Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mad dad

Hi,

I've been watching this thread recently. I took a leap of faith and bought a tablet off eglobal central on Tuesday 18/3. The price was great and I took the chance having done my research about them online.I paid with Paypal and got no extra requests for additional information, credit card etc.
    The item was posted from Hong Kong on Wednesday and I received it today - 2 days later!!!!! Using standard DHL - I didn't pay any extra for postage.
    It's really well packed, 100% legit and I'm very happy.
    In my experience I'd really recommend this company.

Maddad

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aventure4

Aventure4 wrote: »
    Nice :D, I have also placed my order for Nikon D7100 on Sunday, will keep on updating

Just want to update that my D7100 body arrived on last friday (Insured Priority Express Shipping), which took only 5 days, no extra cost, perfectly packed, 100% new!

I'm very happy now, it was such a bargained price with extra €15 discount when I ordered during spring sale, just €697 including shipping..:pac: I do like their promotions, very honest and direct, at least they are not giving out flawed products during promotions..like some other shops

Definitely will use again, i think they sell quite a large variety of products...just done a little search on their site, Looks like they also sell headphones, harddrives, lenses, GPS watches, gadgets...etc at a very bargained price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Any concerns with the warranty you get from these guys? I'd guess it would have to go back to Hong Kong if there was any issues.
    Interested in buy a Nikon D5300.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭onedowg

Ok lads i ordered D7100 on Wednesday. Paid by PayPal. Got email that they confirmed payment on Thursday. Friday was sent out by DHL. Got it today. Definitely will use them again. Some great prices on tamron lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 zincrox

I ordered a D610 + 28-300mm lens on Tuesday evening, with insured priority express. Used Paypal, confirmed identity on Wed morning and it took 2 days to verify. Order said it was "Processing" till this morning and it's now being packed for shipping. I'm a bit annoyed at them for the huge delay, especially with the most expensive delivery option. Hoping to get it tomorrow or the next day. Great prices, but they never responded to my queries.

Anybody else have this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Insured priority express is the shipping method you're paying for and has nothing whatsoever to do with their own verification and dispatch processes.

Insured priority express is the shipping method you're paying for and has nothing whatsoever to do with their own verification and dispatch processes.

That's true, but seeing the other reviews, people who didn't pay the extra received their order within a few days. The camera was in stock so I don't know why they didn't dispatch it till today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

zincrox wrote: »
    I ordered a D610 + 28-300mm lens on Tuesday evening, with insured priority express. Used Paypal, confirmed identity on Wed morning and it took 2 days to verify. Order said it was "Processing" till this morning and it's now being packed for shipping. I'm a bit annoyed at them for the huge delay, especially with the most expensive delivery option. Hoping to get it tomorrow or the next day. Great prices, but they never responded to my queries.

Anybody else have this problem?

Huge delay? It's coming from Hong Kong... It would take longer to deliver it from Amazon.de to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭danap

I would definitely recommend eglobal central. I ordered the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art lens on Saturday and received it from DHL this morning (Wednesday). No customs charges either. Nice!!

Huge delay? It's coming from Hong Kong... It would take longer to deliver it from Amazon.de to be honest.

ok, I exaggerated it a bit. Based off other reviews I hoped it would be dispatched within 24 hours but it took almost a week. Should be here today but looks like DHL made a mistake...
    wisyma.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Just a heads up, I'm guessing it's different for everybody but I selected the regular free shipping and Ordered on Thursday night, it arrived on Tuesday morning. So the extra charge delivery options seem unnecessary. I'm in Dublin by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aventure4

Chase3 wrote: »
    Just a heads up, I'm guessing it's different for everybody but I selected the regular free shipping and Ordered on Thursday night, it arrived on Tuesday morning. So the extra charge delivery options seem unnecessary. I'm in Dublin by the way.

