Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Bikerguy wrote:
    2. What you need is 4gb global version... 200 euros from alliexpress with dhl delivered..no customs ...seller is doing it all..so no import charges..he sent it to uk and then redelivered to you... 8 days total garantee. Mine is in uk already. It is 4gb yes... but i have piece of mind.

Not really peace of mind. Eglobal covers taxes, with AliExpress there's a high risk you'll get hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

tedpan wrote: »
    Not really peace of mind. Eglobal covers taxes, with AliExpress there's a high risk you'll get hit.

Nope...alliexpress protection is like paypal... i got agreement from seller that there are no hidden charges and final price is the one i paid... 202 euros.

At least its a human responding to me..eglobal will send you random generic reply.... no thanks

The seller its called xiaomi official store.... with over 300.000 transactions and 98%+ feedback.. anyway everyone can decide. I know where i went

Again seller advertise europe no vat ...he is again shipping it to uk...then changing currier....and me as reciever is not going to pay a penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matthew1998

Bikerguy wrote: »
    2 things...

1. 6gb version with band 20 for 4g is not available aka not released...

why in the high heavens would they be selling something that wasn't yet released?

So i've basically pre ordered something...thats fantastic :(

any idea when it might be release/ available for dispachment?
    :D

No news yet about 6gb global...

Band 20 is only on 3gb and 4gb and the box must be clearly marked "global" the rest of models have no band 20 for 4g.

I could not source any info for 6gb model. As xiaomi is going to ireland and will be selling phones as well... but no 6gb version.

• Advertisement

Hope this is good news : http://www.mi.com/hk/redmi-note-5/specs/

All i got is that for europe....it will be for now only 4gb and 3gb models.... i wanted 6gb myself as well... but no youtuber or xda or anyone has seen one with band 20....

But hey i hope you get it soon.

Bikerguy wrote: »
    All i got is that for europe....it will be for now only 4gb and 3gb models.... i wanted 6gb myself as well... but no youtuber or xda or anyone has seen one with band 20....

But hey i hope you get it soon.

Thanks :) ,but I'm going to assume I'll be in the same boat as you were. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Electrick

Date Parcel Status
    2018-05-28 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    2018-05-27 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2018-05-26 In transit.
    2018-05-25 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

Info is very vague, hope I get my parcel today or tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Finally............................!!!

I've just lost my Eglobal virginity! :D

I just ordered one of these via PayPal.

I've had a price watch reminder on it for a few weeks. The price is nuts! :) This is generally regarded as one of the best independent lenses (i.e. not Canon/Zeiss, whatever) ever made by a maker who isn't one of the big boys - and it's probably Sigma's best lens. I've wanted one for ages for my 5D MkIV.

Retail, it's €1200 incl. VAT, so that would be €975 to me. Including postage, I've just paid €803.00.

Will keep you posted as to how it goes.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Just ordered a phone on eglobalcentral with my paypal. Will report back hopefully in a week or so :)

Ordered my lens from eGlobal last Wednesday, it arrived yesterday morning - complete turnaround within 4.5 working days!

My take on eGlobal...

Price: *****
    Speed of delivery: *****
    Order confirmation and Email Updates on Order: *****

Quality of communication: ****

(a reply to a question I had could have been a little faster and the standard of English could have been a little better - though given the speed of delivery, it was all academic in the end.)
    Packaging: *****
    Merchandise: *****

(exactly as ordered)

Would I order from them again?

Definitely.

D.

Dinarius wrote:
    Would I order from them again?

Dinarius wrote:
    Definitely.

They're brilliant. Never had an issue in over 20 orders, apart from a few slow shipments. Enjoy your lens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I have order 8 items off them in the last number of years with no issue until now. Ordered a phone off the on the 13/5 and it only arrived today after a lot of chasing them up on it.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered a camera body with lens kit, spare battery and another lens off them on the 25/5. What arrived today was a lens that I did not order and nothing else. 

They had informed me that the battery would be sent at a later date which I did not mind. I got a tracking order saying camera kit was being sent so I then knew that the other lens was also delayed but what arrived today was a lens worth 325.99 and not the camera and kit lens that I paid 1359 for.

The package arrived at 2pm so they were closed. I logged a ticket about the issue so hopefully know more tonight as there working hours are [font=Tahoma, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Monday to Friday [/font][font=Tahoma, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]03:00 - 12:00 (GMT+1)[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DamianColeman

After reading the first few pages of this forum from 4 years ago ECentral seems really reputable does this still stand? I wanna try pick up a Canon 24-70 f/2.8L USM II and it works out almost €700 less than if i was to buy it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

After reading the first few pages of this forum from 4 years ago ECentral seems really reputable does this still stand? I wanna try pick up a Canon 24-70 f/2.8L USM II and it works out almost €700 less than if i was to buy it here.

Save over an extra 100 by buying from E-Infinity.

HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

vectra wrote: »
    Save over an extra 100 by buying from E-Infinity.

HERE

I'd second E-Infinity. Have bought approx 2k of gear off them with no issues. Cheaper too and doesn't seem to have the will it/wont it arrive nature of eGlobal.

Sorry if it's been asked before, I'm looking to buy from the eglobal UK site and ship to Parcel Motel as I can save 90 euro vs the EU site. Has anyone done this?

Took a chance on a Samsung Gear Sport smartwatch from eGlobal as it was half the price of everywhere else. Arrived today and was dead on arrival. No life in it and wont power on. Contacted Samsung and they said my only option is to send it back to vendor. Fingers crossed the returns process isn't a nightmare but I feel like it might be...

