Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW27 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Ace2007 wrote: »
    What goal has Suarez scored that FF didn't give him - I noticed before that FF have him scoring 22 goals, but he is leading goal scorer with 23.

I wonder if he will start getting greedy in coming match, Sturridge is only 5 behind him.

Seems he was given 1 by FF for the West Ham game on 7 Dec by credited with 2 elsewhere....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Back into the top 500k.

First time since GW13.

\o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

My 79 resulted in a 5K jump to just inside the top 10K.

Hoping Hull win tomorrow as I really don't want their game going ahead in GW 29.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Not looked back since WC in early Jan. 94 pts from captains in last 3 weeks. GW score of 90 pts results in my best gw rank this season of 26,771. On a proper roll now.........which will end at some point but at least its fun for a while.

nbv3.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

My worst gameweek this season. But it comes on foot of my best gameweek this season so I don't know what to think.

The 15 GW streak of green arrows comes to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

a poxy 45... having an awful run since i used my wildcard!

Think my season is over for this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Can't compete with that (daithijjj), but happy all the same since Jan.
    Was floating around 450k and now 143k. Have made some schoolboy errors in my first year, no Yaya or the welsh Pr*ck has cost me serious places.

Still, lesson learned, am hopeful the rises will continue. Have 11 for next week and 10 for GW 29, hoping to get away with just 2 FT's transfers over those 2 weeks to give me a strong 11 and make up more ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

roryc wrote: »
    60 for the week will probably see me drop a bit, already moved from 3,100 down to 3,800 after yesterday's games. Hopefully still around the same position when it updates. Luckily didn't join the Millionaires Club this week, snuck in at 974k :)
    1 point less and you would have made it :P.

59 sees me drop 339 positions down to ~1.1k. Should get the February monthly prize (after getting the January one :D) in my private league if I didn't mess up my calculations... which eases the disappointment of this GW (Azpi the worst Chelsea def to have, the Kos situation, Ollson on the bench, Suarez "failing" again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

63 points sees me drop 53 places to 14079. Surprised it wasn't more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Give what up? If Terry's goal stands and the PA rule it wasn't his goal it will be the most ridiculous FPL decision I have seen in my 5 or 6 years playing the game. I'm not massively bothered as none of my rivals have him but it's the principle. You can't award a player a goal based on his comments after a match, especially if it's John f**king Terry claiming something!

60 for the week will probably see me drop a bit, already moved from 3,100 down to 3,800 after yesterday's games. Hopefully still around the same position when it updates. Luckily didn't join the Millionaires Club this week, snuck in at 974k :)

Calm down tiger it was a tongue in cheek comment. I clearly have Terry and don't want the points removed. We've all been on the wrong end of some seriously dodgy calls in this game. I am just revelling in being on the right side of it for once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

daithijjj wrote: »
    Not looked back since WC in early Jan. 94 pts from captains in last 3 weeks. GW score of 90 pts results in my best gw rank this season of 26,771. On a proper roll now.........which will end at some point but at least its fun for a while.

nbv3.png
    That is super impressive. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Give it up guys that Terry goal is goin no-where!! 81 for the week, gained 30 points on both challengers in my private league. Steady at 7,500 overall. Next few weeks will be interesting!

I have John Terry and he's my highest scorer this week so I need the goal to stay, but it is a shocking decision to give it to him. The man didn't touch the ball. Cech has as much right to be credited with the goal as Terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Give what up? If Terry's goal stands and the PA rule it wasn't his goal it will be the most ridiculous FPL decision I have seen in my 5 or 6 years playing the game. I'm not massively bothered as none of my rivals have him but it's the principle. You can't award a player a goal based on his comments after a match, especially if it's John f**king Terry claiming something!

It's the Press Association who awarded Terry the goal. FPL just follow their decisions. So do all the papers hence all the online reports crediting Terry.

Stan Collymore tweeted yesterday "Press Association credit Terry with goal."

It's the dubious goals panel who decide later in the week if it wasn't Terry's goal.

I was at 267 yesterday evening but have fallen back to 294 after not captaining Sturridge. 73 for the week. 77 ahead in one league. 56 ahead in the other.

Other leagues are tied up. Those are the two competitive ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I got 64 for the week and slipped to 89th overall. Sturrdige and Olsson saved my week today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Its laughable how Terry can get a goal that he clearly didnt touch. I dont get it.

