Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I was looking at an 85mm 1.8 prime and it would be cheaper on amazon.de too.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

eoin_mcg wrote: »
    I wonder have the prices on the UK site changed much?

Haven't noticed any price change over the last few weeks in the UK.

adox wrote: »
    The lens Ive been looking at the last few weeks has increased from €839 to €999 :eek:

At this rate the likes of amazon.de look a lot more tempting. Still more expensive but much less of a difference, no customs worry and easy return/great customer service should a problem arise.

Yes I'm beginning to think the same as even tho you will get your order there is a lot of hassle if you need to return in say 12 months time. The only wannebty you gave is from eglobalcentral HK.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 llandai

Would really appreciate a reply to this please:

I am looking to get a Canon 700D for a weekend away to London on 14/02/15, planned to picking it up Duty Free at the airport for €550, but now after spotting it on this website at a much cheaper price I must say I am tempted. If I was to order in the next day or too, what are the chances I would get it before the 14 of February? How long does delivery generally take? Also what is the likelihood of being stung for Import Duty?

I'm also heading to London that day for the weekend! You should get your camera in plenty of time if it's in stock, I got mine very quickly even with the separate lens I ordered being out of stock! My camera came from the uk, hence delivery being so quick and therefore no customs issues!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

Ah here, the dream most definitely is over, these were two items i was nosing about, not seriously but these are two that i knew the price of:

Canon 5d mkiii body: was €1896 now €2214.99

Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM - Canon Mount: was:€670 now €829

Back to the tried and tested 2nd hand market for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Camera I got just after Christmas has increased in price from 595€ to around 719.99€, substantial increase

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

never even thought to check the tamron 70-200 i purchased before christmas: was 857.99 now 999.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

eoglyn wrote: »
    never even thought to check the tamron 70-200 i purchased before christmas: was 857.99 now 999.99
    Just my luck! I was thinking of pulling the trigger on one this week. Its a bit cheaper on the .uk website, but it is a fair jump in price alright, even with the fall of the Euro on the currency markets in the last few months the increases are coming with a premium on top.

But its still working out €500 cheaper than buying it locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

TL;DR version: camera arrived almost exactly one week to the hour after ordering. No problems whatsoever. Great communication/customer service so far. Couldn't be happier with the transaction.

In case anyone else is nervous about ordering from a lesser-known overseas site, here is a detailed account of my experience to give an idea of what to expect when ordering from them:

ORDERING PROCESS
    Submitted order Monday, paid via verified PayPal, and shipped to the address registered with the card. Email confirmation of order came in immediately, and to my relief, with no requests for further information. Either this was due to the lower total order price than some other orders here (around €400), or because the address/card was verified, I'm not sure which.

Order status was listed as "Processing" from the time I ordered on Monday until Tuesday morning when it changed to "Packing & Delivering Soon". Wednesday morning it changed to "Picked". It stayed at that until Thursday, so I got a bit antsy and got in touch with their Live Chat. They confirmed that it was on its way for delivery, and that any additional duty/fees would be settled by them, which was reassuring.

Less so was the fact that I was told it could be 48 hours until tracking information became available, but having read other people saying they had the same experience here, I didn't worry too much. They were extremely helpful in the chat, and very speedy in replying. A transcript was even sent to my email, despite forgetting to request one.

ORDER TRACKING/DELIVERY
    Early Friday morning, I got an email to tell me package tracking was now available. It was estimated as delivering that same day... Which unfortunately was an error that wasn't corrected until Friday night. I called Saturday morning to ask when it would actually be delivered, and was told that I would have it on Monday. Not the end of the world, but quite annoying as I spent all of Friday at home waiting for it.

I kept an eye on the status over the weekend, but there was no movement until Monday morning when it was sent out for delivery. I then got a text with a one-hour delivery window, starting at the time the text was sent, with options to defer delivery for one, two, or three days after. My package arrived a half hour later. I loved how specific this was as it meant no waiting around, but be aware that you will only get less than one hour of warning before the package arrives!

PACKAGING
    Shipping to me originated from the UK, so there was no declaration of contents or price, just my address, the UK origin address, and a "Next Day" order. Packaging was a standard plastic shipping bag, containing the camera box which had been wrapped many times in bubble-wrap.

It looked absolutely immaculate. Everything that should have been in the box was both there and in perfect condition, including a manual packet with an English-language printed version and one in CD format.

PRODUCT
    It's early days yet as I've only played around with a few test shots, but the camera itself seems to be working perfectly. It booted up in English, and everything so far seems to be in order.

OVERALL CONCLUSION
    My experience so far is only with purchasing a fairly standard item, paying with verified PayPal, and shipping to my listed address, so I can't make any comments regarding their stance on returns, exchanges, faults, or problems with orders. Perhaps if I require support later on, my opinion will change, but at this time I can only say that I am 100% satisfied with the saving, service, and product I received.

The confusion over the delivery date was annoying, but it has happened to me before with other companies, so I don't count it as a strike against EGlobalCentral. It's also a shame that their prices are rising, but it's to be expected. The Euro is dropping, and as their reputation becomes stronger, they won't need to offer such steep discounts to offset the risk of being an "unknown" site.

