Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Anyone ever buy camera or lens from this seller?

Says delivered from Ireland but seller is based in Hong Kong.?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/whitebeanhouse?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Post to Ireland = "£15.00 Expedited Delivery (Express Int'l Postage)"

He's gaming search results, thats all. Its not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Anyone that has received orders from eglobal.how is it normally delivered?dhl ?an post?dpd? Any idea?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well I’ve just received a text from DHL indicating I’ve a delivery due today, can only assume it’s from Eglobal as I placed an order with them last Wednesday night, and I’m not expecting any out deliveries from anyone else.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Well I’ve just received a text from DHL indicating I’ve a delivery due today, can only assume it’s from Eglobal as I placed an order with them last Wednesday night, and I’m not expecting any out deliveries from anyone else.

Yea i was thinking it was dhl.cheers.

• Advertisement

Yea i was thinking it was dhl.cheers.

Well that delivery from DHL wasn’t actually from eglobal, it was a package that was sent in early December from another company, dunno how it was sent again as I took delivery of the original package in December.

So, like yourself I’m looking to find out who will be delivering my order now, their tracking system isn’t great,
    Please note that this is the eGlobal Central ’s tracking page. Once your parcel has arrived at the local courier the link to their tracking page will be shown here.
    #Date Parcel Status

6 2018-01-23 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    5 2018-01-22 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    4 2018-01-21 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3 2018-01-20 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2 2018-01-19 In transit.
    1 2018-01-18 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I ordered a phone from eglobalcentral on December 29th, it was delivered last week by UPS. The tracking information given didn't work ie. it wasn't found on the courier's website.

Yea

#DateParcel Status
    62018-01-23Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52018-01-22Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    42018-01-21Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    32018-01-20Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22018-01-19In transit.
    12018-01-18The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

Nearly a carbon copy.but I'm not worried yet to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Well that delivery from DHL wasn’t actually from eglobal, it was a package that was sent in early December from another company, dunno how it was sent again as I took delivery of the original package in December.

So, like yourself I’m looking to find out who will be delivering my order now, their tracking system isn’t great,
    That's pretty much the same as my delivery. DPD was the delivery service.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangdiggy

So bought the camera on the 5th of January, still haven't received it. Here are the updates
    122018-01-23 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

112018-01-22 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

102018-01-21 Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.

92018-01-20 Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.

82018-01-19 Shipment further connected.

72018-01-18 Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.

62018-01-17 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52018-01-16 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.

42018-01-15 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.

32018-01-14 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.

22018-01-13 In transit.

12018-01-12 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I'm wary about these sites but I took a chance on ordering a camera just now from e-infin. Way cheaper than Dublin stores and quite a bit cheaper than UK stores. Paid via paypal so at least theres dispute resolution if it goes wrong (slow as that may be).

Will post back if it arrives or if theres trouble.

Bangdiggy wrote: »
    So bought the camera on the 5th of January, still haven't received it. Here are the updates
    122018-01-23 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

112018-01-22 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

102018-01-21 Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.

92018-01-20 Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.

82018-01-19 Shipment further connected.

72018-01-18 Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.

62018-01-17 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52018-01-16 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.

42018-01-15 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.

32018-01-14 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.

22018-01-13 In transit.

12018-01-12 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

That looks to me like a courier issue.
    Happened me with a parcel before Christmas. ( Not camera related )
    Parcel "slipped" down behind the drivers seat apparently and he didnt cop it for almost a week. ( Yeah right )
    It eventually turned up.
    I'm wary about these sites but I took a chance on ordering a camera just now from e-infin. Way cheaper than Dublin stores and quite a bit cheaper than UK stores. Paid via paypal so at least theres dispute resolution if it goes wrong (slow as that may be).

Will post back if it arrives or if theres trouble.

I just made my latest purchase from E-infinity.
    Great company, I have full faith in them
    As a matter of interest, What did you buy?

Update on my order from eglobal, my tracking has been updated and now includes a DPD tracking number, says it’s on its way to “our Athlone depot” so I should probably have it by tomorrow. If that’s the case, then a full week from order date is very good in fairness.

Update on my order from eglobal, my tracking has been updated and now includes a DPD tracking number, says it’s on its way to “our Athlone depot” so I should probably have it by tomorrow. If that’s the case, then a full week from order date is very good in fairness.

Yea me to.ill get your packet and you'll get mine.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Received an update from e-infin a while ago. Order is processed and they had a picture of the box for the camera beside the printed shipping label with my address on it. Only ordered after midnight last night

Received an update from e-infin a while ago. Order is processed and they had a picture of the box for the camera beside the printed shipping label with my address on it. Only ordered after midnight last night

You will get another email probably after midnight tonight with a tracking number :)
    Happy days

Just had it delivered there.
    so from order to delivery 8 days.very well protected and packaged.i just have to fire it up now and see if its all ok.

Your one must be a day ahead of mine so, as I’m still waiting for my order to land in Athlone and then be sent down to Waterford.