62 for the week.........nothing in midfield this week and Vlaar'spts were snatched at the death. Although very lucky with Koscielny so swings and roundabouts as they say.

38k in the world, not far off the top in my private league and feel in decent shape for the end of the season. Eriksen out is a must soon enough and then it's about managing these blank/DGW's coming up..........need to get either Yaya or Aguero in once City's fixtures clear up. Maybe both if possible but I doubt I have the team value necessary without downgrading somewhere/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

My 58 shows green arrows everywhere bar the overall rankings where I fall 2k to 168k. I think I'm looking forward to taking some wild risks as this season really isn't going to amount to much the way things are going.

The shackles are off folks. It's 50k or 500k for me now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Despite having Bruce I think I nearly would prefer the Hull game being off in GW29, will he won't he play, while rivals have Chester. I reckon I'll be able to field 10, sorted looking at players to bring in while also having an eye on Aguero to fit him into the team, think it might be possible with only 4 point deduction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

59 for the week, red arrows in the global leagues, but surprisingly a green arrow in the boards.ie league

Would have been a very bad week, if I banked my transfer! i.e. Kept Benteke. Would have been a very good week if I captained Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

daithijjj wrote: »

nbv3.png

The Undertaker would be proud of that streak.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

73 points bumps me up to 39k

Not happy about the Terry goal at all!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

72, the gamble of captaining Sturridge paid off. Brought in Monreal for Williamson which didnt work out and the main rivals in my leagues had Koscielny which cost me a bit. Happy enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

55. ****. Down to 21k.

#devo

Seriously though, this stings a little bit. Not having Sturridge KILLED me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

60 for the week see's me drop 1k to 24k. First red arrows since before xmas. Have finally admitted defeat with yaya and will be getting him in for gw 30.

55. ****. Down to 21k.

#devo

Seriously though, this stings a little bit. Not having Sturridge KILLED me.

I would feel sorry for you but the use of "#devo" kills that.

A hash tag is bad enough, an abbreviation kills it...

#Soz

*Pukes*

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

PARlance wrote: »
    I would feel sorry for you but the use of "#devo" kills that.

A hash tag is bad enough, an abbreviation kills it...

#Soz

*Pukes*

;)

The #devo was a joke, as denoted by the following 'Seriously, though...' ;)

#evenmoredevonow

The #devo was a joke, as denoted by the following 'Seriously, though...' ;)

#evenmoredevonow

#mort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

75 sees me move up 36k places to 99k.
    Nice to be back in the top 100k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

55 points. Very lucky with Koscielny points - could have been a terrible week.
    McGregor laughing at me from the bench with his points, so is Marshall with his 0:mad:
    Down 12k places, will take that. Could be much worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

67 points sees me move up to 180k in the world, woo! :D

A gain of 30k places :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

fvFW3TM.png
    Just back from a weekend away there. Had taken the captaincy off sturridge saturday morning but didn't see the points total til an hour ago. Managed to somehow get 74 though! I've never had such a good roll! Hopefully the bounce back to red-arrow riddled reality isn't too harsh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

69 brings me into the top 50K. Kos on the bench hurts just a much as my insides after the Bahrain bender though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭G1032

65. Basically the same as all other 'rivals' in PL
    I use the term rivals very loosely. Still 100+ points off the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

The_Mask wrote: »
    I had Sturridge as captain for this game week but I'd be kicking myself if I missed out on the Suarez steam roller. Sturridge to Suarez it is.

Damn you people. Waves fist :-P
    71 points instead of 87. Should have stuck with my gut feeling of Sturridge as captain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

bollocks anyways

The_Mask wrote: »
    Damn you people. Waves fist :-P
    71 points instead of 87. Should have stuck with my gut feeling of Sturridge as captain

Sounds like captained Suarez over Sturridge, in which case it's 71 points instead of 82, not 87.

bollocks anyways

Yep. Sums my season up pretty well!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Regarding Terry goal, I asked FPL whether it would stand or not...

Hi,

OPTA, who provide us with our stats, have decided that John Terry did get a slight touch on the ball in this instance, and so technically speaking he did score the goal. Unfortunately we can't go back and change this at this stage, and so it will remain as John Terry's goal on the Fantasy game. We appreciate that the 'goal' may be reviewed by the dubious goals panel, but we are never able to change any stats on the game after an hour has passed following the final whistle in any game. We're sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
    Regards,
    Fantasy Premier League Support

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Regarding Terry goal, I asked FPL whether it would stand or not...

