Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate Metal Studio Sound

• 22-02-2014 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭

Imagine that there was only one studio for metal to be recorded in.

The same set up for all bands to record in. The same engineer, producer, mics, levels, amps, guitars etc., etc.

What is your ultimate recording that you would enforce all other bands to emulate?

This would be mine, if more songs sounded as heavy and raw as this, then the world would be a better place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

If you were to force all bands to emulate the same studio sound, metal would have no variety and would become as boring as hell.

But if you were to put a gun to my temple and force me to pick something, I would pick the sound off the first Bathory album. Something about badly recorded 80's extreme metal just sounds right to me, particularly with this album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Can't embed a video on mobile, but if i were to choose, it's either be Pantera Vulgary Display of Power or Sylosis Conclusion of and age. Two different sounds but my favourite ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

For me it would have to be 'Slaughter of the Soul' era At The Gates. Did you know that the lads from In Flames heard the album before it was released and loved the production so much that they asked At The Gates could they use their gear and the studio it was recorded in to record 'The Jester Race'? They were told no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

dib wrote: »
    For me it would have to be 'Slaughter of the Soul' era At The Gates. Did you know that the lads from In Flames heard the album before it was released and loved the production so much that they asked At The Gates could they use their gear and the studio it was recorded in to record 'The Jester Race'? They were told no!
    That album cane to my mind too! I remember reading of amps stuffed with pillows etc to get the sound. I really love that album. Also Jester Race turned out Fantastic anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Advertisement