If you're thinking of making a purchase from these guys, sooner might be better than later. Assuming prices remain reasonable, I personally will definitely use this site again. Thanks to all here who have contributed to this thread before who have given me the confidence to shop with them. I'm really glad I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

d750 up about two hundred quid also, thank god I bought it when I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

They probably got cut too many times by customs... Well it is time to find something else ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

arcius wrote: »
    They probably got cut too many times by customs... Well it is time to find something else ;)

And nothing to do with the Euro dropping in value .....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Raging, I cancelled a Canon 70d and two lenses 4 times during Christmas due to they not being able to ship it in time for my wedding on 28th December :(

The order is still stored on the system but when I go to re order now price is up by €300 :(

I'd rather order now within Ireland bricks n mortar and cheapest that's closest to Eglobal prices I found is Dixons in Dublin airport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

re: pricing -- it's not eglobal's fault. their products obviously come from outside the eurozone, and the euro dropped in value drastically, recently, against all the mainstream currencies. it makes stuff from outside the EU more expensive for the moment.. so if you want a good bargain, you'll have to look in the eurozone for products.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

Euro drop - that make sense to me.. Didn't think about this... Sadly I didn't get the 70d before New Year... But interesting fact - today I bought a6000 from them and the price is the same as it was in October... Didn't go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Graewood

Hey guys, new to here, had to ask a few questions after giving this whole thread a good read.

Before really knowing much about eglobal, I read a bunch of the positive reviews, and checked through the terms and conditions. Spotted the china address, read through the bit stating they'd cover all customs and vat charges.
    All cool with me, I was far too eager to get my hands on a Dual sim lG G3.

Anyway, I went for it, £299.99
    Bargain for the 3gb model.

Immediately got a dispatch email (this was thursday night/early hours of Friday). Item got processed and sent to an airport in Hong Kong. Says it was doing a bunch of scans. UPS is my courier.

Collection scan
    origin scan
    export scan.

And thats it. Admittedly, it's now only saturday night. But that export scan was yesterday, and I'd have expected some kind of 'boarding the plane mother ****er' message.
    Could just be that they dont work saturdays.

Just hoping somebody that has ordered with them when they have used UPS could possibly send me an example of their tracking updates.
    Mine says expected delivery Monday. But if its not even on a plane yet, I'm doubting that.

Sorry for the massive essay guys, any help appreciated!

(Note, my delivery is coming to uk, and.I used the .co.UK site )

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Graewood wrote: »
    Hey guys, new to here, had to ask a few questions after giving this whole thread a good read.

Before really knowing much about eglobal, I read a bunch of the positive reviews, and checked through the terms and conditions. Spotted the china address, read through the bit stating they'd cover all customs and vat charges.
    All cool with me, I was far too eager to get my hands on a Dual sim lG G3.

Anyway, I went for it, £299.99
    Bargain for the 3gb model.

Immediately got a dispatch email (this was thursday night/early hours of Friday). Item got processed and sent to an airport in Hong Kong. Says it was doing a bunch of scans. UPS is my courier.

Collection scan
    origin scan
    export scan.

And thats it. Admittedly, it's now only saturday night. But that export scan was yesterday, and I'd have expected some kind of 'boarding the plane mother ****er' message.
    Could just be that they dont work saturdays.

Just hoping somebody that has ordered with them when they have used UPS could possibly send me an example of their tracking updates.
    Mine says expected delivery Monday. But if its not even on a plane yet, I'm doubting that.

Sorry for the massive essay guys, any help appreciated!

(Note, my delivery is coming to uk, and.I used the .co.UK site )

My last purchase was with UPS as well and it went ok i was a little worried as previously they used DHL but it passed customs ok but that was around September 2014 so cant really say if you will strike it lucky and avoid the dreaded extra charges, good luck with it though....

I ordered camera for 1k+ and then another order for a lens 1k+ and no probs at all, no extra charges either as both were shipped from UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

The euro going down in value wouldn't have changed the prices that much. What caused them to raise the pricing tremendously is that now a lot of European states have caught onto Chinese companies avoiding VAT completely. Hopefully this acts as a massive turn off for people buying from this dodgy operation.

Whats dodgy about it? bought a camera for 595 euro just after Christmas saving me 550 over local price, only issue I see is the same camera is now 695 euro, for this reason ill be more cautious before buying anything there (3 successful purchases so far)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

bogman wrote: »
    Whats dodgy about it? bought a camera for 595 euro just after Christmas saving me 550 over local price, only issue I see is the same camera is now 695 euro, for this reason ill be more cautious before buying anything there (3 successful purchases so far)

They have a reputation of not paying for the return shipping costs should anything go wrong (I was reading about it on another thread) One user was stung about €70 and didn't get it back. Other people have been waiting weeks for the customer service to respond. Don't forget you have absolutely NO rights should anything go wrong as the site operates outside of European Union jurisdiction

That and the manufacture wont accept the warranty as the equipment you are buying is intended for the Asian region. I would be very worried If I spent a huge sum of money from this company and it breaks down after a year. You are SOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

This is my first time buying from eglobal. I am going to buy a nikon D3300, should I just get free shipping or should I invest 7E to get the insured. Any experiences from other people using free shipping ?
    Also is there any customs/vat charges ?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

This is my first time buying from eglobal. I am going to buy a nikon D3300, should I just get free shipping or should I invest 7E to get the insured. Any experiences from other people using free shipping ?
    Also is there any customs/vat charges ?