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Samsung A5 2017 model after 10 working days after I put in the order. All good - working no bother. Saved myself 155 euros!

• Advertisement

Chavways wrote: »
    Took a chance on a Samsung Gear Sport smartwatch from eGlobal as it was half the price of everywhere else. Arrived today and was dead on arrival. No life in it and wont power on. Contacted Samsung and they said my only option is to send it back to vendor. Fingers crossed the returns process isn't a nightmare but I feel like it might be...

Having a nightmare of a time with this. Many, many ignored emails and follow ups later, I finally got something back. They were stringing me along with troubleshooting and asking me to try this and that for the last week even when I was telling them I had already done it and just wanted a replacement. Finally got return shipping details out of them when I threatened them with the small claims court. Courier due to pick it up on Monday but not sure I'd ever buy from them again knowing that the service is this bad when it all goes wrong.

Oh, and it has to be shipped back to Hong Kong and a new one shipped to me from there again when they verify that I didn't break the watch. So it'll probably be another 3-4 weeks before I actually get another one.

Chavways wrote:
    Having a nightmare of a time with this. Many, many ignored emails and follow ups later, I finally got something back. They were stringing me along with troubleshooting and asking me to try this and that for the last week even when I was telling them I had already done it and just wanted a replacement. Finally got return shipping details out of them when I threatened them with the small claims court. Courier due to pick it up on Monday but not sure I'd ever buy from them again knowing that the service is this bad when it all goes wrong.

DOAs happen, although I've never had one with any of my many purchases from eglobal. Sounds like you're one of the unfortunate ones :(

Hope they sort it for you and keep us updated on the replacement progress.

Oh, and it has to be shipped back to Hong Kong and a new one shipped to me from there again when they verify that I didn't break the watch. So it'll probably be another 3-4 weeks before I actually get another one.

Just curious; did you pay by credit card or PayPal?

I would be interested to know the relative customer satisfaction levels of those paying directly by credit card and those using secure third-party methods.

In short, does using the likes of Paypal make the likes of eGlobal take more care?

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭corks finest

Dinarius wrote: »

I would be interested to know the relative customer satisfaction levels of those paying directly by credit card and those using secure third-party methods.

In short, does using the likes of Paypal make the likes of eGlobal take more care?

D.
    Don't think pay Pal worries them,but really can make a difference to the buyer,I personally can vouch for that

Dinarius wrote: »

D.

I paid with credit card yeah.

Don't think pay Pal worries them,but really can make a difference to the buyer,I personally can vouch for that

I don’t think it’s a case of worrying them. I just think it’s a case of best practice on the part of the buyer.

D.

Another follow up: DHL collected the watch on Monday morning to bring it to Hong Kong. It arrived late Tuesday evening (which has been the only painless part of this so far). eGlobal acknowledged receipt of it and said they'd contact me when they determined if the watch was broken by me or DOA. I got back and asked how long this would take (thinking maybe a day or 2) but they said it can be a week or more. So it'll still be at least 2 weeks before I get a working watch and that's assuming they don't say that I broke it. Never again.

Another follow up: DHL collected the watch on Monday morning to bring it to Hong Kong. It arrived late Tuesday evening (which has been the only painless part of this so far). eGlobal acknowledged receipt of it and said they'd contact me when they determined if the watch was broken by me or DOA. I got back and asked how long this would take (thinking maybe a day or 2) but they said it can be a week or more. So it'll still be at least 2 weeks before I get a working watch and that's assuming they don't say that I broke it. Never again.

The saga finally concluded last Monday. 5 weeks after my initial complaint to eGlobal about receiving a defective watch, I received my new one (thankfully working). eGlobal confirmed the first watch was broken about 1 week after they received it.

They then sent me DPD shipping details for a replacement. The shipping details hadn't activated after 7 working days and after a number of emails to them I eventually lost my cool because they kept telling me to check with DPD where the package is and when I should expect it....This was impossible because DPD hadn't received the package from eGlobal. The customer service rep didn't seem to understand this and outright refused to tell me where my watch was coming from (Hong Kong I assume) and would not tell me where it was. About 2 days after this, the tracking details eventually started working and I got my watch 2 days after.

Never again will I buy something from eGlobal. I know the savings compared to competitors are unbelievable but for my first purchase, this was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had with a company. Their shadiness and by default, them only replying to one email of yours a day, even if you reply to theirs immediately, just rubbed me up the wrong way.

Chavways wrote:
    Never again will I buy something from eGlobal. I know the savings compared to competitors are unbelievable but for my first purchase, this was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had with a company. Their shadiness and by default, them only replying to one email of yours a day, even if you reply to theirs immediately, just rubbed me up the wrong way.

Totally understandable although eglobal service is pretty good for Asian standards. Try dealing with tomtop, gearbest or banggood, absolutely impossible to get a replacement without sending more money.

That being said, the majority of the electronics I buy are purchased from Asia, the pros far outweigh the cons in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 TFitz49

Placed my first order with them over a week ago for one of the iroomba robots, the order was showing as pending in my account, I emailed them and they said they were waiting on stock, got an email yesterday to say it had been dispatched from them to courier and still waiting on tracking number. The payment has not been taking from my account and no longer showing as pending either. After reading some of the reviews and realising it was coming from Hong Kong, i requested to cancel my order but they advised as it has been dispatched I cant cancel until I receive it first. Have people been charged customs on items? Also does anyone know if I can stop the payment going through on my card as I still don't have a tracking number?

Advertisement