Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Beware. Everything is listed as available, but not everything in actually in stock. I ordered a Moto G5 Plus phone on July 15th and didn't receive my order until Aug 3rd. I emailed on July 24th to ask what was going on, They responded 2 days later to say the item was not in stock when I ordered it, and they would send it as soon as possible. The phone came from Hong Kong, was well packaged on the outside but the actual box had been opened. I believe this was to add a UK plug adapter, which was a nice addition. Overall I would say the service is acceptable at a low price, But if you need your item in a hurry, you should probably consider paying more elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Ordered an LG G6
    Order #60****0 (2017-07-26, 23:54
    DPD Delivered it yesterday around Lunchtime.
    Well packed, Lovel phone.

Great service

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Just a heads up for anyone using this site i ordered a Canon G7X from them with the E global warranty. after a while the camera lens cover started to stick (a known fault with the camera) still well within warranty i contacted E global and they told me they would not do a anything about it, contacted Canon about it and they also would not do anything about it as it was a grey import. As it was a well documented problem i was able to fix it by looking at some Youtube videos.
    But after this i would not order anything expensive from them again as they dont seem to honor their warranty

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Starting to get a bit worried . Ordered a Lumix DMC-FZ2500 on 03/08 and its still @ Order Processing . cant get any reply to emails or FB contact :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

sharkman wrote: »
    Starting to get a bit worried . Ordered a Lumix DMC-FZ2500 on 03/08 and its still @ Order Processing . cant get any reply to emails or FB contact :mad:

I ordered a Huawei P10 plus on Friday the 29th of July at about 10.00pm, it stayed "processing" until Wednesday the 2nd of August.
    I was a bit peeved that nothing happened so I mailed them on Monday night(31st), I got this reply:
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

Firstly, we would like to thank you for placing an order with us.

We are pleased to inform you that your order will be dispatched today Tracking number will be available within 48 hours after dispatch.

Once we get the tracking number we will send it to you through email.

(Please ensure to check the tracking regularly and contact local courier with your tracking number to arrange delivery in case any delays would occur)

In a meantime, should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us. We will be delighted to assist you.

Best Regards,
    eGlobal Central EU

Then on Wednesday the status went from "processing" to "awaiting pickup" and later to "dispatched".
    I use 17track, and this is where we are today:
    2017-08-05 20:12 CHRONOPOST NETWORKS, Outbound linehaul scan, Scan location: 1-LNX, Comment: Departure to the finale destination
    2017-08-05 16:06 Chronopost France, Inbound linehaul scan, Scan location: TETHYS
    2017-08-02 10:33 Web Services, Shipment ready to be shipped, Partner number: GEO/04569400096641Q

So it arrived in France, in Tethys on Saturday, but hasn't budged from there since, this is bugging me a tad, because yesterday wasn't a French public Holiday.
    But anyway, the processing can take a while, in my case 5 days, 3 of them working days.

• Advertisement

Just got the same standard email from them .. Thanks for your update .

Status now changed to : Packing & Delivering soon

The France part seems ot take a few days.
    Then it goes to the UK DPD office.
    Then DPD Ireland to you.
    You should have it for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭hopeso

Is everyone just using the free shipping option, or is it better to pay the extra for the Insured Economy Express Shipping?

hopeso wrote: »
    Is everyone just using the free shipping option, or is it better to pay the extra for the Insured Economy Express Shipping?

I paid the extra. Still took a week to get here though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I kind of get the feeling that some people on this thread expect delivery from the other side of the planet by return of post.

If you don't trust them, don't place an order.

But, the evidence of their size and success would appear to be very much to the contrary.

Even Amazon screw up occasionally.

D.

• Advertisement

sharkman wrote:
    Starting to get a bit worried . Ordered a Lumix DMC-FZ2500 on 03/08 and its still @ Order Processing . cant get any reply to emails or FB contact

It's most likely not in stock. You could be waiting a while but you'll eventually get it. I had to wait 18 days for my phone.

It's most likely not in stock. You could be waiting a while but you'll eventually get it. I had to wait 18 days for my phone.

Seems to be the case , picked up now by carriers . So will have it next week hopefully, all going well .

It may take the items longer to get to you but the lower prices are there. They send out from Hong Kong and it can take time. If you want something now, go to the local camera or phone shop and send more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Not camera related. I bought a Garmin Fenix watch for e500 on 25th July. It shipped on 26th July, arrived in Ireland on 1st August and at my door the next morning. Very happy with the process.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/garmin-fenix-5-black-sapphire-with-black-band-multisport-gps-watch-only.html

I ordered a Huawei P10 plus on Friday the 29th of July at about 10.00pm, it stayed "processing" until Wednesday the 2nd of August.
    I was a bit peeved that nothing happened so I mailed them on Monday night(31st), I got this reply:

Then on Wednesday the status went from "processing" to "awaiting pickup" and later to "dispatched".
    I use 17track, and this is where we are today:

So it arrived in France, in Tethys on Saturday, but hasn't budged from there since, this is bugging me a tad, because yesterday wasn't a French public Holiday.
    But anyway, the processing can take a while, in my case 5 days, 3 of them working days.

