home for a family celebration too. When we got back from holiday 4 days later he dumped me, he said he didnt see a future with me because he does not think i can handle his job and he does not love me and did not want to waste my time or his!. He is in the defence forces.
    I was heart broken. After we broke up he made contact a number of times through text, he initiated all the contact, he came to visit me twice, once because i asked him too as he dumped me over the phone. The second because he wanted to see me.
    I told him after than i did not want any contact from him because he was confusing me and he told me i needed move on?
    Well he has got called to go on a over sea's tour and has made contact again! We meet up for a weekend, he also wants to keep intouch while he is away, he wished me a happy valentines, but when i tried to contact him by phone call he didnt answer but did not return the call, when i text him happy birthday he reply that he forgot to call me back.
    He is not as romantic as he was in the 6months we went out, does not hold my hand but we do hug and kiss.
    When i asked if i'd see him again before he left, he said we could meet when he has a change.
    So my question is do i tell him i need to walk away or stick around as i feel he would like my support when he is away, i care about him but dont want to be used.
    I have not asked him straight out why he has not just walked away after dumping me, should i just enjoy the time i spend with him before he goes and say nothing or do i bring it up before he goes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

He sounds like he doesn't know what he wants.
    Unless it's on his terms,that is.

Don't worry about him needing your support while he's away.
    It's not as if he considered your feelings when he broke up with you over the phone.
    He said he couldn't see a future with you,he said he didn't love you.
    You cannot get more blunt than that.

My advice?
    Move on,you deserve better.He's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

if you like being a doormat and being treated badly then stick around...otherwise cut it and dont look back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

What a head wrecker.

Sounds like you'll do until someone better comes along.

Move on. You're better off without him.

When we got back from holiday 4 days later he dumped me, he said he didnt see a future with me because he does not think i can handle his job and he does not love me and did not want to waste my time or his!.

he dumped me over the phone.

he told me i needed move on?

So my question is do i tell him i need to walk away or stick around as i feel he would like my support when he is away, i care about him but dont want to be used.

why would you possibly need to support him when he is away?? i dont understand, he isnt interested in you now. he doesnt want to be with you. why would you be a handy old text/email buddy for him when he is away?

move on girl, perfect for you as you wont have him anywhere near ya!

Advertisement