I agree, but I would still pay for insurance, just in case of any physical loss/ damage issue :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 evilpotato

Just ordered a Canon EOS 70D kit from eGlobal Central during their Easter sale. Order status says processing as of now. Lets see what happens next. Prices are really good

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bil2mum

just ordered a samsung galaxy with a 5euro voucher "Chkout5" ( code is case sensitive, if want to use it, ebter it as i have typed) plus free shipping. lovely

evilpotato wrote: »
    Just ordered a Canon EOS 70D kit from eGlobal Central during their Easter sale. Order status says processing as of now. Lets see what happens next. Prices are really good

24 hours later: Contacted them by chat to ask them about an expected dispatch date, and they inform me that the 70D needs to be re-stocked and expect that to happen tomorrow and product will be dispatched within 2 days. So more 'Processing' :(

My order was cancelled as I ordered from an IP outside of Ireland :P Billing and delivery address are in Ireland. An odd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

Same deal here. Ordered when I was away in Paris for work. Order cancelled due to ip address outside Ireland. Ordered when I got home tuesday. Part has left sort in HK and should be in east midlands (or Leipzig, 2 main europe dhl hubs) today. Paid with paypal. Full refund the first time. Seems to have gone thru this time....

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

Today ordered canon 600ex-rt from them. €530 in Dublin after cashback. €340 in eglobal central. It is not a first grey market shop I use but it is a first shopping with this company. Will update on how it goes :)

evilpotato wrote: »
    24 hours later: Contacted them by chat to ask them about an expected dispatch date, and they inform me that the 70D needs to be re-stocked and expect that to happen tomorrow and product will be dispatched within 2 days. So more 'Processing' :(

36 hours later: Got an email saying that they are currently packing the order and to be dispatched shortly. Checked the website and there is a DHL tracking number :) and status on DHL says "Shipment information received"

But I've heard it can be upto 2-3 days before things start to move from here. Sellers sending just the shipment info to DHL is a good way to buy some time before the actual goods are sent to DHL, according to some forums

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

*nvm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

UPDATE: ordered tuesday lunchtime. Picked up by DHL hong kong on wednesday. In my sweaty palm on friday lunchtime. Great price (150 euro less than ANYWHERE else) fast delivery.
    This crowd are legit. Will definitely order from them again.
    BTW my "camera parts" were valued at 17 dollars for customs purposes!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 michonn

Just ordered today the 600EX-RT speedlight with insurance for a total of 351 euro. I already have 3 of the 600 EX-RT units at home which I got in Dublin from a camera store. All 3 speedlights after cash back cost me 450 euro each. I can't believe that this one is 100 euro cheaper ;) I also ordered the Audio Technica ATH-M50 On-Ear Headphone - White for 108 euro with insurance.This is my first grey market shopping experience and I will let you know guys how it goes ;) Im looking for the Canon CP-E4 battery pack ( second hand ) so if you know someone who has one to sell please let me know ;)

QUICK UPDATE: Just cancelled the Audio Technica ATH-M50 On-Ear Headphone - White, because I want to get a newer model which is at the moment out of stock. I submitted a ticked and after this I immediately received an email saying that ''Your request (8117) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff ''

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

I'm in the market for a Canon 24-70 f2.8 II. These guys have it for €1490. The best price by a mile anywhere. So...do I risk it? What are the chances of getting nabbed by customs?

I wouldn't spend more than 1,000 euro on the grey market. I have canon 24-70 F2.8 ll ( really incredible lens ! ) but I bought this lens from Bermingham Camera store ( one of the best camera store in Dublin by the way ) For example I also spent 6.000 euro for the 1DX in the same camera store but I could easily purchase the same camera for 1,500 euro cheaper on the grey market. The problem is that I wouldn't have 2 years warranty and this is a big risk especially when Canon announced some issues with the 1DX. After this my camera went twice to Canon for free service. There are rumours saying that some of the new 24-70 F2.8 ll copies have some issue with noisy focus ring ( I didn't notice that on my copy ) but I rang to canon Ireland and they told me that this issue was discovered in US and the European copies of these lenses are not affected.

michonn wrote: »
    I wouldn't spend more than 1,000 euro on the grey market. I have canon 24-70 F2.8 ll ( really incredible lens ! ) but I bought this lens from Bermingham Camera store ( one of the best camera store in Dublin by the way ) For example I also spent 6.000 euro for the 1DX in the same camera store but I could easily purchase the same camera for 1,500 euro cheaper on the grey market. The problem is that I wouldn't have 2 years warranty and this is a big risk especially when Canon announced some issues with the 1DX. After this my camera went twice to Canon for free service. There are rumours saying that some of the new 24-70 F2.8 ll copies have some issue with noisy focus ring ( I didn't notice that on my copy ) but I rang to canon Ireland and they told me that this issue was discovered in US and the European copies of these lenses are not affected.

