Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Mine finally changed status. It now says:
    Chronopost France, Customs clearance in progress, Scan location: 93999, Comment: Specific Customs procedures linked to the nature of the merchandise

It's saying that that update is from the 21/9/17 but I've been checking the last few weeks and there was no update. Then suddenly one that apparently happened two weeks ago.

I've written to eglobal via paypal. Not sure if that's opening a dispute or do I have to do something else within paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

dory wrote: »
    Mine finally changed status. It now says:
    Chronopost France, Customs clearance in progress, Scan location: 93999, Comment: Specific Customs procedures linked to the nature of the merchandise

It's saying that that update is from the 21/9/17 but I've been checking the last few weeks and there was no update. Then suddenly one that apparently happened two weeks ago.

I've written to eglobal via paypal. Not sure if that's opening a dispute or do I have to do something else within paypal?

I think first step is you email via PayPal and then you have option to escalate it to a dispute. They expect you to wait a couple of days which is what I did because of course eglobal weren't responding. My tracking has updated same as yours now

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Steinanutshell

Same here with chronopost tracking and I just checked linex tracking , it said last statues was (shipment on hold)same date and time and new statue is in transit. Fingers cross, might get something out of this cock up in the end .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 milkod2001

very same updates as you guys have: Chronopost France, Customs clearance in progress, Scan location: 93999, Comment: Specific Customs procedures linked to the nature of the merchandise dated to: 21.9.2017

It was only updated 2 days ago, a bit fishy but will give it a few more days. I would not mind to wait 2 or even 3 months because price was very good but this uncertainty if it will arrive or not drives me crazy :).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dannim123

milkod2001 wrote: »
    very same updates as you guys have: Chronopost France, Customs clearance in progress, Scan location: 93999, Comment: Specific Customs procedures linked to the nature of the merchandise dated to: 21.9.2017

It was only updated 2 days ago, a bit fishy but will give it a few more days. I would not mind to wait 2 or even 3 months because price was very good but this uncertainty if it will arrive or not drives me crazy :).

I have checked mine and it is the exact same as everyone else here saying the 21st. What are yas thinking do u think we might actually get what we paid for now?? I have a feeling one day it might actually arrive. I'm just happy that the tracking has updated. It has given me some hope :)

• Advertisement

That's it positive thoughts and all that .
    3 options here , its refused and sent back at the mercy of eglobal to resend it or it's sent to us as long as we pay customs tax ??? Or they haven't found any wacky tobacyin the shipment and it will be approved and sent on its marry way.
    I'm up for number 3 hoping for the wacky as compo.

That's it positive thoughts and all that .
    3 options here , its refused and sent back at the mercy of eglobal to resend it or it's sent to us as long as we pay customs tax ??? Or they haven't found any wacky tobacyin the shipment and it will be approved and sent on its marry way.
    I'm up for number 3 hoping for the wacky as compo.

Be interesting alright to see the developments over the next week or so. I'l be going out celebrating if this actually comes. I resigned myself last week to not getting it so we will see now what happens. Fingers crossed anyway

Has anyone contacted eglobal since the tracking updated a few days ago? I'd be happy to wait too and cancel my paypal dispute if eglobal said the package has cleared customs and will be delivered in the next couple of weeks

Well now what . Tracker not working no responce from eglobal . It doesnt get much worse . That's that . Total scam

Well now what . Tracker not working no responce from eglobal . It doesnt get much worse . That's that . Total scam

I just checked the status and now it says my package is untraceable so it is not coming what a disaster

• Advertisement

Let's not panic just yet. They would not bother to update it to' scan in progress' first if they wanted to cancel it altogether. They might be just updating system. Let's give it a day or two to find out. Im starting to think that they hold it in France until they fill the container to send it all in one go to make it cheaper for them.

Mine still says customs clearance in progress.

In the meantime I bought a camera from www.e-infin.com and it arrived today only I'm not home to collect it! Was very fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

How is it a scam? You didn't get your gear and you don't know why, but the only conclusion you can arrive at is "scam" :rolleyes:

Check the thread and find all the scams that slipped through...

It's a scam in my opinion because they don't advertise that your order might arrive and the more I read there terms and condition it seems to be geared up that eglobal are happy to wait and see if the order get through customs .If not they are not going to be the ones to lose out . And as I agreed to a certain time period which they came up with and haven't provided , with not even the customer service to contact me and notify that there might be a problem with my order . As I am still out of pocket . I do Believe it is a Scam in my opinion.

It's a scam in my opinion because they don't advertise that your order might arrive and the more I read there terms and condition it seems to be geared up that eglobal are happy to wait and see if the order get through customs .If not they are not going to be the ones to lose out . And as I agreed to a certain time period which they came up with and haven't provided , with not even the customer service to contact me and notify that there might be a problem with my order . As I am still out of pocket . I do Believe it is a Scam in my opinion.

