Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ken.51

i have baught from them alot, without any problems, i would buy from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Anybody have a discount code? Hopefully buying an S8

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

This thread has gotten hella long since I was last perusing! So what's the latest thinking on E-Global? Still worth it for cameras, less so for phones etc? I'd try E-Infinity, but they're not carrying the camera I'm after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

This thread has gotten hella long since I was last perusing! So what's the latest thinking on E-Global? Still worth it for cameras, less so for phones etc? I'd try E-Infinity, but they're not carrying the camera I'm after.

I've never had an issue with them apart from the odd delivery that took 3 weeks. Customer support is slow but the products are always perfect, have super prices and no risk of additional charges. 15-20 orders in the last 3 years.

tedpan wrote: »
    I've never had an issue with them apart from the odd delivery that took 3 weeks. Customer support is slow but the products are always perfect, have super prices and no risk of additional charges. 15-20 orders in the last 3 years.

Cheers. I'd be saving €100 on the best mainland EU prices, and €200 on UK prices, so it's hugely tempting to order with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Did you shoot E-Infinity an email asking if they have or are expecting stock of your requirements?

vectra wrote: »
    Did you shoot E-Infinity an email asking if they have or are expecting stock of your requirements?

No. I'm looking for a Sony RX100, but they don't seem to carry the line at all. Wouldn't do any harm to contact them I suppose.

No. I'm looking for a Sony RX100, but they don't seem to carry the line at all. Wouldn't do any harm to contact them I suppose.

While contacting them, Quote the eglobal price ;)

To be fair to them, they got back to me almost instantly. Unfortunately they have no stock on any models in the RX100 line, and won't have for a few weeks. I'll pull the trigger on E-Global and see how it goes.

To be fair to them, they got back to me almost instantly. Unfortunately they have no stock on any models in the RX100 line, and won't have for a few weeks. I'll pull the trigger on E-Global and see how it goes.

As it turns out, I didn't get a chance to buy this since posting last. Just had a look again on E-Finity, and whaddya know, they have it in stock for €15 cheaper than E-Global. Purchased there and then! Thanks again Vectra. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Hi All,

by reading the latest posts it seems to be ok to order from them?
    Im looking at some action cameras at the moment, is that the legit ones (brand name on them) or is it replicas with printed brand names hence its cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

celica00 wrote: »
    Hi All,

by reading the latest posts it seems to be ok to order from them?
    Im looking at some action cameras at the moment, is that the legit ones (brand name on them) or is it replicas with printed brand names hence its cheaper?

I can say with confidence, that the ISAW A3 Extreme, is a genuine ISAW product.

As it turns out, I didn't get a chance to buy this since posting last. Just had a look again on E-Finity, and whaddya know, they have it in stock for €15 cheaper than E-Global. Purchased there and then! Thanks again Vectra. :)

Arrived Tuesday, via DPD. Great service! Very happy with the camera itself as well, although I'll wait for the grip and screen protector to arrive before taking it out and about.

Arrived Tuesday, via DPD. Great service! Very happy with the camera itself as well, although I'll wait for the grip and screen protector to arrive before taking it out and about.

Great stuff :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I wanted to get a Canon 7d mark ii but it's out of stock both in Eglobal and e finity.

I think it's being replaced by a new model next month so I doubt they will get more stock.

Does anyone know any similar cheap sites to source one please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Just so you all know this type of scam is what Amazon and Ebay also do. It is simply VAT avoidance on a grand scale and governments seem unwilling or unable to control it. The loss of tax revenues runs into billions. The cost to domestic businesses is basically bankruptcy as domestic companies are obliged to pay/charge VAT which is heavily enforced.
    Each time you buy from these suppliers you are killing off the legitimate local businesses who simply cannot compete.
    Look here for full details http://www.vatfraud.org/

HMRC in the UK now insist foreign sellers (Ebay and Amazon) register for VAT and display a valid VAT number. The sellers simply get a number registered to a UK post box address and never actually file any returns.

I don't blame anyone for buying the cheapest product but you should be aware of how it is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Ordered two phones Monday arrived Thursday with DHL. My 10th order with them without any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I wanted to get a Canon 7d mark ii but it's out of stock both in Eglobal and e finity.

I think it's being replaced by a new model next month so I doubt they will get more stock.

Does anyone know any similar cheap sites to source one please :)

http://panamoz.com/digital-cameras/canon/canon-eos-7d-mark-ii-dslr-camera-body-only.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

freddyuk wrote: »
    Just so you all know this type of scam is what Amazon and Ebay also do. It is simply VAT avoidance on a grand scale and governments seem unwilling or unable to control it. The loss of tax revenues runs into billions. The cost to domestic businesses is basically bankruptcy as domestic companies are obliged to pay/charge VAT which is heavily enforced.
    Each time you buy from these suppliers you are killing off the legitimate local businesses who simply cannot compete.
    Look here for full details http://www.vatfraud.org/

HMRC in the UK now insist foreign sellers (Ebay and Amazon) register for VAT and display a valid VAT number. The sellers simply get a number registered to a UK post box address and never actually file any returns.

I don't blame anyone for buying the cheapest product but you should be aware of how it is done.

