Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

milkod2001 wrote: »
    You clearly have no idea what grey market products are. Yes, products are genuine, they look exactly like other products, made by same company and come with same box. The only issue is that they are not meant for EU market and don't come with EU warranty. In case of your Canon gear, you are lucky. Canon has no problem to repair grey market products within or beyond warranty. Happy days.

With Nikon, Sony and others you got no luck. They won't touch grey market products even if it is within its warranty.

So you can pay less but have to take gamble praying nothing will happen with whatever you order or you pay much more to Irish retailer but get product with genuine EU warranty.

I understand more about grey imports now.
    I always was under the assumption they were knock offs.

Anyhow
    As you say
    Anyone importing should buy Canon :D.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

vectra wrote: »
    I understand more about grey imports now.
    I always was under the assumption they were knock offs.

That's the black market you're thinking of... stolen and counterfeit/knockoff goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Hi everyone, looking to buy sony a6500, it's 1050€ on E-Infin. Does it come with EU warranty? Is the shop reliable? It's out of stock atm, they told me couple of weeks until new stock arrives. Need it before I go on my holiday(5 weeks away). Otherwise I will have to get it somewhere else, 1200€ on Amazon uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

kave2 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, looking to buy sony a6500, it's 1050€ on E-Infin. Does it come with EU warranty? Is the shop reliable? It's out of stock atm, they told me couple of weeks until new stock arrives. Need it before I go on my holiday(5 weeks away). Otherwise I will have to get it somewhere else, 1200€ on Amazon uk.

If i was paying that much I'd probably go with amazon for the extra 150 quid especially if I needed it in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭hopeso

Doge wrote: »
    If i was paying that much I'd probably go with amazon for the extra 150 quid especially if I needed it in a hurry.

Maybe good advice....except for the needing it in a hurry bit. Amazon's dispatch time for items ordered in Ireland is hopelessly slow lately. There is another thread on here about it. I myself ordered something before Christmas... Two weeks later, it still wasn't dispatched, despite being listed as in stock. I cancelled it in the end, and had it delivered in 2 days from another seller on Amazon. Someone said if you use parcel motel, Amazon dispatch promptly, because it's a UK address....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Are all e-global orders shipped from China? Anecdotally, how often will they then be stopped for import charges?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Are all e-global orders shipped from China? Anecdotally, how often will they then be stopped for import charges?

No..... Some are shipped from the UK....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

hopeso wrote: »
    Maybe good advice....except for the needing it in a hurry bit. Amazon's dispatch time for items ordered in Ireland is hopelessly slow lately. There is another thread on here about it. I myself ordered something before Christmas... Two weeks later, it still wasn't dispatched, despite being listed as in stock. I cancelled it in the end, and had it delivered in 2 days from another seller on Amazon. Someone said if you use parcel motel, Amazon dispatch promptly, because it's a UK address....

Well Christmas is always going to be slow! Not that I've had a two week wait for anything from amazon though.

It would even be worth paying for faster shipping in that case.

Doge wrote: »
    Well Christmas is always going to be slow! Not that I've had a two week wait for anything from amazon though.

It would even be worth paying for faster shipping in that case.

When I say Christmas, it may well have been November... I waited the two week for Amazon to dispatch, bought from another seller, and still had it here long before Christmas. So, I certainly wouldn't blame the Christmas rush.....

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Just ordered this from them, fingers crossed

http://www.tamron.jp/en/product/lenses/a035.html

£748 on Amazon
    €999 in Berningham's
    €999 in Conn's
    €532 on E Global with insurance

Crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

mloc123 wrote:

There are never additional charges with eglobal, all taxes are included. It's in their ts&cs

All will be grand, just be prepared for ****e support and useless tracking. Sometimes takes up to 3 weeks, but most orders are delivered in 6 working days. They always get there in the end and it's the genuine article. Don't attempt to track for a week, just my two cents or you'll be pulling your hair out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gandolph Lundgren

tedpan wrote: »
    All will be grand,Don't attempt to track for a week, just my two cents or you'll be pulling your hair out!

I hope so! Just put an order in for a phone €600 normally, €300 on eGlobaL Central. Cacking myself a bit actually. I'm going to take your advice & stay away from tracking for a week.

mloc123 wrote: »
    hopeso wrote: »
    No..... Some are shipped from the UK....

From Manchester, so I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I hope so! Just put an order in for a phone €600 normally, €300 on eGlobaL Central. Cacking myself a bit actually. I'm going to take your advice & stay away from tracking for a week.

I ordered a phone off them last year and had in just about a week or maybe 8 days.

Got in touch with e-infinity. Products they sell are not covered by manufacturer warranty. All the repairs are done by them in house. How come they are not covered by manufacturer?

Bit afraid to order now, but their prices are so good thought. Second cheapest I found was Amazon, 200e more.
    Anyone ordered from them?

Nice, don't worry, I've had at least 20 orders with them. Longest delivery took 3 weeks, but always happy in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Southern Comfort

Got in touch with e-infinity. Products they sell are not covered by manufacturer warranty. All the repairs are done by them in house. How come they are not covered by manufacturer?

