Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Some versions of the 6d do not have wifi and gps (in countries where these are not allowed). I'm guessing the international version is the one sold here, which does.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I must be totally blind but I cant get the chat to work I cant find a button

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

As far as I remember, it only appears when they are there to chat.
    Maybe just try it later on today.

Still have zero regrets buying my 5Diii from them

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I got this reply to my email:
    Thank you for your message.

With regard to your inquiry. Please be kindly informed, that International Version means, that the camera will have multi-languages menu settings.

Normal version of the camera will guaranteed to have English menu settings and other one language of the sourced region.

Please be kindly informed, that as we source our products from suppliers worldwide the chargers may have the local plugs and we do provide travel adapters according to the destination country.

Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Has anyone here got a camera from them and what plug did it come with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

My charger had our standard 3 pin plug.

• Advertisement

I now need to verify my identify and address, both home and work where I'm getting it delivered to. I sent them off a few documents. Hopefully it will go through ok...

Not sure if it makes a difference but I paid with paypal and didn't have to verify ID or address.

I had to send them loads of different documents, ID, bank statement, utility and also a bill with my work address on it - which i'm lucky I actually have. Anyway they sorted it pretty quick. I suppose its good that they are doing these checks. So do some ship from UK and some from HK? I really want mine for next weekend so hope it does not take too long!

I ordered a week ago tomorrow, but after due to being out of stock (and not telling me) my order was only dispatched yesterday - they gave me a tracking number and said it would be a few hours before it shows up - and then I'd get a different one by email, but the first one is not even registering yet which is very annoying. Probably means it has not even moved. Monday is a public holiday over there. I'm going on holidays on Friday and dont think its going to make it in time :(

Can't say for sure but don't give up. Once mine started to move it was quite quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

They have a very quick delivery system once the parcel is in motion.

I'd say you still have a decent chance.

So it appeared on the system today. It arrived in UK clearing customs on Sunday at 5am. Has not moved since but fingers crossed! :)

I'd say it's on the move, the tracking isn't always bang on up to date. You should have it by Friday easy I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I ordered off them for the first time last Friday. My parcel is in U.K since this morning so hoping I will have it Thursday.

Excellent service and hopefully the courier will find me as I want to have it for weekend.

Should be here tomorrow, just in time. DPD are very good...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

My lens rrived today:). Got text from DPD about 7am while in work with delivery time ect.

It is the first item I have bought online and what a super service 7 days from order to delivery and a good few yoyo's saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

The D3200 18-55mm and 55-200mm kit is very tempting at 450 (-8.99 as a Fathers Day discount offer). Very little of me is saying not to use this website after reading the good reviews on here. I'll have to sleep on it a couple more nights I think. Would this be a good kit for a photographer 'enthusiast', upgrading from an FZ100 bridge camera....? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GordieLachance

I'm having a lot of trouble with eglobal. Ordered a lens on the 22nd of May, it still hasn't arrived. And has been in Customs in the UK since the 29th May, without any details of release. Need the lens very soon. And very vague responses from their support team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I too was freaking out at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 member13

I'm having a lot of trouble with eglobal. Ordered a lens on the 22nd of May, it still hasn't arrived. And has been in Customs in the UK since the 29th May, without any details of release. Need the lens very soon. And very vague responses from their support team.

I am having similar difficulties. Looks like our items are in the same shipment. eGlobal have advised numerous times that the order is about to be released but still no movement as of today... 17 days later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 GordieLachance

Yea, it's mad. They haven't responded to any of my last few emails. Over three weeks now I'm waiting. Supposed to do a wedding on Friday. Will probably have to rent the lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

I bought a 5dmkii from them last thursday night. I paid by paypal and received the eamil early on friday looking for the drivers license/bank bill for confirmation. It then moved to processing - where it stayed until mid Monday morning where I got an email to say it was picked. Shortly after I had another email saying it was sent in a bulk shipment and that I would get a tracking number. The next day (tuesday) I got the tracking number, for delivery via DPD. There was a line in the email saying it may take up to 48 hours for it to show up in the DPD system though. The long and short of it is that the camera was delivered today by DPD (tracking number still not working!).

So the camera was in an original canon box, all the manual etc was in chinese, and the charger is the type that has 2 fold out prongs on the back (there was an adaptor in the box rather than the usual figure 8 cable we would see here. On examination, the camera is brand new, no finger prints or anything on it - I do believe its brand new. The menu was in chinese, but a google and youtube vid showed easily how to get to the language change bit. Total price paid 2086. Street price dublin 2899.

I'm aware that essentially I have a camera without warranty should anything go wrong. PG that doesn't happen. Lastly just to say the DPD originated in the UK, so that's where their warehouse must be. Overall, order placed thursday night, delivery the following wednesday afternoon. Not bad! I'll wait to see for a bit before saying I would buy again from them, but at 800 saving, its hard not to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭corvus4906

chisel wrote: »
    I bought a 5dmkii from them last thursday night. I paid by paypal and received the eamil early on friday looking for the drivers license/bank bill for confirmation. It then moved to processing - where it stayed until mid Monday morning where I got an email to say it was picked. Shortly after I had another email saying it was sent in a bulk shipment and that I would get a tracking number. The next day (tuesday) I got the tracking number, for delivery via DPD. There was a line in the email saying it may take up to 48 hours for it to show up in the DPD system though. The long and short of it is that the camera was delivered today by DPD (tracking number still not working!).

So the camera was in an original canon box, all the manual etc was in chinese, and the charger is the type that has 2 fold out prongs on the back (there was an adaptor in the box rather than the usual figure 8 cable we would see here. On examination, the camera is brand new, no finger prints or anything on it - I do believe its brand new. The menu was in chinese, but a google and youtube vid showed easily how to get to the language change bit. Total price paid 2086. Street price dublin 2899.

I'm aware that essentially I have a camera without warranty should anything go wrong. PG that doesn't happen. Lastly just to say the DPD originated in the UK, so that's where their warehouse must be. Overall, order placed thursday night, delivery the following wednesday afternoon. Not bad! I'll wait to see for a bit before saying I would buy again from them, but at 800 saving, its hard not to go for.

Sure cant you just add it to your house insurance or get gadget insurance? I've my 70D and lenses added to renters insurance, including if i lose/break them away from the apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

After shopping around I'm' going to order from them.

They're a lot cheaper than other online stores. Delivery might take some time but you'll get it eventually.
    Is this correct- most don't get stopped for duty? If you do get charged it's import duty at 23%- correct?

In my experience delivery is fast. As for the other thing, hasn't been a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

chisel wrote: »

Same experience as you except i went for Nikon D750 and lense - Book manual was in english , camera language was english and charger plug was UK/Irish .

I'm very happy I used them. Customer service was excellent. All Engligh and UK plugs, plus no VAT. Super fast delivery even over the weekend (Once it left HK)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Ordered a D750 with them last Friday. According to the tracking# it's enroute to me from the UK, probably get it on Monday, but I'm out of the country for 2 weeks from Sunday night :(.At just over €1400 for the body, it was the cheapest anywhere.
    Wonder if Dixons in Dub airport have any decent deals on grips (........or...if the missus ain't looking...... a 24-70 f2.8 ? :D).

Edit: BTW, my package is being sent from UK via UPS, so no import fees due.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Does anyone know if you select standard delivery is this with an post or courier?

• Advertisement

Courier - DPD for me.

Advertisement