I totally agree with you as my tracking says the item is untraceable through the chronopost website I am hoping they will give me my 550 Euro back otherwise I am going to hound them and send 100s of requests a day until they give me back my money

tracking system back online with no update though

Started the cancellation process today bank said they can charge back to my card from eglobal . Tracking link from eglobal email still not working but chronopost website search bar tracker still saying customs clearance in progress . Linex tracker still status on hold , I'm hoping to get message reply from the site . Must have sent a message to every contact for eglobal I could find and still no response. Just a race now, refund or package .

Started the cancellation process today bank said they can charge back to my card from eglobal . Tracking link from eglobal email still not working but chronopost website search bar tracker still saying customs clearance in progress . Linex tracker still status on hold , I'm hoping to get message reply from the site . Must have sent a message to every contact for eglobal I could find and still no response. Just a race now, refund or package .

I didn't pay on paypal and I thought I would not get a refund cause I paid by visa debit.. I am going to ring my bank the minute I get home and see if I can get a refund and cancel the payment..it has now been 5 weeks and my parcel has been lost

I've checked with Chronopost France through FACEBOOK, at least they came back to me. The replay was:

Hi Milan, for now we didn't have any contact from your sender, I'm sorry ��
    Your parcel is still stuck in Customs because the invoice is either missing or incorrect. Did you contact your seller ?

Nice day,
    Benoît

I have sent them my invoice hoping to get things moving.

milkod2001 wrote: »
    I've checked with Chronopost France through FACEBOOK, at least they came back to me. The replay was:

Hi Milan, for now we didn't have any contact from your sender, I'm sorry ��
    Your parcel is still stuck in Customs because the invoice is either missing or incorrect. Did you contact your seller ?

Nice day,
    Benoît

I have sent them my invoice hoping to get things moving.

I got the same response from Benoit last week word for word..I would not get my hopes up.

After kicking up a fuss then after they replied to me with this message :

Hello Mr -
    --

You have requested some informations about your parcel n°

I'll try to explain you what happened with this shipment as good as I can.

This shipment arrived in France the 21st of september, but it has never been released from the customs due to a forgetfulness of the sender.

The customs probably needed some missing documents in order to release this package.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but Chronospost never handled this parcel due to customs detention.

Please, contact your sender if you want to make a claim.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards
    Raphaël

DN

Reply all

• Advertisement

Hate to derail this thread...but do any of you know how to get money back on Paypal. I opened a dispute almost two weeks ago. It shows I sent them a mail but no response and when I try to go further it says I already opened a dispute. But it doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere. Is this what you who have opened disputes have done as well?

Hate to derail this thread...but do any of you know how to get money back on Paypal. I opened a dispute almost two weeks ago. It shows I sent them a mail but no response and when I try to go further it says I already opened a dispute. But it doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere. Is this what you who have opened disputes have done as well?

I think it would be something like 4 weeks to get money back from Paypal. Today it is 30 days since my order,im going to contact Paypal and ask for money back too. It is a joke. Bad facking joke. I wonder how many people have also ordered, did not get anything and just let it go.

Im ready to join some sort of class action or something to get their site down and to get at least what i have paid back if not more. Enough is enough. We have to be protected somehow by EU law.

I opened my dispute about a week ago and when I view the status in paypal it says being reviewed by paypal and "We'll contact you with any developments or if we require additional information from you by 26-Oct-2017."
    So I guess I'll know the result by 26th?

I filled out a bank dispute form with bank of Ireland..they will contact the seller and if they don't send the parcel in 45 days I will get my money back..this has been the biggest waste of time ever

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lukeepowerr

I placed an order for a camera last Tuesday after doing a bit of research in this thread and it arrived by DPD yesterday, after being held up for a day due to the weather aswell. Delighted. No problems whatsoever with the process

I placed an order for a camera last Tuesday after doing a bit of research in this thread and it arrived by DPD yesterday, after being held up for a day due to the weather aswell. Delighted. No problems whatsoever with the process

After doing research on this thread i would never order from Eglobal. Anyway good for you that camera has arrived. Would you let us know if your camera arrived from UK warehouse or from other places like France etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 estebanrc

I'm planning to buy a camera from this site and I decided to order a lens as a test to see how the delivery was. I ordered the Canon 50mm 1.8 as also is not that expensive, so in case of trouble wouldn't be too bad.
    It took around 2 days after the payment to get me a tracking link for my package but after that everything was great. The parcel was managed for DPD and it came through Manchester. I took them 1 week to delivered. I ordered it 10/10 and I got it 17/10.
    I know it could be slightly different as it was a small package, but the overall experience was excellent an I was able to follow the package and check every stage. I will consider to buy a camera soon.

I finally got my money back after E Global refused to respond. My bank refunded me 2 days after raising the complaint. I would never recommend buying from them. Cameras seem to be fine as they arrive but definitely not for a phone as they are being sourced from Hong Kong. I am glad to have this ordeal behind me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Camera products seem to be stocked and shipped immediately whereas phones are not. I would buy from them no problems again but probably not for a phone.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Camera products seem to be stocked and shipped immediately whereas phones are not. I would buy from them no problems again but probably not for a phone.

Yup I agree. Most problems here seem to be about phones.

Advertisement