Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crystal Palace vs Manchester United match thread. 22/2/2014 k/o 17.30 Sky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

20 mins in and what do we think?

I'm liking it so far.

There seems to be less emphasis on getting it wide and crossing on every attack although it is going wide at times

Fellaini has been instructed to push high up the pitch, Rooney is dropping deep and there seems to be more central link up play in the final third than usual.

May be less emphasis on it but that's what it's descending into. Januzaj has to come in a bit more. I'm not sure Rooney and himself would be good enough receiving the ball in tight areas to pull off the tight attacking 3. Adnan staying wide is stopping Evra's overlap which has to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think Fellaini pushing up means another defender or midfielder is occupied because there is someone following Mata a lot of the time. Januzaj is allowed a lot of space on the left as a result.

I'm liking it so far.

There seems to be less emphasis on getting it wide and crossing on every attack although it is going wide at times

Fellaini has been instructed to push high up the pitch, Rooney is dropping deep and there seems to be more central link up play in the final third than usual.

Look incredibly slow when breaking.

Close from Vidic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Something has to be done about the absolute scum who think it's ok to throw things at players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

if rooney scores i hope he runs over to that corner flag and does this:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Some miss from Vidic.

Johner wrote: »
    Some miss from Vidic.

Harder than it looks coz he was well underneath it and was leaning back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Something has to be done about the absolute scum who think it's ok to throw things at players.

They're all about 40 as well.

Embarrassing.

• Advertisement

Would you look at that. Interplay on the edge of the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'm liking it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Palace showing utd too much respect

The stewards just looking at it too. The PL at this stage should be bringing in their own people and not just having local lads doing the games with no backbone.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Would you look at that. Interplay on the edge of the box
    Then get it wide to Mata to cross.

Great from Rooney, poor from RVP.

Still very static in attack, needs to be a lot more movement.

• Advertisement

Palace are getting a foot on this game now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Is it just me or are those palace fans a little nastier than is the norm..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Is it just me or are those palace fans a little nastier than is the norm..

What they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Palace have parked the bus. Only going to counter.

Why do referees tolerate a lecture from rooney every 10 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

29% Ball Possession 71%
    4 Goal Attempts 5
    1 Shots on Goal 0
    0 Shots off Goal 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Palace showing utd too much respect
    Spot on. Palace want to get stuck in and actually have a bit of self belief. That is not a great United side. If you have a go at them, they tend to buckle. It's been seen numerous times this season.

Fellaini should be on the score sheet there!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah fel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Jesus, Fellaini!!

"Right chance, wrong man" if only it fell to a professional footballer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Should have buried that

Nice to see one of our MFs running from deep with ball and creating a chance for himself, pity about the finish Fellaini but he looks a different prospect then what we have seen from him before the injury

Failini!

Shocking effort

• Advertisement

Why do referees tolerate a lecture from rooney every 10 minutes
    Nearly every game Rooney plays, he's giving the ref the verbals. Puzzled how he gets away with it really. Then again, maybe not. He is an England international after all, and the common belief among other fans in England is that said players do tend to be treated ''differently'' to other players. See the earlier post re. Gerrard and Terry, both serial moaners at refs. And both England internationals, present or ex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Stick Adnan out right & let Mata start out left but drift in then Evra can offer the width on the left because Smalling isn't good enough at attacking on the right.

Hard to believe the amount of ball United have had they're not winning. Too much of a sense of entitlement that if they stand in a place the ball will eventually come to them in space. Standing around at this level is only going to leave you marked out of a game. Some good stuff from Rooney, Fellaini and Mata but not all in the same move yet unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Come on higher tempo in the second half and we have this.

Terry and Gerard are serial ref abusers
    But rooneys rants go on for ever

blueser wrote: »
    Nearly every game Rooney plays, he's giving the ref the verbals. Puzzled how he gets away with it really. Then again, maybe not. He is an England international after all, and the common belief among other fans in England is that said players do tend to be treated ''differently'' to other players. See the earlier post re. Gerrard and Terry, both serial moaners at refs. And both England internationals, present or ex.

I thought that would be quite clear to everyone at this stage and shouldn't need clarification. I wonder if I said a similar thing in a Liverpool match thread about Gerrard, Suarez or whoever what the reaction would be? It's just inflammatory really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Aside from the glaring miss I thought Fellaini played really well, especially considering he's only just back after months out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

edit: dont know why im even bothering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fellaini has played well.

United aren't creating much at all though.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    I thought that would be quite clear to everyone at this stage and shouldn't need clarification. I wonder if I said a similar thing in a Liverpool match thread about Gerrard, Suarez or whoever what the reaction would be? It's just inflammatory really.
    I can't speak for Liverpool fans. All I said was that fans of other teams (or at least fans of sides that don't have any England players in them) feel that England internationals tend to get an easier ride than other players.

blueser wrote: »

Gets away with it? He is talking to the ref, he may look angry on camera but it could reasonable in person and as long as he is not swearing at the ref he is well within his right.

Also team captains are instructed to speak to the refs all the time and I'm sure other players are told to give the ref verbals, within the rules of the game, at every decision that goes against them. Its part of the game, trying to give yourself every advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Redknapp and Ince not feeling the Fellaini love at half time at all. Ince nearly fell out of his chair laughing at his effort apparently "summing up his Utd career so far". **** off Ince.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Utd at 1.75 on Betfair to win now. Palace at 9.6. What do you think?

Redknapp and Ince not feeling the Fellaini love at half time at all. Ince nearly fell out of his chair laughing at his effort apparently "summing up his Utd career so far". **** off Ince.

Wasn't it redkanpp who said that?

I think the gambling forum is that way >>>>>

• Advertisement

Well no matter what happens he'll be remembered more fondly than Ince's United career. Unbiased studio analysis as usual from Sky I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

United need to take the chance to counter attack when they get it. So far when they have won the ball back in their own half they have just kind of knocked it around allowing palace to get all their players behind the ball and regain their shape.

I realize this is something that has been missing for a while but this palace side are there for the taking if united up their intensity a bit and break when the chance is offered to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Wasn't it redkanpp who said that?
    Redknapp said it but Ince was sniggering away and shifting around in his seat when the camera came back to them (not entirely sure if this was because he almost fell out of his seat laughing but my artistic licence says I'm allowed say that).

I think Palace will get a jammy goal and United will spend the rest of the game with the ball and unable to break them down and eventually get a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

IMO Paul Ince is not sober. And I don't think he was drinking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement