Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Ordered 6 more phone last week, all over 200e and some over 700e and no problem again with any all came sealed in box with DHL from London - they ship bulk from Hong Kong and then separated in London and shipped out to buyers so no chance of customs charge.

In total over 30 orders this year so far all without a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

€7 cheaper with E infinity
    I made 3 substantial purchases from them and recieved all 3 within a week.

RX100- 111

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Recently bought the Mk III from E-finity, and also had it within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭briggy

Is there much point looking at eGlobals tracking information? It seems very vague and only updated once every 2 hours.

I ordered a phone on Sunday 29th, they shipped it out on the 2nd. I assumed I'd have it by today or tomorrow but the tracking says "Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot".

7 2018-05-08 Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    6 2018-05-07 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    5 2018-05-06 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    4 2018-05-05 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3 2018-05-04 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2 2018-05-03 In transit.
    1 2018-05-02 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I think they just bombard you with tracking info, so you aren't bothering them constantly with queries...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Just ordered a phone from them... now to forget about it for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 12 __Alex

Hi,

I hesitated before ordering on EGLOBALCENTRAL.EU, but hopefully it went well for me, so I wanted to share my experience here.

I bought a Canon 6D Mark II with a 24-105mm f4L IS II lens, along with a SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO card.

Payment method: PayPal Express
    Subtotal: 2,117.98 €
    Shipping cost: 42.36 € (Insured Economy Express Shipping)
    Order discount: 30.00 €
    Total cost: 2,130.34 €

30 April 2018 -> Status: Processing
    04 May 2018 -> Status: Packing & Delivering soon
    07 May 2018 -> Status: Dispatched
    08 May 2018 -> Order updated with the DPD parcel number, but no tracking available
    09 May 2018 15:09 -> "Manchester - We have your parcel and it's on its way to you"
    09 May 2018 20:59 -> "Hub 3 - Bham We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Dublin depot"
    10 May 2018 21:17 -> "Athlone - Sorted by distribution centre"
    10 May 2018 23:41 -> "Athlone - Sorted by distribution centre"
    11 May 2018 08:43 -> "Dublin Se - Out for delivery"
    11 May 2018 09:57 -> "Dublin Se - Delivered"

It seems the camera has been shipped from a warehouse in Manchester, not from Hong Kong.

Alex.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

^^
    E-Infinity would have been a good bit cheaper
    CANON
    EOS 6D Mark II DSLR Camera with 24-105mm f/4 II Lens Kit
    EUR €1,899.00

https://www.e-infin.com/eu/item/3407/canon_eos_6d_mark_ii_dslr_camera_with_24-105mm_f/4_ii_lens_kit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Seems that eglobal are no longer selling Nikon branded equipment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mr Gumby

Nforce wrote: »

Haven't been offering it for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Nforce wrote:

I don't think they ever carried Pentax.
    There must be reasons for these things.

Nforce wrote:

I don't think they ever carried Pentax.
    There must be reasons for these things.

Heebie wrote:
    I don't think they ever carried Pentax. There must be reasons for these things.

Why did this guy post twice?
    Gob****e!! :)

mloc123 wrote: »
    Just ordered a phone from them... now to forget about it for a week

Still "processing" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Still "processing" :(

When did you order and what phone....

I am on the same boat.... paid 10th of may with paypal for xiaomi note 5 6gb. I have sent them 2 emails... i only got automated response that they are out of stock and the stock is available from tomorrow.... but twice the same answer.

I am not in panic.... but they are basicaly holding my money for no reason.... paypal will sort it out for me.. but i will again have to wait for 2 weeks till i get hands on "MY" money....

Its just a hit and miss.... but why would you advertise in stock and then decieve customers....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭hopeso

Bikerguy wrote: »
    When did you order and what phone....

I am on the same boat.... paid 10th of may with paypal for xiaomi note 5 6gb. I have sent them 2 emails... i only got automated response that they are out of stock and the stock is available from tomorrow.... but twice the same answer.

I am not in panic.... but they are basicaly holding my money for no reason.... paypal will sort it out for me.. but i will again have to wait for 2 weeks till i get hands on "MY" money....

Its just a hit and miss.... but why would you advertise in stock and then decieve customers....

You paid 6 days ago, and you've already sent 2 emails and are considering getting paypal involved? If you wanted the phone immediately, you should have gone into a shop and bought it....But then you' have had to pay a lot more of 'YOUR' money. You can't have it every way.... :confused:

Asus Zenfone 5 for me... I am not that concerned, I am sure it will ship soon.

hopeso wrote: »
    You paid 6 days ago, and you've already sent 2 emails and are considering getting paypal involved? If you wanted the phone immediately, you should have gone into a shop and bought it....But then you' have had to pay a lot more of 'YOUR' money. You can't have it every way.... :confused:

Yes Chief...i asked them before order was placed...they asured me that they have stock... i paid extra for secure shipping and they again asured me 8 working days delivery. So why not demanding service i pay for.... nowadays people let slip a lot of minor issues...i pay for servise. I see your pointas well... but hey i just want what i paid for.

Asus Zenfone 5 for me... I am not that concerned, I am sure it will ship soon.

Was looking at it.... same spec as xiaomi but have usb c and nfc.... and its 80 quit dearer.

Hopefuly you will get it soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Another two trouble free orders from eglobal this month, seven day wait for one order and five days for another, a lens, I ordered last Thursday and it arrived on Tuesday :D

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Another two trouble free orders from eglobal this month, seven day wait for one order and five days for another, a lens, I ordered last Thursday and it arrived on Tuesday :D

How fast did you get update on shipping? Or about dispatch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Got my 31st order from them delivered today a S9+. Ordered last Monday.

Note sometime the deliveries can take upto 2 / 2.5 weeks. This happens when they ship from Hong Kong to UK and then to you. While some deliveries only take 3-4 days this happens when they already have stock of that product at their UK location.

I cancelled my order in the end. They said they did not have the phone in stock, a little annoying as they show on site it is. I ordered from Amazon.fr instead which shipped it the same day.

I got respond..discount 40 euro but no date. Paypal said if i want full refund i can start claim and get it... but i guess i will give them week or two..we will see... 40 euro back is great. I paid 256 in first place... so thats significant amount of money.

I just wonder how long it is going to take...

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

How fast did you get update on shipping? Or about dispatch

About a day to tell me the item was dispatched, then next I heard was a text from DPD the morning it was due to be delivered. I have bought from global quite a few times and to be honest I find their dispatch notifications very hit & miss, but I'm more than happy with their overall service.

Eglobal just sent me a refund. So after holding my money and getting generic responds my answer is never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Electrick

I ordered a Moto Z2 Play from them. It took 2 days to process and is now with the courier in China, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matthew1998

Eglobal just sent me a refund. So after holding my money and getting generic responds my answer is never again.

Oh dear... I ordered the same phone as you did on the 18th. I suppose it's unlikely I'll get it now :(

• Advertisement

Oh dear... I ordered the same phone as you did on the 18th. I suppose it's unlikely I'll get it now :(

2 things...

1. 6gb version with band 20 for 4g is not available aka not released...

2. What you need is 4gb global version... 200 euros from alliexpress with dhl delivered..no customs ...seller is doing it all..so no import charges..he sent it to uk and then redelivered to you... 8 days total garantee. Mine is in uk already. It is 4gb yes... but i have piece of mind.

Advertisement