I know this is an Eglobal thread,
    Maybe we should look into starting an E-Infinity thread.

Any how.
    Ordered a Lens from E-infinity last Saturday at 2pm
    It arrived at my door this morning at 11.20

Very pleased,
    Saved well over a grand on it.
    This is my third purchase from them
    In total I have saved over 3 grand on Canon outlet prices here.

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Looking at getting the Fuji 56mm f1.2 and decided to take a chance on eGlobal for the savings (about €300 compared to local prices). I see now E-infin seems to be attracting buyers. They have the lens for the same price.

Is there any advantage to E-infin compared to eGlobal? Are they based in EU? Faster delivery? More reliable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Bacchus wrote: »
    Looking at getting the Fuji 56mm f1.2 and decided to take a chance on eGlobal for the savings (about €300 compared to local prices). I see now E-infin seems to be attracting buyers. They have the lens for the same price.

Is there any advantage to E-infin compared to eGlobal? Are they based in EU? Faster delivery? More reliable?

All E-Infinity items ship from the UK and they seem to have an operation that works like clock work. You order and they confirm, the next day you get another email with a photo of your packaged item and the next day they ship it with tracking details attached. Usually a 4-5 day delivery time from when you order to when it arrives and you are guaranteed to not have to pay any import duties etc.

I can see them taking a whole lot of business from all bricks and mortar stores and even other places like Amazon, MPB etc. The new stuff on E-Infinity is cheaper than most used prices.

Chavways wrote: »
    All E-Infinity items ship from the UK and they seem to have an operation that works like clock work. You order and they confirm, the next day you get another email with a photo of your packaged item and the next day they ship it with tracking details attached. Usually a 4-5 day delivery time from when you order to when it arrives and you are guaranteed to not have to pay any import duties etc.

I can see them taking a whole lot of business from all bricks and mortar stores and even other places like Amazon, MPB etc. The new stuff on E-Infinity is cheaper than most used prices.

Well that sounds quite wonderful. At least the gear isn't shipping from the other side of the world (eGlobal are Asian based right?).

There must be some catch with E-infin though if they are operating out of UK at those prices? Grey market and therefore no warranty?

Well that sounds quite wonderful. At least the gear isn't shipping from the other side of the world (eGlobal are Asian based right?).

There must be some catch with E-infin though if they are operating out of UK at those prices? Grey market and therefore no warranty?

The plus side to E-infinity over Eglobal ( as far as I am aware )
    Eglobal ship in white grey market boxes.
    Whereas E-infinity ship in OE boxes.

I think I may have figured how they are selling cheap.
    I have a funny feeling they may be purchasing all the "B" grade stock
    The reason I "feel" this is because all three purchases I made from the had a very slight dent on one corner of each box.

This leads me to believe that Canon could not sell a high end product in a damaged box and it would literally cost way too much to repackage it ( and I assume re test it )
    On saying that I may be a million miles off,
    But I certainly assure you all three products have been 100%

I would be curious if any others that purchased from them got a box with a slight corner dent??

Again I think we need to start an E-Infinity thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Correct, I think they are grey market and no mention on their website of a warranty. And I doubt any OEM would honour any defects if they discovered it was purchased through E-Infinity or eGlobal but I guess that's the risk we take for cheaper gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I've purchased some camera equipment from Eglobal over the last couple of years. Items came shipped to me in (undamaged) OEM packaging. While the items may be Grey market, I had no issues in sending my camera body back to Nikon for a warranty repair.

Edit: Also worth mentioning that the camare equipment that I ordered from Eglobal shipped from Manchester.

Chavways wrote: »
    Correct, I think they are grey market and no mention on their website of a warranty. And I doubt any OEM would honour any defects if they discovered it was purchased through E-Infinity or eGlobal but I guess that's the risk we take for cheaper gear!

It's not a differentiator anyway between eGlobal and E-infin. You're not going to get a warranty with either. That'd be more of an issue for me with bodies where a lot more can go wrong, but less so on lens.

I guess... I'm wary enough of eGlobal but willing to take the risk... so I'm curious about E-infin, particularly as they ship from UK, but they're even more of an unknown to me.

Pulled the trigger with E-infin. Lens ordered. Now. I wait.

Pulled the trigger with E-infin. Lens ordered. Now. I wait.

Got an email this morning that the order is processed and included a picture of the package itself ready for shipping. So far quite impressed.

Got an email this morning that the order is processed and included a picture of the package itself ready for shipping. So far quite impressed.

Not sure if you will get a second email confirming shipping tonight being the weekend, but normally this is how they work.
    At this rate you should have it Thu. latest. ( DHL ) delivered my last one. (DPD) delivered the first two purchases.

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    Not sure if you will get a second email confirming shipping tonight being the weekend, but normally this is how they work.
    At this rate you should have it Thu. latest. ( DHL ) delivered my last one. (DPD) delivered the first two purchases.

Shipped last night :)

Advertisement