Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

night out suggestions for dublin

Options
  • 22-02-2014 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all.. I am looking for some help. I am trying to plan a night out in dublin for 30th drinks on the 15th march. I have been suggested house on lesson st. I was thinking vintage cocktail club for am hour first. I would really like something fun. There will be 15 _20 ppl. Any suggestions???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

archie84 wrote: »
    Hi all.. I am looking for some help. I am trying to plan a night out in dublin for 30th drinks on the 15th march. I have been suggested house on lesson st. I was thinking vintage cocktail club for am hour first. I would really like something fun. There will be 15 _20 ppl. Any suggestions???

The liqueur rooms underneath the Clarence is nicer bet than the VCC, owned by the same people and it's really cool spot. You can reserve an area as well. For food you have Cleaver East for tapas style in the Clarence or Bison for filling the stomach before the carnage !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

House is a lovely spot. Was there for a staff do last month and it was great. Lovely cocktails. Very small club, but very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 archie84

Think I might go on a pre 30th adventure next weekend to sus out these places :) any excuse :) if you guys think of ne where else to check out let me know.. really appreciate it x

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What sort of music does mr/mrs 30th listen to?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 archie84

Im a miss :) I like all music tbh. There is nothing I hate ok bar heavy rock black clothes kinda music ha ha.
    I see smash hits r playing the sunday night in dublin. That could have been great fun. Pure cheesey go in dance ur socks off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Im a miss :) I like all music tbh. There is nothing I hate ok bar heavy rock black clothes kinda music ha ha.
    Aye, well there goes super cheap drink at O'Reillys "Club Hell".
    I see smash hits r playing the sunday night in dublin. That could have been great fun. Pure cheesey go in dance ur socks off :)
    Messrs Maguires J.W. Sweetman can be good at times, but can be sort of hit and miss. But they can play your tunes.

Also check out the Mercantile & Stags Head. The back of the Mercantile leads into the Stags Head. The Mercantile usually has some live music upstairs, and a DJ on the ground floor, and the Stags head has acoustic sessions in the basement.

When going from the Mercantile to the Stags head, look left and right. There's a few decent pubs there, and I find the crowd to be chilled usually (as opposed to the Temple bar madness). In saying that, it'll be Saint Paddys weekend, so gawd knows. Pop into the Stags head and the Mercantile during the day, and ask what they have planned, and they may be able to tell you.

Have been at acoustic sessions in the basement of the Stags head (there's a bar counter down there, so handier to get drinks), and although packed, it's good craic. Have seen a few small bands play in the Merc, and the crowd can be hit and miss.

Advertisement