Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Customer Relations

Options
  • 22-02-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know about how long it takes to get any sort of reply from the Aer Lingus Customer Relations Dept, after writing to them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Post or email? And what kind of stuff are you looking for a response on?

Generally takes 5-6 days by email from experience but that was to relatively minor requests; I wouldn't be surprised if it took a lot longer for a refund/EU261 claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

MYOB wrote: »
    Post or email? And what kind of stuff are you looking for a response on?

Generally takes 5-6 days by email from experience but that was to relatively minor requests; I wouldn't be surprised if it took a lot longer for a refund/EU261 claim.

Had an error when booking online, they couldn't deal with it over the phone. Couldn't email about my problem either. Had to write to them by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

I'm surprised you had to post stuff, but if they couldn't do it over the phone that makes sense, I guess.

They have a customer contact form you can use. http://www.aerlingus.com/help/help/forms/customerrelationsform/

Also I've found that tweeting them @AerLingus can make them respond promptly to things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

pajor wrote: »
    Does anybody know about how long it takes to get any sort of reply from the Aer Lingus Customer Relations Dept, after writing to them?

If it's anything like the complaint I made in 2007? Nothing! I sent in a complaint via Registered Post. I know it was received, but nothing was done with it. Typical airlines...

DM addict wrote: »
    I'm surprised you had to post stuff, but if they couldn't do it over the phone that makes sense, I guess.

They have a customer contact form you can use. http://www.aerlingus.com/help/help/forms/customerrelationsform/

Also I've found that tweeting them @AerLingus can make them respond promptly to things.

I did see that form but was a bit weary of it saying 'If you already have a case open with Aer Lingus Customer Relations please be sure to enter this on the form' which I didn't.

Still haven't got any reply, so will wait a couple of more days and then ask on twitter.

• Advertisement

Received a letter today from Aer Lingus confirming and acknowledging my letter.

Got to wait now for a proper response.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Aer Lingus

Anybody on here work for them or who might be able to help me.

The missus organised flights for herself and her mates for one of their hens. They are due to fly to Spain somewhere next weekend. Anyway, last night at 00.12AM the 26th she got an email to say that Aer Lingus needed the names of the girls booked in on the group booking by 23.59PM on the 25th or the flights will be cancelled.

She then got an email at 00.15 on the 26th to say the flights where cancelled as they never received the names. They are also saying that the money they paid is non refundable, which amounts to about 2700 euro. She only seen the email tonight, no phone call or nothing from Aer Lingus.

Any help or advice on this would be appreciated, she is up the wall at the moment, and we can't contact Aer Lingus till the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    Aer Lingus

Anybody on here work for them or who might be able to help me.

The missus organised flights for herself and her mates for one of their hens. They are due to fly to Spain somewhere next weekend. Anyway, last night at 00.12AM the 26th she got an email to say that Aer Lingus needed the names of the girls booked in on the group booking by 23.59PM on the 25th or the flights will be cancelled.

She then got an email at 00.15 on the 26th to say the flights where cancelled as they never received the names. They are also saying that the money they paid is non refundable, which amounts to about 2700 euro. She only seen the email tonight, no phone call or nothing from Aer Lingus.

Any help or advice on this would be appreciated, she is up the wall at the moment, and we can't contact Aer Lingus till the morning.

I'm going to assume what they needed was the Advance Passanger Information that is required when travelling to Spain. Don't know why it is, but it is.

This is mentioned from the very start of booking, can be seen on the website and I'm fairly sure in confirmation emails regarding the flights too.

Don't know what you can do about the money, that would be covered in the T&C's I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The need for the Spanish API would have been made clear in the booking and multiple emails before that last one also. Spanish law, not Aer Lingus making something up.

UK has the same for flights arriving from outside the CTA, as a result we never see it from Ireland.

Advertisement