Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Barelie

I would go into every review site you can find regarding eglobal. I live in England and am having big problems with this company. They are in my opinion and many more people who have purchased from them, a company to keep well away from. You will see many good reviews but I think a lot of these are fake. In trust Pilot you will see many review have been deleted and under investigation. Its up to you but my advice is stay well away. You may be lucky but there again you may not. Do you really want to take that chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

2 very successful deliveries from eglobal, 100% satisfaction, id have no problem recommending them, this is not a fake review

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Barelie has an axe to grind, ignore him. I placed an order last Thursday evening and received a shiny new camera this morning. There was a tracking number emailed to me so I knew where the package was at all times. Didn't get stung for any charges, would use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

longshanks wrote: »
    Barelie has an axe to grind, ignore him...

Yeah he does, I wouldn't say ignore him though, by all means listen to his experience, but also listen to the many positive ones too

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Yeah he does, I wouldn't say ignore him though, by all means listen to his experience, but also listen to the many positive ones too
    Actually I think barelie is female, uses the following names barannie and anniebell complaining about the same issue on other websites. I know that doesn't make any difference to her problem.
    I've used eglobal several times for smaller, €400/500 purchases but I'd be wary of anything more expensive in the unlikely case of warranty/support issues.
    I've been thinking of buying a nikon D7100 from them and the prices are crazy, at one stage being less than €600 but then a certain Dublin camera shop had an offer at €939 with a free Nikon camera grip so I went for that.
    Hope barelie/anniebell/barannie gets her issues sorted out as I can understand where she is coming from. Her issues are complex so I hope her bank sorts her out. After all, we know in our hearts that marking items worth thousands at only €11 IS fraud and that eglobal will take the hit ocacasionaly if caught but we all like to buck the system :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Barelie

Thank you all for your response. No I have no axe to grind!! I am not a malicious person at all. I put out many good reviews with Trust Pilot. I am a 74 year old female who has been cheated by this company. If you read review # 401 you will hopefully understand my reasons for putting out these reviews. I am only hoping to warn you all of the consequences you may have by dealing with eglobal. Regarding fraudulent reviews I was referring to those on Trust Pilot. Many good reviews some negative like mine but you will also see reviews that have been " Deleted and under investigation for lack of proof of purchase" I believe these to be the negative reviews that they will not publish. The Guardian newspaper did some research on some of these review sites and it has been proved that companys actually pay people to submit good reviews. I am NOT saying this is the case with BOARDS.IE I am certain that all reviews posted on this website are authentic. Yes some of you are very fortunate that the device you ordered was not faulty. I am pleased that you all are not experiencing the issues I am having. I have said this before ,sorry if I repeat myself. I ordered the Tablet late at night mistaking this website for one with a similar name to one I had used before. I then went back into website and was horrified at some of the reviews that came up on independent websites. This made me check terms/conditions and warranty of eglobal. Seeing my mistake I went straight into canceling transaction by submitting a ticked this was blocked then live chat also blocked thus preventing me from canceling transaction before processing. This all happened within 15 mins. At 6am next morning I had a message from eglobal saying Tablet had been processed and shipped. There refund policy clearly states that a transaction can be canceled by submitting the above. I was prevented from doing this. This is Fraud and restricting my consumer rights which i would say apply's to any country.
    I really do wish you all luck with your purchases. And please do look at the positive reviews but also read reviews such as mine. Many of them I am afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Looks like they only had one D7100 Body with the free grip at that price and you got it Dusty, the body is now priced at €1,079.00 !!!!!! which is why the Eglobal thread is so popular

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

bogman wrote: »
    Looks like they only had one D7100 Body with the free grip at that price and you got it Dusty, the body is now priced at €1,079.00 !!!!!! which is why the Eglobal thread is so popular

Absolutely, but for what it's worth Dixons in the airport have the kit D7100 + 18-105mm lens for €1073 and they reckon they can get the body only D7100 for €875, both qualifying for the free grip.
    As I said, I've used them before and saved a lot. My last lens got pulled by German customs for a couple of days for some reason and that rattled me a bit so for a big ticket item, say a full frame camera I would definitely do some local research. Even if you do get caught for the VAT they still save you money but if something goes wrong mechanically you're stuck with a lump of metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

bogman wrote: »

Body still showing as €599 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭EnmxLP

Unrelated to the camera side of things, a friend of mine bought a LG G3 from the site, shipped from Manchester in the UK with UPS shipping, came perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

Wouldn't suprise me if a lot of the bad reviews are from disgruntled retailers worried about losing business. I'm not saying eglobal are perfect im sure they have issues but i know i'd happily take the risk again for the prices they offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

Somebody asked what if something goes wrong (warranty). My friend had issues with nikon 5200. Pop up flash stoped working. It is a known problem with these cameras (google). So she had to send to uk address provided and got it fixed no problem. I bought from them a lot. The most expensive item was canon 5d3. Never had any issues with delivery :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Left UK today, God this is bleedin' heart stopping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

Anyone successfully rma anything with these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I'm looking on the website and they have a 5D 3 for a very nice price. Has anyone bought something this expensive. Very tempting.

