Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Soarer wrote: »
    So the general consensus is to stay well clear of eglobal?

No issues here either, I'm 4 for 4 with them, no issues with any of the orders.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Of all these people who have taken deliveries from E-global has anyone had to pay customs charges on their delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Of all these people who have taken deliveries from E-global has anyone had to pay customs charges on their delivery?

Never for me anyway, parcel always landed somewhere in Europe first (Belgium, UK, Netherlands) and then got a DPD tracking code.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Aquos76 wrote: »

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Aquos76 wrote:

Nope. 5 deliveries, one slightly delayed but no issues with them by me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭hopeso

Has anyone noticed how annoying their website has become recently? First thing I'm greeted with when I try to log in is a notice saying I'll have to wait a few seconds before I can enter the site, because they are so busy with people shopping there... Then, when I get in, I get 3 or 4 pop ups, one after the other. When I finally get to look at the item I want to check out, another pop up appears, at which point I log out in frustration. It was never like that until recently....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 andie92

heyya,

how long it normally takes for the item to be delivered from the day it is pickup by the courier?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

andie92 wrote: »
    heyya,

how long it normally takes for the item to be delivered from the day it is pickup by the courier?

Not sure as mine was only picked up by the courier today which is 8 days after my lense was ordered :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

andie92 wrote:
    heyya,

andie92 wrote:

For me it varied from 5 to 8 days after it was picked up for the different things I bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

Just to post an update about e-infin service. The 2xENEL15A batteries ordered 10 days ago just got delivered to me today. They seem to be genuine when looking at the packages and stickers. Will see if they prove the be the real capacity over time.

Funny enough, on Eglobalcentral.eu the EN-EL15A is on sale for €29.99 per piece!!! That's some deal☄️So ordered 2 more from them as well and see how do they compare to the ones from e-infin. Time will tell...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Just received a Sony A6500 from E-Infinity. Got it for 1070 euro delivered. Took 8 working days to arrive total but was worth the savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

my order was recieved yesterday about a week after been ordered,
    everything packaged well and one very happy customer, i wont be shopping anywhere else for camera gear, great prices great service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Charmeleon

Ordered a phone on the 4th of December, after two weeks it was still processing so I asked for a refund. Wihtin an hour of sending that email I got a ‘preparing for dispatch -no refunds’ email back. Since then they sent a makey up tracking number that no tracking websites recognise.

Every 24hours they put up a vague ‘tracking update’. The latest is that it has reached ‘a sorting depot’ but no indication whereabouts on the globe this actually is. This seems like a total scam way of keeping my money after I explained I needed it for Christmas or it was no use to me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Charmeleon wrote: »
    Ordered a phone on the 4th of December, after two weeks it was still processing so I asked for a refund. Wihtin an hour of sending that email I got a ‘preparing for dispatch -no refunds’ email back. Since then they sent a makey up tracking number that no tracking websites recognise.

Every 24hours they put up a vague ‘tracking update’. The latest is that it has reached ‘a sorting depot’ but no indication whereabouts on the globe this actually is. This seems like a total scam way of keeping my money after I explained I needed it for Christmas or it was no use to me.

If you read back a few pages it seems they're very bad with phones. Did you pay through paypal? I did and they refunded me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AddisonD

There are quite a few firms on eBay doing amazing deals on Canon at the moment. Obviously, all the gear is classed as 'grey' imports but they supply duty and vat free. I bought a Canon 16-35 F4 IS recently from France via eBay, it was £630, £150 cheaper than any UK stockist!

Strangely enough, one of the eBay firms sends the items from the ROI. They are Chinese and are currently selling the Canon 1D MKII for £3,718 or 4,280 Euros.

Anyone buy a Laptop from Eglobal?
    if so, How did the transaction go for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Ordered a Canon 77D from them this morning... Will be interesting to see its progress!

Was thinking of ordering a phone too, but it looks like most issues people are having are with electronics other than cameras. Has anyone had a positive experience with phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Just for anyone's information, I ordered a phone on the 18th Dec, it was dispatched on the 21st, and it arrived about a week later. Pretty good going for the Christmas period I think

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangdiggy

Okay so I've been reading the comments and there's a camera I want which would cost me 264eur on Eglobal but 319 on e-infin. The only thing I see with eglobal is the warranty! But can you return if you buy something from e-infin. Like where is it based?

Bangdiggy wrote: »
    Okay so I've been reading the comments and there's a camera I want which would cost me 264eur on Eglobal but 319 on e-infin. The only thing I see with eglobal is the warranty! But can you return if you buy something from e-infin. Like where is it based?

Screenshot the item on Eglobal showing the price,
    Email E-infinity and ask them to match it.
    I am sure they will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

AddisonD wrote: »
    There are quite a few firms on eBay doing amazing deals on Canon at the moment. Obviously, all the gear is classed as 'grey' imports but they supply duty and vat free. I bought a Canon 16-35 F4 IS recently from France via eBay, it was £630, £150 cheaper than any UK stockist!

Strangely enough, one of the eBay firms sends the items from the ROI. They are Chinese and are currently selling the Canon 1D MKII for £3,718 or 4,280 Euros.
    Possible to PM ebay sellers details to me please and thanks ....

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Eponymous wrote: »
    Ordered a Canon 77D from them this morning... Will be interesting to see its progress!

Was thinking of ordering a phone too, but it looks like most issues people are having are with electronics other than cameras. Has anyone had a positive experience with phones?

I have bought a number of phones off them with no issue. 2 lenses also. 1 phone had to be repaired under warranty and that went smoothly too

• Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

Eponymous wrote: »

How did it go with your camera?

8090xl wrote: »
    How did it go with your camera?
    Current status is
    2018-01-09

Shipment is en-route to courier depot.

I figured on allowing about two weeks for delivery anyway, so all seems to be going to plan so far... (famous last words)

Quick update.

Camera has arrived. Extremely well packaged, I must say! It was an effort getting through all the bubble wrap!!!

Anyway, everything in package as expected. Charger for the battery has an American plug, but there's an adaptor packaged with the camera. Have the battery charging at the moment but probably won't have a chance to play with it properly for a while.

All told it's eight days from order to receipt of goods.

Might start my phone shopping now!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

just having a quick look through there website again they seem to have
    take all the nikon and most of the cannon stuff off , strange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Is customs an issue with ordering any of these phones or cameras?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Is customs an issue with ordering any of these phones or cameras?
    No issue, according to the website it is prepaid and included in the price you see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

toe_knee wrote: »
    No issue, according to the website it is prepaid and included in the price you see

Wow.that's. good to know thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hurley6969

Ordered a camera from E-infinity on the 9th and it was delivered today. No hassle with customs and the camera was shipped from UK. Great service and price all round.

Advertisement