Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 llandai

I ordered very late on the 1st of the month and got a confirmation email. Then no real updates until the morning of delivery. DPD gave me a text a few hours before.

Cheers, was just onto them via the Chat. Even though everything I ordered was in stock on the website they are now telling me the Nikon 50mm lens I ordered has run out of stock (it's now saying limited stock on the website) and it won't be back in stock for 2 or 3 days so order will be shipped then so not an entirely happy customer at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 llandai

llandai wrote: »
    Cheers, was just onto them via the Chat. Even though everything I ordered was in stock on the website they are now telling me the Nikon 50mm lens I ordered has run out of stock (it's now saying limited stock on the website) and it won't be back in stock for 2 or 3 days so order will be shipped then so not an entirely happy customer at the moment!

Camera arrived today, again seems to have been shipped from the UK, small delay waiting for the 50 mm lens to come back into stock but overall pretty quick and easy process so I'm a happy customer..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BLUEOAK

Another successful purchase thankfully - all arrived in pretty quick time - really very well wrapped - just did some quick test shots in car park and everything appears to be perfect. Will give it a proper test at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

redser7 wrote: »
    I had great communication via email. When order was picked, packaged, shipped, when it reached the local courier and then a text message the day of delivery with the rough time. Very impressed. Also got a tracking code so i could see all the stops it made en route.

Considering biting the bullet on the 700D in the next few weeks, glad to hear you had a good experience.

One question, though: what language was the camera set to when it arrived? Can live without a manual, but if it comes without one and it's set to Chinese, I might have a few problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Considering biting the bullet on the 700D in the next few weeks, glad to hear you had a good experience.

One question, though: what language was the camera set to when it arrived? Can live without a manual, but if it comes without one and it's set to Chinese, I might have a few problems.

Manual are all free to download, I always save mine to iPhone and iPad etc.

You can very easily change language on the camera

• Advertisement

Manual are all free to download, I always save mine to iPhone and iPad etc.

You can very easily change language on the camera

Yeah, I'm reading the whole thread from the beginning now and someone said they had found a video of how to change the language, so that's a relief, at least.

The manual wasn't really my concern, it was the language issue on the camera itself. Thanks, though; it's good to have the reassurance.

Also wondering how many people who ordered cameras and paid via PayPal had to provide ID?

Planning to pay by PP rather than card because frankly the idea of sending photocopies of my ID to a company I know very little about makes me incredibly uneasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

Also wondering how many people who ordered cameras and paid via PayPal had to provide ID?

Planning to pay by PP rather than card because frankly the idea of sending photocopies of my ID to a company I know very little about makes me incredibly uneasy.

Hi, I provided them with my ID. But I covered all details except my name, my surname and my picture. And then I scanned my bank bill but covered everything from the middle to right hand side (where all amounts are) as well as account number etc and left just my name and address as well as headed paper details :) It did work no problem so you could do the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

I paid with paypal and they asked for it. Its normal enough with a lot of hong hong retailers. I order stuff from about 5 different HK shops (Hobby stuff) and they all asked for it. Do as previous poster said and just obscure all the important data, including your credit card number apart from the last 4 digits, its what I did and its enough for them to confirm your id.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Actually they provided the user manual in several languages on a CD :) but it's still easy to find one online. The interface language was already set to English for me anyway.
    I paid via PP and didn't have to provide any ID. It really couldn't have been easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Prices have creeped up a bit lately, which I presuming is currency related.

A lens I have my eye on is €80 more expensive than a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

If I buy a Nikon Lens & camera from eglobalcentral and want to get the camera or lens serviced down the road will I have any issues does anyone know?

A follow-up question: what shipping methods did people opt for? Regular, Insured, Priority...?

Regular for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

m8 wrote: »
    If I buy a Nikon Lens & camera from eglobalcentral and want to get the camera or lens serviced down the road will I have any issues does anyone know?

None whatsoever.

Nikon is Nikon is Nikon and money is money. The Nikon service centre in Meath deal with both !!

People are always asking about stuff like that but in reality it's never a problem to get gear fixed/serviced. It's rarely the issue arises in any case. Personally I've only ever had to get one lens fixed and that was about 2 years ago and a lens that is probably 10-15 years old. It's actually extremely, extremely rare for new gear to cause trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Irishvillian

Hi has anyone bought the Samsung Galaxy tab s 10.5 off this site any info would be great,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

Would really appreciate a reply to this please:

I am looking to get a Canon 700D for a weekend away to London on 14/02/15, planned to picking it up Duty Free at the airport for €550, but now after spotting it on this website at a much cheaper price I must say I am tempted. If I was to order in the next day or too, what are the chances I would get it before the 14 of February? How long does delivery generally take? Also what is the likelihood of being stung for Import Duty?

You should get it well before then. It is 24 days away and delivery typically seems to be around a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

redser7 wrote: »
    You should get it well before then. It is 24 days away and delivery typically seems to be around a week.

Thanks for the reply. Whats your take on the Import Duty? Is there a 50/50 chance of getting caught do you reckon?

Need to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger on this in the next day or so but I'm so unsure...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

noticed that the proce of a Nikon d610 is gone up by €150 and the lens I was looking at is gone up by €50 so €200 in a short time.

Maybe it's because a lot from here are buying so the price goes up?

Other Shops have not gone up recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

noticed that the proce of a Nikon d610 is gone up by €150 and the lens I was looking at is gone up by €50 so €200 in a short time.

Probably taxes & duties that they now have to pay on the products they are selling into Europe. Luckily for me I got me camera and then me lenses before X Mas. Could see this good thing would not last.

It might just be that now they have an established customer base who trust them, they can put their prices up and still get business?

If the price difference had not been extreme, a lot of first-time customers would have gone to tried-and-trusted, more established retailers instead of trying these guys. Once their reputation is established, though, they can afford to charge a bit more and still get custom.

Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Thanks for the reply. Whats your take on the Import Duty? Is there a 50/50 chance of getting caught do you reckon?

Need to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger on this in the next day or so but I'm so unsure...:o
    I have no way to know but I've ordered from them twice and received both items within 4 days, no extra charges or problems :)

Also glad to see so many success stories, never thought this thread would still be going nearly a year after I made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Irishvillian

Hi has anyone bought the Samsung Galaxy tab s 10.5 off this site any info would be great,cheers.

Bump

I mentioned similar a few days ago on here.

I would guess its currency related.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Bump

Whats the actual question? Just substitute any of the things people have bought with 'galaxy tab' and the experience should be similar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Its the euro going down that is the cause of prices increasing on eglobal. Expect more price increases in the weeks ahead as the euro is expected to go down even more with some commentators predicting parity with the dollar by the end of the year. Bad news for us.

The lens Ive been looking at the last few weeks has increased from €839 to €999 :eek:

At this rate the likes of amazon.de look a lot more tempting. Still more expensive but much less of a difference, no customs worry and easy return/great customer service should a problem arise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

I wonder have the prices on the UK site changed much?

Advertisement