Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone bought one of these exhaust add ons?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

kelbal wrote: »
    The extension on my exhaust that brings it out the side has corroded away. Donaghy's are selling this part.....

http://www.partsformotorhomes.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=13740&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

Contrary to what the picture implies, it doesn't have a screw to secure, its a push-tight arrangement. Have any of you bought this before, does it stay on securely?

thanks

Are you sure there is no screw? If you bought one it would be wise to secure it with a screw anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

*Kol* wrote: »
    Are you sure there is no screw? If you bought one it would be wise to secure it with a screw anyway.

Thats what they told me.
    Seemingly there's some rubber seal arrangement that makes it a push tight fit. Possibly not a good idea to compromise that by boring a hole for a screw.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munsterabu

Hi kelbel,
    I got one of those last year from same place delivery A1 and is still on tail end, the sleeve (ID of the extension) is a close fit, mine had some lugs punched on either side so that after it was installed you could secure the extension by punching these lugs in..mine did'nt have a rubber seal.
    ps .clean up tail end before fitting on ..
    hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Hi
    I bought one of these and am happy it will not fall off,however it needed a lot of effort to put it on and if your exhaust pipe is not in good order I would be concerned that it would be damaged by the pushing and banging.
    Yours Zambo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Don't like the look of that you'll get a stainless bend that will outlive the vehicle on ebay for about the same price. Think this is the one someone posted here before I bought one too, of course the stainless discolours slightly with the heat but I like the look of it. You can specify bolt on or weldon when ordering might be cheaper to get it delivered to parcel motel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement