Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

Playing the waiting game now...ordered on Sunday night, it was picked up on Monday but only received the tracking number today. It doesn't register on the UPS website yet though :( I'm on the edge of my seat all day waiting to see some progress!

I've entered the paranoid stage now....where are you courier!! :confused::(:eek:

Paranoid stage over....ecstatic stage begun. Arrived :D

A+ experience for me so with Eglobal. Ordered on Sunday night, picked up on Monday evening, received tracking number on Wednesday (tracking number never worked - linked to UPS but DPD delivered and number didn't work for either copmany), delivered today (Friday).

Package very well wrapped in double-layer bubblewrap. Un-sealed boxes but probably the UK converter was added to the main box. All looks brand new, manuals in English etc etc.

Happy out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jonnyj

Let us know how it goes when you start using it mc!

jonnyj wrote: »
    Let us know how it goes when you start using it mc!

I plan to take on the assignments when I get used to all these settings. So far though, I'm finding the quality to be excellent. Coming from a bridge camera, getting used to changing the lenses efficiently is a challenge in itself :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

How long is delivery from order to final delivery please? I'm going on holidays soon but want to be back when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

My D750 arrived when I was on holidays. Only got a chance to open the package today. Been too busy to test it out yet. :(
    From ordering to delivery took 8 working days. Signed for delivery with UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GordieLachance

Just to follow up on this, my lens just arrived today. 7th July. I ordered the lens on the 21st May. I had to rent the lens I had bought because of this delay.

They were not responding to my emails with anything more than a vague: it will be released from customs soon. The only reason they got their act together was that last week I sent notification to chargebacks in AIB that I wanted a refund on my credit card bill because product was not received. They then opened a case with Eglobal. All of a sudden a week later I suddenly have the lens. By the way not a lot of people know about the chargeback thing so it's a good thing to consider if you have not received your order, you're credit card company can get a refund for you. Though they company in question has 30-40 days to respond to the claim, it is the best option when you have no alternative like I did.

Anyway, I hate eglobal and all the stress and missed shooting opportunities they caused me. Glad other people have had better experiences but they had the worst customer service I have ever experienced. And I think I would still be waiting had I not talked to chargebacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Just to follow up on this, my lens just arrived today. 7th July. I ordered the lens on the 21st May. I had to rent the lens I had bought because of this delay.

They were not responding to my emails with anything more than a vague: it will be released from customs soon. The only reason they got their act together was that last week I sent notification to chargebacks in AIB that I wanted a refund on my credit card bill because product was not received. They then opened a case with Eglobal. All of a sudden a week later I suddenly have the lens. By the way not a lot of people know about the chargeback thing so it's a good thing to consider if you have not received your order, you're credit card company can get a refund for you. Though they company in question has 30-40 days to respond to the claim, it is the best option when you have no alternative like I did.

Anyway, I hate eglobal and all the stress and missed shooting opportunities they caused me. Glad other people have had better experiences but they had the worst customer service I have ever experienced. And I think I would still be waiting had I not talked to chargebacks.

I think this is the first negative feedback I read on this thread, doesn't mean there's not more. I wouldn't like them either if they caused so much stress, but I purchased 5 or 6 items from them and have not had an issue thus far. Are you sure your chargeback attempt had something to do with it? Could be possible that it was stuck in customs maybe? Once it's with the courier, there's not a whole lot they can do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Oisted

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has ever bought anything from

eglobalcentral.eu

I was looking at a Nikon D3300 and as it is €200 cheaper than other shops I was considering buying here. Any thoughts on the website? Do you know any shops that might match the price? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Query above moved to this eglobalcentral thread. Would be worth reading through Oisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

I think this is the first negative feedback I read on this thread, doesn't mean there's not more. I wouldn't like them either if they caused so much stress, but I purchased 5 or 6 items from them and have not had an issue thus far. Are you sure your chargeback attempt had something to do with it? Could be possible that it was stuck in customs maybe? Once it's with the courier, there's not a whole lot they can do for you.

I've read (and experienced) some bad stories with them for sure. Before you order please take into account that you have effectively no consumer rights as your ordering from Hong Kong. Paypal will protect you in the event of something going wrong, but you are liable for return shipping which can be incredibly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I bought a Canon G7x last week and it's faulty!

The built in lens cover is sticking and not opening fully resulting in shadows on corners of images.

I emailed them and I also submitted an RMA within their system last night and lol o got today was an email telling me to submit an RMA even though I had done so.

When I log into the site I can't see anything about my RMA submitted.

I paid via PayPal.

Should I just file a complaint through Paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gleNine

I bought a Canon G7x last week and it's faulty!

The built in lens cover is sticking and not opening fully resulting in shadows on corners of images.

I emailed them and I also submitted an RMA within their system last night and lol o got today was an email telling me to submit an RMA even though I had done so.

When I log into the site I can't see anything about my RMA submitted.

I paid via PayPal.

Should I just file a complaint through Paypal?

I think you could try paypal and see how it goes.
    Usually they are pretty good.

Which version of G7X did you go for?
    I see they have an option to pay 10Euro extra for international version - did you pay that?

I'm wondering what the difference is and if the chinese version has a menu option to change to english.

I went for the international version.

Today they asked me to upload a video and another photo of the fault.

I just uploaded them and sent them onto the complaints case.

You can clearly see from images taken of a white surface that there is a dark shadow on the top left and bottom right corners due to the lens cover not opening fully. This has turned me off Canon G7X, i have had the Sony Rx series before think ill now switch back to a Sony A6000 and not have to worry about those flimsy lens covers/doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

€50 discount for all eglobal members. Got an email today valid until end of the year

Trilla90 wrote: »
    €50 discount for all eglobal members. Got an email today valid until end of the year

Link / code or whats required?

This has turned me off Canon G7X, i have had the Sony Rx series before think ill now switch back to a Sony A6000 and not have to worry about those flimsy lens covers/doors.

I was looking for a YouTube camera.
    Was really excited about G7X - will look at the others.

Trilla90 wrote: »

I'm a long tine Eglobal customer and i didn't receive any discount offer?

Happy days just received my €50 discount offer!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Same here... the baxtards... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

yeah - if anyone has has a code going or anything - There's something that i'd definitely pull the trigger on if it was €50 cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Guys have you read the whole email? I got one too but it seems you have to spend we over €1000 and 3 or 4 purchases before getting the €50.

ordered the Canon G7X yesterday, looking forward to getting it.
    Price went from €396 to €415, due to exchange rates I guess.

I read CJmasgrande's post but am hoping/guessing it's an isolated incident. I also used chat with them and international version has all languages in the menu, other version guarantees English.

dinneenp wrote: »
    ordered the Canon G7X yesterday, looking forward to getting it.
    Price went from €396 to €415, due to exchange rates I guess.

I read CJmasgrande's post but am hoping/guessing it's an isolated incident. I also used chat with them and international version has all languages in the menu, other version guarantees English.

Mine just went back today via courier.

I'm really turned off the Canon G7X after this incident.

I told them via email that i don't want a replacement but they didn't acknowledge me. Id prefer a refund or an alternative camera like a Sony A6000. I don't trust the lens cover mechanism any more on the smaller cameras id prefer a camera with just a plain clip on lens cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I told them via email that i don't want a replacement but they didn't acknowledge me. Id prefer a refund or an alternative camera like a Sony A6000. I don't trust the lens cover mechanism any more on the smaller cameras id prefer a camera with just a plain clip on lens cover.

Try the live chat, they should be able to access your account and it's a lot easier to talk to them directly than going back and forth via email.

Hopefully they'll be able to transfer the credit to an alternative model as opposed to a straight replacement. Let us know how you get on?

I recall talking to them on live chat before and it was very good communicating facility.

I forget what time of the day or night it was. It's now 515am in Hong Kong, does anyone know the best local Irish time to get them in live chat?

Mine just went back today via courier.

I'm really turned off the Canon G7X after this incident.

Reaction seems a bit extreme to me. I haven't heard of this issue on any forums (e.g dpreview.com Canon forum). Could have been a one off...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I recall talking to them on live chat before and it was very good communicating facility.

I forget what time of the day or night it was. It's now 515am in Hong Kong, does anyone know the best local Irish time to get them in live chat?

Hm, having a look on their contact options page and it seems at odds with my experience:
    Pre-Sales LiveChat
    If you are considering for a purchase, simply click on the icon on the bottom right hand corner to start a live chat with Customer Service

Representatives.

Chat Session:
    Mon-Fri: 

07:30 - 15:30 (GMT)

Submit a Ticket for Post-Sales Enquiries
    You could submit us a ticket for any order status and after-sales issues and we will reply you as the soonest as possible, normally within a working day.
    I had no issue getting them to deal with me via chat post-purchase, but that was a tracking issue and customs questions, not for support/returns.

You can try, though? They'll be open tomorrow morning at half seven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Just a little off topic but worth taking a note of, last year i bought a phone from Eglobal, actually ten months ago and its giving me nothing but problems this past month. Works ok for a month then the next the screen wont work nothing responds even after resets and it can come back a few hours later. I have yet to hear back from Eglobal but i did read on the site that they give a 24 month warranty so it will be interesting to see will they honour that and they say if parts cant be sourced for the phone or if is no longer in stock, it will be replaced with a model similar to it.

I will let yous know the outcome as this will alter my future purchases from the site as i see for a lot of things its more expensive to buy these days and example being the iPhone 5c being cheaper to buy off the apple site in Ireland and in Argos.

Advertisement