Mine went from Picked up yesterday to :
    Date & Time Location Description
    11 Aug 2017 17:38 Manchester Your parcel has arrived at our Irlam depot
    11 Aug 2017 16:37 Manchester We have your parcel and it's on its way to you
    Today :confused::confused::D:D

sharkman wrote: »
    Mine went from Picked up yesterday to :
    Date & Time Location Description
    11 Aug 2017 17:38 Manchester Your parcel has arrived at our Irlam depot
    11 Aug 2017 16:37 Manchester We have your parcel and it's on its way to you
    Today :confused::confused::D:D

Sometimes the lines on the tracking are incorrectly juxtaposed.

Mine changed on tuesday to the below:
    2017-08-08 17:37 Chronopost France, Shipment in transit, Scan location: Roissy - Paris - FR

Mine seems to be taking a different route to yours, seems yours may have originated in the UK, whereas mine is coming from HK?

I'd hoped mine would have hit Hinkley last night and Athlone early this morning based on this post from poster Hanger18m on the LG G6 thread:
    2017-07-03 04:30 CHRONOPOST NETWORKS, Inbound linehaul scan, Scan location: Athlone - IE (depot 1602)
    2017-07-03 02:26 CHRONOPOST NETWORKS, Shipment in transit, Scan location: Hinckley - GB (depot 0056)
    2017-06-30 15:33 Chronopost France, Shipment in transit, Scan location: Roissy - Paris - FR
    2017-06-29 17:57 CHRONOPOST NETWORKS HONG KONG, Outbound linehaul scan, Comment: Departure to the final destination
    2017-06-29 17:57 CHRONOPOST NETWORKS, Outbound linehaul scan, Scan location: (depot 0995), Comment: Departure to the final destination
    2017-06-29 13:34 Chronopost France, Inbound linehaul scan, Scan location: TETHYS
    2017-06-28 03:52 Web Services, Shipment ready to be shipped, Partner number: GEO

Either way, I'm still hoping it will arrive Monday/Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Just a quick note to say that I ordered an ASUS Zenfone AR from eglobalcentral.eu last Friday.
    Shipping notification updated to Chronopost France on Monday afternoon, DPD courier delivered it to work this morning (friday).
    There was no update to the tracking info online from the original one until i got a text from DPD this morning.

1 week turnaround, no customs charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 grane101

Overall positive experience from me dealing with this eglobalcentral.

I ordered a Nikon D750 + Kit lens + SB-700 flash gun. Total was €1958 saving me €1255 had I purchased it from camera.ie

I ordered on the 11th of August, and got delivered on the 25th. Just a note for anyone ordering multiple items, they will not ship your order until all the items are in stock. I my case I emailed them to ship the items separately. The camera was shipped from Manchester, while the Flashgun came from Hong kong via Paris. I didn't have to pay any import duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shane12

I ordered a garmin fenix3hr off these guys, no update of tracking since the 27/7 in the UK somewhere. I have contacted them on a few occasions, they replied once but have not replied to subsequent queries, fcukers.

I have contacted paypal now to try and get the money back. Has anybody else tried to get a refund through paypal?

Overall happy with them , communication could be a bit better . Ordered on 03/07 and arrived 11 days later . My Lumix DMC-FZ2500 shipped from Manchester and no duty was owing ..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

I have been flicking through the pages looking at the comments as I'm thinking of buying a Nokia 6, I'm on the Meteor network and they don't do the Nokia 6. Its about €250 Dual Sim Free which is good, 3 Ireland want €230 locked.

Emailed eGlobal asking where it would be shipped from, worried about Import Duty if it comes from HK, not received a reply. Just wondering if anyone has had to pay Import Tax on purchases.

Sevenie wrote: »
    I have been flicking through the pages looking at the comments as I'm thinking of buying a Nokia 6, I'm on the Meteor network and they don't do the Nokia 6. Its about €250 Dual Sim Free which is good, 3 Ireland want €230 locked.

Emailed eGlobal asking where it would be shipped from, worried about Import Duty if it comes from HK, not received a reply. Just wondering if anyone has had to pay Import Tax on purchases.

Bought the Huawei P10 plus from Eglobal, €719 from 3, cost me €519 with discount voucher etc, ordered on the 29th of July, arrived on Aug 16th, No customs.

Bought the Huawei P10 plus from Eglobal, €719 from 3, cost me €519 with discount voucher etc, ordered on the 29th of July, arrived on Aug 16th, No customs.

OK thanks was just wondering, had read some comments saying they were charged by customs.

Just an update.

I bought the Nokia 6, ordered it on 4th September and it arrived today the 11th September. Pretty good, no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Ordered a Nikon D500. Saturday 2nd arrived Friday the 8th! Shockingly good IMO.
    Everything perfect too.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Milk_Tray

After reading all the comments here iv ordered a new Garmin fenix 5 sapphire. Fingers crossed it comes soon and without custom charges ha

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Milk_Tray

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Not camera related. I bought a Garmin Fenix watch for e500 on 25th July. It shipped on 26th July, arrived in Ireland on 1st August and at my door the next morning. Very happy with the process.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/garmin-fenix-5-black-sapphire-with-black-band-multisport-gps-watch-only.html

Just ordered the same one :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I was all set to buy my camera on eglobal and now it's €100 cheaper on e-fin.com. Has anyone tried this website?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

dory wrote: »
    I was all set to buy my camera on eglobal and now it's €100 cheaper on e-fin.com. Has anyone tried this website?

Are you sure that is the correct spelling? Nothing showing up on a google search.do you have a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Found it
    https://www.e-infin.com/eu/
    Never used the site but i might have a scour later

Advertisement