Why wouldn't you have a warranty with it?

It doesn't matter where you bought your canon equipment, it's still under warranty.

Why wouldn't you have a warranty with it?

It doesn't matter where you bought your canon equipment, it's still under warranty.

It does matter. If you purchase the product that is not for sale to the EU then a warranty with Canon is not valid. Trust me I have spoken to the Canon repair centre. You probably would have a warranty from where you bought the product which means in HK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bil2mum

Yuppy. Got my new samsung phone this morning. Used economy shipment and it took 3 working days.Paid NO cent to DHL. Wow will definitely order again and again.

Update: Looks like my order from last Tuesday cleared customs this morning, and is out for delivery. So nice to see things move over the weekend :cool::

Monday, April 14, 2014
    14 With delivery courier DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 8:14 AM
    13 Clearance processing complete at DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 6:10 AM
    12 Arrived at Delivery Facility in DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 5:13 AM
    11 Arrived at Sort Facility DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 4:36 AM
    10 Customs status updated DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 2:25 AM
    9 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 1:58 AM
    8 Transferred through EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 1:57 AM

Sunday, April 13, 2014
    7 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 7:07 PM
    6 Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 2:12 PM

Saturday, April 12, 2014
    5 Arrived at Sort Facility LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 6:07 PM
    4 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 5:09 AM
    3 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 4:48 AM
    2 Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 1:40 AM

Friday, April 11, 2014
    1 Shipment picked up HONG KONG - HONG KONG 5:14 PM

I was expecting a long delay in customs, but seems like they have some deliveries pre-approved through arrangement with DHL - otherwise not sure what "Customs status updated" means, as I usually see other messages when something goes through customs. Also, the eGlobal folks told me via chat that they will refund for any amount charged by customs, although that should not happen for most deliveries.

Now the real wait begins...

Dear Michal,

The products have been sent out to you. The order information is given below

Order ID: #5054250
    Shipping method: Insured Economy Express Shipping
    Shipment date: 2014-04-14, 18:15
    Carrier: DHL
    Tracking number: xxxxxxxx - ( private )

Products:
    1 x Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flash

Best Regards,

eGlobal Central

This is a ticket conversation about a request to cancel my order of Audio Technica ATH-M50 Professional Monitor Headphone - White:

CS1 - Sale
    CS1 - Sales & Support (eGlobaL Central (EU))

Apr 14 16:50

Dear Michal,,

Thank you for your email.

With regard to your inquiry. We are now processing the cancellation of this payment transaction and no funds should be taken out from your account. We would suggest you to contact us to check the availability of the Black later.

In the meantime, should you have any further enquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
    eglobal central (EU)

Michonn

Apr 14 16:06

Hi, I want to cancel the order no. # 5054330 - Audio Technica ATH-M50 Professional Monitor Headphone - White and I will wait until the Audio Technica ATH-M50x Professional Monitor Headphone - Black will be in stock. Please let me know when the newer version will be in stock.Thank You.

CS1 - Sale
    CS1 - Sales & Support (eGlobaL Central (EU))

Apr 14 15:58

Dear Michal,

Thank you for your message.

With regard to your inquiry. We could try to amend transaction amount from our side if you would like to change the item. Please be advised that the restock of Audio Technica ATH-M50x Professional Monitor Headphone - Black is expected to arrive a month time.

Please do reply by confirming on how you wish to proceed with the order. Should you have any further enquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
    eglobal central (EU)

Michonn

Apr 13 06:18

Hello my name is Michal Sendrak I have ordered tonight the Audio Technica ATH-M50 On-Ear Headphone - White ( order number #5054330 ) but I have changed my mind and I want to go for the Audio Technica ATH-M50x Professional Monitor Headphone - Black. I see that this product is currently out of stock so I don't mind to wait. Please let me know that the order number #5054330 is cancelled.
    thank you

]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

ordered canon 600ex rt on thursday. Got it just now (monday) :) No extra charges. Sweet. More then 200 euros saved compared to dublin prices :) will defo use them again :)

Advertisement