Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightweight Java/REST SQL Framework

Options
  • 22-02-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭

I am an long time graduated IT degree who dabbles in some projects for fun (and hopefully to land on a goldmine - dont we all!).

I have a strong SQL background and novice to intermediate knowledge across a wide range of technologies and languages.

My current project will involve multiple clients (web, IOS, Android etc) polling data and this could be quite intensive at particular times depending on the success of the app. The clients will also update the database. There will also be use of IOS/Android notifications within the architecture.

I have decided to perform most of business logic in the database through stored procedures, triggers and views.

I am now researching what is the best way to implement my application layer. What I want is a really lightweight efficient Java REST model. Most examples I have seen involve alot of class layers and moving data into POJOs before returning via the REST services.

As I wont be doing any business logic in the Java code all I would like is a really simple SQL to JSON framework to use with my Java REST services. There will be CRUD calls to the db via the REST model.

I am using Tomcat as my application server runtime.

One other question, is there a good guide on best practice on handle db connections (pooling etc) for this type of application.

All guidance appreciated.

thanks in advance
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

slegs wrote: »
    Most examples I have seen involve alot of class layers and moving data into POJOs before returning via the REST services.

Thats the case because its the best way to do it, it won't impact performance. Have a look at spring and hibernate.

Advertisement