Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanently banned from Dublin City

Options
  • 22-02-2014 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Not the actual place thankfully!

Anyway, this happened about two years ago, the mod was/is called 'blank/des', but the account is closed now.

I think it was a topic about the north inner city, perhaps about safety. I can't recall. I stated that I would 'avoid that street at all costs'. Perhaps a hyperbolic way of me saying that I feel uneasy there. Anyway, said mod banned me permanently, no warnings, just the ban. I tried to reason with him via pm, but he waved me away. Anyway, I never followed it up.

So, what can I do? Perhaps my hyperbole was worthy of an infraction. But not a permanent ban. Do you agree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there. I'll take a look at this for you over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've reviewed the thread in question & also the latest posts that you made in that forum to determine if the permaban was deserved. Your contribution to the forum hasn't been first class. Far from it. Your posting style was inflammatory & trollish & was not constructive.

Your recent performance in other forums has shown that your posting style is still an issue across the site.

To be honest, the permaban may have been a bit harsh, but I see no reason why it should be lifted.

Convince me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

I've reviewed the thread in question & also the latest posts that you made in that forum to determine if the permaban was deserved. Your contribution to the forum hasn't been first class. Far from it. Your posting style was inflammatory & trollish & was not constructive.

Your recent performance in other forums has shown that your posting style is still an issue across the site.

To be honest, the permaban may have been a bit harsh, but I see no reason why it should be lifted.

Convince me...

Its grand. The reason I never pursued it is because, in the mind of a mod, a permanent ban, with no progression of warnings or whatever leading to it, is justifiable for any old reason. Just like this example. Keeping it in place would likely follow a similar logic, and thus two years passed. I just wanted to see whether I was correct in my assumptions.

Leave it as it is, and thank you for taking the time to look at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement