Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Just for anyone else who is going to/thinking of ordering, here's my experience:

Ordered Canon G7X on evening of 21st July.
    22nd received e-mail saying dispatching soon
    23rd received e-mail saying picked up
    25 received e-mail saying shipped. Tracking number was given
    Today (28th) received text stating delivery times and to contact them if times didn't suit. Arrived today. Manual isn't in English, camera charging now. So 1 week for delivery, very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Here's an update on my faulty new Canon G7X.

It was returned last week. I sent them several messages within the communication system telling them how the camera never operated right from moment I opened it. In order to validate the return I had to upload several photos and a video of the faulty camera.

I also stressed several times to them that I wanted either a refund or alternative camera.

This morning I received an email stating the camera is repaired by their technicians and is dispatched for return to my address.

I sent a reply stating I'm not happy with return of a repaired faulty camera. I'm also due to fly to Spain on Thursday for a two week holiday. Disaster will have no camera for holiday and when I come home will have a dodgy camera :(

Eglobal confirmed via email this morning I'll be getting a refund on the faulty Canon G7X :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Here's an update on my faulty new Canon G7X.

It was returned last week. I sent them several messages within the communication system telling them how the camera never operated right from moment I opened it. In order to validate the return I had to upload several photos and a video of the faulty camera.

I also stressed several times to them that I wanted either a refund or alternative camera.

This morning I received an email stating the camera is repaired by their technicians and is dispatched for return to my address.

I sent a reply stating I'm not happy with return of a repaired faulty camera. I'm also due to fly to Spain on Thursday for a two week holiday. Disaster will have no camera for holiday and when I come home will have a dodgy camera :(

Well they did repair it, so maybe give it a chance? I know I would have a lack of trust in the product if it didn't work first time. It's only natural. In Ireland it's the descretion of the seller to replace, repair or refund, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Eglobal confirmed via email this morning I'll be getting a refund on the faulty Canon G7X :)

Absolutely delighted to hear it! Have a great time on your trip now you don't have to worry about it.

Really glad to hear good customer service stories like this, so thank you for sharing. I'll definitely be using them again in future.

• Advertisement

I had bought two cameras over the past two years from Eglobal before i bougfht that faulty Canon G7X.

I find them brilliant value and very good to communicate.

Im saving now to get a Canon 7d mk11 and some lenses over the next few months from them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I had bought two cameras over the past two years from Eglobal before i bougfht that faulty Canon G7X.

Im saving now to get a Canon 7d mk11 and some lenses over the next few months from them. :)

Good luck with that!

Did you end up trying them with the chat? Curious if you were able to discuss post-purchase/faults with them that way.

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Good luck with that!

Did you end up trying them with the chat? Curious if you were able to discuss post-purchase/faults with them that way.

No I was not able to discuss post purchase faults with them on the chat mainly because all my tools are Iphone and iPads and I don't think chat works on those I think you have to use a regular pc.

I did a lot of communication within the complaint thread procedure where everything is logged, that's probably best as its all logged.

My refund went back on my card yesterday.

I have nothing but good things to say about Eglobal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Just placed an order with them for a new phone.. here's hoping it arrives ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭manna452121

I ordered a Nikon lens last saturday and it arrived thursday morning.Great service and good prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

I see the Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II is now €1673.99!! That is €626 cheaper than here! Oh god I can resist anything except temptation .........

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭corkandproud

I seem to be getting differing prices for a 7D MkII, cheaper pricces seem to be coming from banner ads. Anyone else see this type of dynamic pricing?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

Yep - prices change all the time, can be more or less expensive than in the banner ads.

I pulled the trigger on an x100t yesterday - and now the wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

The prices fluctuate every week according to exchange rates. I've no doubt the banners were correct at the time they were created.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

How are you finding the G7X? Was thinking of getting one myself from EGlobal

gman2k wrote: »
    How are you finding the G7X? Was thinking of getting one myself from EGlobal

I only had the G7X for a couple of weeks. That was faulty returned and I took a refund.

I currently have no camera and I'm cracking up as my Mrs. Won't let me buy one as I'm pumping mega money into my sons college start in two weeks :(

The Canon G7X was very heavy compared to the Sony RX100s but it was easier to use the buttons than the Sony as I found the Sony buttons a bit too small.

Image quality was excellent. I'm a camera holic help!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I only had the G7X for a couple of weeks. That was faulty returned and I took a refund.

I currently have no camera and I'm cracking up as my Mrs. Won't let me buy one as I'm pumping mega money into my sons college start in two weeks :(

The Canon G7X was very heavy compared to the Sony RX100s but it was easier to use the buttons than the Sony as I found the Sony buttons a bit too small.

Image quality was excellent. I'm a camera holic help!!!!!!!!

The G7X is 449 on Amazon.de at the moment V 398 on EGlobal, so I reckon I'll get it there for ease of purchase and backup in case anything goes wrong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

forgive me if this is a stupid question but are the lenses sold by this site definitely legit? i plan on buying an olympus 12-40 2.8 from them and the price is 300 euro cheaper than anywhere else. i assume that the warranty wouldn't work here but i just want to make sure it is actually going to be the proper product, and do i need to worry about the warranty really? i've never had a lens go wrong so far

thanks and sorry again for the stupid question but the price difference has just made me extremely wary

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

I decided to take a chance and ordered the Canon 6D, Canon Battery Grip, Extra Canon Battery and 2 x 32Gb memory cards on 25th Aug and they all arrived courier delivery this morning 3rd Sept.
    I totally understand the risks regarding problems and though I would dearly love to buy it here in Ireland the nearly €900 savings made me reckon it is worth taking the chance.
    Personally I was very happy with the order process and tracking of the items and would buy from the site again if the savings are significant.

mikka631 wrote: »
    I decided to take a chance and ordered the Canon 6D, Canon Battery Grip, Extra Canon Battery and 2 x 32Gb memory cards on 25th Aug and they all arrived courier delivery this morning 3rd Sept.
    I totally understand the risks regarding problems and though I would dearly love to buy it here in Ireland the nearly €900 savings made me reckon it is worth taking the chance.
    Personally I was very happy with the order process and tracking of the items and would buy from the site again if the savings are significant.

€900 saving is a hell of a saving in my book :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rog871

Ordered a Fuji X-T1 and 18-135mm lens on Monday 31st Aug. It's been in status 'Packing & Delivering soon' for a couple of days now. No tracking number yet. I guess i'll be waiting until next week for delivery. :(:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

rog871 wrote: »
    Ordered a Fuji X-T1 and 18-135mm lens on Monday 31st Aug. It's been in status 'Packing & Delivering soon' for a couple of days now. No tracking number yet. I guess i'll be waiting until next week for delivery. :(:p
    Has your status changed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rog871

Has your status changed yet?

Yep. Picked it up this afternoon from the DPD depot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

Just to add my tuppenceworth; ordered basic starter Nikon DX3300 kit from them on Sept 9 (late-ish). Just delivered to office. How bad.

I'd like to get these lads to do the weekly shop for us. Maybe get the kids to and from the various trainings, games and pals houses too.

I'm getting shafted imho. Order status still "picked" after a week. Surely that means they haven't even sent it yet.

Two emails to support gone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I found that the status sort of stalled when I checked it online, but the camera actually was on its way and all of a sudden I got an email to say it was in Swords and would be with me that day :) Don't lose heart.

redser7 wrote: »
    Don't lose heart.

Ya I probably jumped the gun. Just got an email from support saying package was with DPD.

Edit: and collected! Bit of a smack on the box but that was in transit. Took a picture of the corner that was hit for future reference.

One week for delivery isn't bad at all. They were quick enough to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Logie-1

I bought a Nikon D750 from Eglobal last October. It will not switch off so I need it repaired under the warranty, but when I read the information on the Nikon web site, they say that they will not repair any "grey market" product. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

you have to return it to e-global I think.

• Advertisement

Logie-1 wrote: »
    I bought a Nikon D750 from Eglobal last October. It will not switch off so I need it repaired under the warranty, but when I read the information on the Nikon web site, they say that they will not repair any "grey market" product. Any advice?

I don't think their products are "grey market"

Advertisement