It’s front page news on yesterday’s Financial Times. UK Revenue are about to crack down on VAT-free selling, with help from EBay and Amazon.

Only a matter of time before our lot wake up and follow suit, coz that’s what we always do.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 milkod2001

I have ordered one lens from them more than 1 year ago. It went through UK warehouse. All good, no problems at all. Ordered another lens a few months ago, lens got stuck on France customs. There never released it , claimed some issues with papers.I had to contact them myself Eglobal never came back to me only replayed with automatic email BS response. After more then 2 months i had to open dispute on Paypal and force them to get money back. Very frustrating experience. The biggest issue is complete lack of communication from E-global.

The reason for low prices are that you are getting grey market products. If there is some issue with it you will have to send it back to Honk Kong or god know where. It is a huge gamble for cameras and lenses. For small cheap items it is OK to take a risk.

• Advertisement

milkod2001 wrote: »
    The reason for low prices are that you are getting grey market products. If there is some issue with it you will have to send it back to Honk Kong or god know where. It is a huge gamble for cameras and lenses. For small cheap items it is OK to take a risk.

Absolutely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Absolutely wrong.

You sure about that... I mean... absolutely sure to say "absolutely wrong". I've never had to avail of official support so I can't be 100% but I'm quite confident that they are a grey market distributor and therefore you won't get official warranty from the manufacturer.

Bacchus wrote: »
    You sure about that... I mean... absolutely sure to say "absolutely wrong". I've never had to avail of official support so I can't be 100% but I'm quite confident that they are a grey market distributor and therefore you won't get official warranty from the manufacturer.

Sorry
    I cannot comment on Eglobal products except for a phone I bought. It was 100% genuine.

As far as E-Infinity are concerned,
    I bought a Canon camera and 2 canon zoom lenses.
    All came in original canon boxes and all have been registered on Canon site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Vectra,

I'm not expert, but I believe that "grey" camera gear is totally genuine camera gear but sold outside of the market to which it was originally supplied. It is also sold by non official retailers. I've used both the companies you mentioned and yes the gear is all genuine. However, if you (or I!) have a problem we are somewhat goosed. Canon Ireland will not help and you will be at the mercy of whatever customer service these companies are offer, which I imagine is not great. Have a look on their websites at return policy and warranty information.

Eg from e infin website, it seems that if a part is faulty in a camera they will charge you for the replacement part during the "warranty"! :

Our warranty covers manufacture defects of the products purchased......... . Within the warranty period of 12 months, customers will need to bear the postage for returning the product back to us and we will cover the costs for shipping the product back to you after service. Repair normally takes about 3 to 8 weeks depending on the issues and we will be keeping you informed during the process. In case the repair requires a part that needs to be specially ordered from the manufacturer, additional costs may incur and we will let you know as soon as possible........

Eglobal is even funnier, see some examples below. It seems they are covered by simply losing your item! Or if you buy an expensive item which cannot be repair they will give you store credit of a lesser value! :

If the product is returned to eGlobal Central, we will endeavour to ensure the safety of your product(s) while it is in our possession. However, whilst every effort will be made to return your product.... eGlobal Central cannot accept any liability, nor pay any compensation for the loss of a particular item

For non-repairable products (excluding misused non-repairable products) that are purchased within 12 months, eGlobal Central may choose to compensate you by a certain percentage of value of the unit price, with the consideration on time of use (12 months at maximum). The percentage value is fixed at 8% each month. For example, if the unit price of your non-repairable products is GBP1000, and you have used it for 2 months, the compensation will be 846.4GBP. However, such copensation will be issued in the form of eGlobal Central store cedit only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

For what it's worth, I had my Eglobalcentral purchased Nikon camera body repaired under warranty as part of a recall. No issues whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Can someone who's bought from them please post their warranty card?
    It'll say what market the warranty is good for.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 milkod2001

Sorry
    I cannot comment on Eglobal products except for a phone I bought. It was 100% genuine.

As far as E-Infinity are concerned,
    I bought a Canon camera and 2 canon zoom lenses.
    All came in original canon boxes and all have been registered on Canon site.

You clearly have no idea what grey market products are. Yes, products are genuine, they look exactly like other products, made by same company and come with same box. The only issue is that they are not meant for EU market and don't come with EU warranty. In case of your Canon gear, you are lucky. Canon has no problem to repair grey market products within or beyond warranty. Happy days.

With Nikon, Sony and others you got no luck. They won't touch grey market products even if it is within its warranty.

So you can pay less but have to take gamble praying nothing will happen with whatever you order or you pay much more to Irish retailer but get product with genuine EU warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

milkod2001 wrote: »
    You clearly have no idea what grey market products are. Yes, products are genuine, they look exactly like other products, made by same company and come with same box. The only issue is that they are not meant for EU market and don't come with EU warranty. In case of your Canon gear, you are lucky. Canon has no problem to repair grey market products within or beyond warranty. Happy days.

With Nikon, Sony and others you got no luck. They won't touch grey market products even if it is within its warranty.

So you can pay less but have to take gamble praying nothing will happen with whatever you order or you pay much more to Irish retailer but get product with genuine EU warranty.

This is not true...read my post above.

Advertisement