Hi,

OPTA, who provide us with our stats, have decided that John Terry did get a slight touch on the ball in this instance, and so technically speaking he did score the goal. Unfortunately we can't go back and change this at this stage, and so it will remain as John Terry's goal on the Fantasy game. We appreciate that the 'goal' may be reviewed by the dubious goals panel, but we are never able to change any stats on the game after an hour has passed following the final whistle in any game. We're sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
    Regards,
    Fantasy Premier League Support

How can they just decide that he touched the ball when it's obvious to all and sundry that he didn't? Sure they can just decide so that Suarez scored Liverpool's 4th goal yesterday. He was in the box after all when it was scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

G1032 wrote: »
    How can they just decide that he touched the ball when it's obvious to all and sundry that he didn't? Sure they can just decide so that Suarez scored Liverpool's 4th goal yesterday. He was in the box after all when it was scored.

Could be just a mistake, I don't think opta set out to get decisions wrong like you suggest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

8-10 wrote: »
    Could be just a mistake, I don't think opta set out to get decisions wrong like you suggest

Unless the main man in opta had terry in his team:pac:

8-10 wrote: »

I know it's a mistake but it's a pretty major one in FPL terms. It's just so bizarre. I can't get my head around how he is credited with that goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I know it's a mistake but it's a pretty major one in FPL terms. It's just so bizarre. I can't get my head around how he is credited with that goal

Just another reason to dislike John Terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Unless the main man in opta had terry in his team:pac:

Ha ha, I'm similarly suspicious and checked their league.

No one in top 5 had him anyway :D

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/74189/standings/?ls-page=1

Edit: They're not great at this game actually, if I was in their league I'd be leading and I'm not great either:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

The Terry goal is a shocking decision but it's Opta's mistake, not FPL's. Little they can do there. One day I'll be on the right side of one of these!

I made it quite clear to them that I will not be paying money to play UFPL if this is the type of judgement calls they are going to make.

OPTA are brilliant for 99% of the stuff as it relates to FPL, but there will always be times when an incident needs to be reviewed for relevance to FPL.

It was a shocking decision to give Terry that goal. Absolutely shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

My 58 shows green arrows everywhere bar the overall rankings where I fall 2k to 168k. I think I'm looking forward to taking some wild risks as this season really isn't going to amount to much the way things are going.

The shackles are off folks. It's 50k or 500k for me now!

I think I'll have to use the same approach as I'm mired in 246k position. No point playing it safe now really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am on a roll !

Up to 38k now from 220k at the end of january.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

On behalf of all the Terry owners, I would like to thank opta.

Even if he didn't touch the ball, it was the sheer determination of John jumping towards Howard with his ferocious expression that caused the goal

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lemlin wrote: »
    On behalf of all the Terry owners, I would like to thank opta.

Even if he didn't touch the ball, it was the sheer determination of John jumping towards Howard with his ferocious expression that caused the goal

;)

In fairness Terry closing in did put Howard into pressure to direct the ball into his net but at the same time it was undecisive so Terry's lies about definitely making contact with the ball swung the opinion his way. The dubious goals commitee will probably take it off him but it is too late now.

He is such a glory seeker, like when he togged into his gear after the CL final whistle, parading around as if he had won the game singlehandedly.

Terry really is detestable! :mad:

terrymeme.jpg

tumblr_mqkaibQwlC1raq8d4o1_500.jpg

A solid week with 71 sees me push up to inside the top 150,000 since things all went pearshaped in GW15. Some good gains since GW23. Sturridge captain worked thankfully! Really happy with that after bottling the captaincy last week.

Gameweek 23 247,438

Gameweek 24 219,341

Gameweek 25 180,666

Gameweek 26 179,220

Gameweek 27 143,610

I've currently 9 for GW29 (7 if the West Ham/Hull match gets called off) and am happy enough with that. Will probably sell Sagna this week as I fancy Stoke to score against them and they have horrible fixtures after GW29.

I'm also considering getting rid of Colback as, even if he has double gameweeks, I'm not sure if he'll score anything more than 4-5.

• Advertisement
Advertisement