I 'm just afraid of something going wrong

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

swingking wrote: »
    I'm looking on the website and they have a 5D 3 for a very nice price. Has anyone bought something this expensive. Very tempting.

Thanks

Hi Swingking, If you look back over the last few pages, I ordered a Nikon D750 for ~£1300. Placed the order on a Saturday and it was with me by the Friday. I was nervous as hell spending that kind of money on this site but my story is one with a positive end!
    Obviously there is a risk which is why I suggest you buy with a credit card; there is also the customs risk. So I'd be prepared to pay the duty and VAT if your parcel does get stopped. But as you can see from this thread, most items do arrive without any extra fee.

All in all, as I said, my story is a happy one and I'd order from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

swingking wrote: »

Thanks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91860728#post91860728

Pm me if you want or have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

I received my new tamron 70-200 2.8 VC in the post today - I ordered it on sunday 30th November. Got a bit delayed by verification and it arrived today. Woohoo

D750 arrived yesterday wooo hooooo heart attack averted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

eoglyn wrote: »
    I received my new tamron 70-200 2.8 VC in the post today - I ordered it on sunday 30th November. Got a bit delayed by verification and it arrived today. Woohoo

That lens is on my shopping list. Will be a long time before I have the funds though.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

adox wrote: »
    That lens is on my shopping list. Will be a long time before I have the funds though.:o

I needed to sell a bike i had lying around gathering dust to afford it.

After an evening messing about with it on the couch and seeing that because of the VC it can take sharp images of christmas decorations at 200mm and 1/20th of a second it i think it might just be worth it.

I did note strong vignetting at 2.8 at 200mm - that's well flagged in the reviews - not always a bad thing and where it is bad at least its somewhat correctable in post. I believe this is the biggest disadvantage versus the canon ii. Apparently all issues disappear when stopped down a bit - i can't confirm yet. Also i've never laid my hands on the canon so can't really compare. all i know is that before i get it into the field, it looks like it will be the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

I ordered a phone from eglobal last Wednesday and it is yet to be dispatched. Since Wednesday I have made orders with Amazon which are already on the way. Should I be worried that my eglobal order is still "processing"?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

SeaDaily wrote: »
    I ordered a phone from eglobal last Wednesday and it is yet to be dispatched. Since Wednesday I have made orders with Amazon which are already on the way. Should I be worried that my eglobal order is still "processing"?

I wouldn't worry about it when i ordered my phone it took longer than a week to process so chances are you will have it this week... What phone did you buy?

GerPower wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it when i ordered my phone it took longer than a week to process so chances are you will have it this week... What phone did you buy?

Thanks, I'm just a bit impatient! Went for the LG g3. Can't wait for it to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tito4

Any update on your order Seadaily?? I ordered a G3 on Sunday and as of today it was set to courier by bulk shipment. Told to expect tracking with 48hrs

tito4 wrote: »
    Any update on your order Seadaily?? I ordered a G3 on Sunday and as of today it was set to courier by bulk shipment. Told to expect tracking with 48hrs

It says on their website that it is now being processed and packaged. All in all it seems to be taking quite a while considering I ordered it on the 10th and it still hasn't been shipped yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tito4

It says on their website that it is now being processed and packaged. All in all it seems to be taking quite a while considering I ordered it on the 10th and it still hasn't been shipped yet.

Might be no harm dropping them an email to get an update, considering I ordered after you and mine has been picked up for delivery!! I've still no tracking number though! Edgy times! Was hoping to have for Xmas as and I ppaid for priority post!

tito4 wrote: »
    Might be no harm dropping them an email to get an update, considering I ordered after you and mine has been picked up for delivery!! I've still no tracking number though! Edgy times! Was hoping to have for Xmas as and I ppaid for priority post!

Yeah still no progress on my end. I'll drop them an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Yeah still no progress on my end. I'll drop them an email.

They have a live chat on the front page. You would get a quicker response there I'd imagine

• Advertisement

you wont get a tracker until it hits england, stop panicking :)

Advertisement