Free shipping you get no benefit from paying for it as you pay for it already. I didn't pay for it and i got my camera within a week so its your choice but id invest that €7 in a memory card they are way cheaper with e-global than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 neiltheman

Hi all,

After spending a lot of time reading up about these retailers, and calculating the cost of taxes if I was to get caught out, I went ahead on Wednesday night (25th) and placed an order for a new phone handset. I paid by paypal as I wanted it delivered to a different address as due to work I don't get home every day and didn't want to miss a delivery, and paid for the express delivery (£15).

Straight away I received the automatic email saying my order was being processed. This morning (27th) my order was still being shown as 'being processed' so I opened up the chat window and asked what the delay was. Got a very quick reply (didn't keep me waiting), and advised that the item was out of stock but would be ready to dispatch on Monday. Without me even asking, the operator refunded my £15 express delivery charge by way of apology and advised I would receive tracking details on Monday once it had been dispatched.

I've read many negative reviews about these ppl being unresponsive to messages ect but so far so good, they replied to my questions extremely quickly.

Just need to wait and see how long the phone takes to get here, and if it's as it should be.

I'll keep you all posted...

neiltheman wrote: »
    Hi all,

After spending a lot of time reading up about these retailers, and calculating the cost of taxes if I was to get caught out, I went ahead on Wednesday night (25th) and placed an order for a new phone handset. I paid by paypal as I wanted it delivered to a different address as due to work I don't get home every day and didn't want to miss a delivery, and paid for the express delivery (£15).

Straight away I received the automatic email saying my order was being processed. This morning (27th) my order was still being shown as 'being processed' so I opened up the chat window and asked what the delay was. Got a very quick reply (didn't keep me waiting), and advised that the item was out of stock but would be ready to dispatch on Monday. Without me even asking, the operator refunded my £15 express delivery charge by way of apology and advised I would receive tracking details on Monday once it had been dispatched.

I've read many negative reviews about these ppl being unresponsive to messages ect but so far so good, they replied to my questions extremely quickly.

Just need to wait and see how long the phone takes to get here, and if it's as it should be.

I'll keep you all posted...

Final update... my phone arrived today, sent on monday morning and received on wednesday afternoon, really can't argue with that! The phone was as described, came with a UK charger and in the original box and works perfectly.

As I've said, I've heard a lot of horror stories about eglobal but in this instance I can only offer them praise, great item, very cheap price and excellent delivery :-)

Glad it worked out Nial, did you get the original manual?

bogman wrote: »
    Glad it worked out Nial, did you get the original manual?

There was two manuals supplied in the box, neither of them in English though haha. But at the end of the day after saving over £80 on the purchase price versus the cheapest uk supplier, I can't say I minded downloading a copy of the Manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Thinking about ordering off this crowd but a bit wary still.. can you order of the .uk or .de webistes or does it have to be off .eu?

Just been talking to one of their reps on the .eu site and it seems they ship in bulk from HK into EU and have local distributor then. Also you have to return faulty goods at your own cost to HK.
    You - Click here to change
    are your products shipped from within the EU or could they be liable for customs? I live in ireland

CS1 - Sales & Support joined the chat

CS1 - Sales & Support
    We are based in Hong Kong and deliver our orders directly from our warehouse located in Hong Kong.

we ship our orders with special logistics arrangement and therefore all you will need to pay is the prices on website, no VAT, import fees nor hidden charges involved for the customer on any order. Any VAT or customs duties incurred will be settle by eGlobaL. The price you see on the website is the final price you pay for the product.\

You - Click here to change
    ok, that is good. but if i have to return a faulty product then i have to return it to HK or is there an address in EU i can send it to?

CS1 - Sales & Support
    all our products are imported goods and will not come with manufacturer's warranty, but instead we will cover the warranty through our own company. eGlobal covers limited warranty of 24-month on our cameras and lenses, and 12-month on our mobiles and tablets. * The goods need to be sent to Hong Kong center \under our warranty service. Should you would like to find out more, please visit: http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/warranty-policy-eu.html

During the warranty, you will need to send the item back to our Hong Kong center by your own cost and we will cover the return freight charge.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm thinking of ordering a Canon 6D, certainy has a fantastic price: http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/canon-eos-6d-body-only-digital-slr-camera.html
    I'm very tempted to buy as its cheaper than several used ones that have sold on adverts recently. On the page it says: !"Upgrade to International Version i +9.99€" does this mean the manuals and menus will be in English?
    Are the deliveries still going ok from these guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I didn't get a manual with mine. You can easily download them though and print them if you want a hard copy. The menus were set to English. Even if it wasn't, it shouldn't be hard to change the UI language.
    No idea what that upgrade is. They are supposed to have a good and responsive online chat feature. Try asking a rep?

Advertisement