Bit afraid to order now, but their prices are so good thought. Second cheapest I found was Amazon, 200e more.

I bought a Canon EOS 80D from e-infinity a few months ago. €669. I saved myself a small fortune. Their communication from order to arrival was great. I had it in about 8 days. Original box etc. I was 100% satisfied with them. And I'm going to order a Canon 10-18mm lens from them shortly. At €199 it's cheaper than most second hand ones online. I would certainly recommend them, given my experience with them.

I bought a Canon EOS 80D from e-infinity a few months ago. €669. I saved myself a small fortune. Their communication from order to arrival was great. I had it in about 8 days. Original box etc. I was 100% satisfied with them. And I'm going to order a Canon 10-18mm lens from them shortly. At €199 it's cheaper than most second hand ones online. I would certainly recommend them, given my experience with them.

I'm looking to get Sony a6500 with 18-105 and sigma 30mm or Sony 35mm prime.

Was considering a7iii or a6500. A7iii is very good but the Sony ff lenses are so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

kave2 wrote:

That would be grey market goods.
    You'd be getting goods meant for a market other than the one you're in.
    We get European and/or UK market goods here. In the US, they get us/Canada goods.
    A company like that is selling goods probably meant for Southeast Asian markets.
    Each market has a certain number of global repair centres, and the price of the goods factors in the expected number that will show up for warranty repair in that market.
    That's generally why out-of-market repairs aren't allowed.
    So.. you'd have the choice of returning it to those folks, or finding a repair shop in the market the goods were released into by the manufacturer and getting a warranty repair done there.
    Would you want to have to bring your camera to Malaysia for a warranty repair?

• Advertisement

Heebie wrote: »
    kave2 wrote:

That would be grey market goods.
    You'd be getting goods meant for a market other than the one you're in.
    We get European and/or UK market goods here. In the US, they get us/Canada goods.
    A company like that is selling goods probably meant for Southeast Asian markets.
    Each market has a certain number of global repair centres, and the price of the goods factors in the expected number that will show up for warranty repair in that market.
    That's generally why out-of-market repairs aren't allowed.
    So.. you'd have the choice of returning it to those folks, or finding a repair shop in the market the goods were released into by the manufacturer and getting a warranty repair done there.
    Would you want to have to bring your camera to Malaysia for a warranty repair?
    Thanks for explanation.
    I'll go with them, prices are very good and they have very good reputation based on my research.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hunglikeaflee

There are many reasons why these companies do such good prices.

I have been around photography for a long time and worked along side many people and have heard some horror stories but mostly great stories of such suppliers.

Warranties can be a problem a friend of mine bought a Sigma 300mm F2.8 from one of these internet providers, it was faulty. He had to pay the return (to the Channel Islands) and they said they would reimburse him the carriage. It took 6 weeks to get an answer from them after they received it, to be told he must have broke it and they wouldn't cover the repair or postage. Having said that, they still offered him a half price refund???

Even though some of these internet suppliers say the warranty is with them, if you have a problem, contact the company or agents here first as sometimes it will be covered by them. An example is Canon, their cameras are not covered but their lenses are.

There are loads of counterfeit items on the market that work fine but are not the real thing and may not have just the same quality. My collague and I compared two Canon 70-200 f2.8 lenses. One bought here and one in a shop in Hong Kong which was 40g lighter.

I am not saying everything is bad, I am just giving some of my thoughts and asking people to be careful and think, why is it so cheap???

So let's say I buy the camera somewhere in Asia and bring it here, than it's not covered by warranty here in Ireland?

kave2 wrote:
    So let's say I buy the camera somewhere in Asia and bring it here, than it's not covered by warranty here in Ireland?

Pretty much, yes. Although if you brought it back to Asia, they'd likely honor whatever warranty is offered there.

kave2 wrote:

Heebie wrote:
    Pretty much, yes. Although if you brought it back to Asia, they'd likely honor whatever warranty is offered there.

I've used Canon and Nikon for warranty here, always purchase from Asia. Lots of boardsies have confirmed this too.

tedpan wrote:
    I've used Canon and Nikon for warranty here, always purchase from Asia. Lots of boardsies have confirmed this too.

I believe that. They're under no obligation to do so, but they're likely to do it anyhow because they have names and reputations to protect.
    There are brands that won't.
    Some manufacturers might have worldwide warranties, as well. They're not common.
    If you check the warranty card that came with the equipment, it will have the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

http://www.tamron.jp/en/product/lenses/a035.html

£748 on Amazon
    €999 in Berningham's
    €999 in Conn's
    €532 on E Global with insurance

Crazy!

It arrived today, delighted with it :)

It arrived today, delighted with it

As I said, awesome service :)

Sweet, it arrived today! It does look like the protection plastic on the screen had been removed and reapplied, but the phone is in mint condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I bought a Xiaomi Mi A1 from Eglobal recently €162 for 64 GB model, phone shop in Dublin €250 for 32gb version!

Took 9 days economy insured shipping. DHL tracking showed that it shipped from Heathrow - not sure if it came from Hong Kong untracked before this?

Anyway was in perfect condition - sealed in box.

Advertisement