Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

jamieshizz wrote:
    Just checked on an post tracking and it's in dublin so hopefully might come tomor was your order OK and did you have to pay any customs

There's never any customs on eglobal

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jamieshizz

Came earlier anyways all good seals not broke very happy with it so far I know people have had bad experiences but I can only go off my own order and 8 days for delivery Is very good considering where its coming from

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DayTraderTy

jamieshizz wrote: »
    DayTraderTy any movement on yours? Mine still same as yesterday not showing up with an post tracking

The scary thing is that mine has gone completely "cold".

The last "tracking" I have, as in the generic eGlobal tracking, ended on the 19th with the usual "We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible."

So no I have no idea what to think. Maybe there's a change coming with a real tracking number or something, but I'm not very hopeful.

Came earlier anyways all good seals not broke very happy with it so far I know people have had bad experiences but I can only go off my own order and 8 days for delivery Is very good considering where its coming from

Really glad!

I'll never use them again, whether the order comes or not, and would rather buy from e-Infinity as I only really buy photo gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Sorry if already discussed, but I see they're not currently stocking Nikon or Canon DSLRs? Just out of stock, or is it a permanent move does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Sorry if already discussed, but I see they're not currently stocking Nikon or Canon DSLRs? Just out of stock, or is it a permanent move does anyone know?

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if manufacturers are cracking down on companies like this selling grey imports and cutting off their supply somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Have you looked on E-Infinity ?

They still do Canon, but Nikon pulled the plug on them a while back.

Please, whatever you do though, stay away from eGlobal.

I have just had the PayPal case ruled against me because the supplier (eGlobal) had supposedly sent on satisfactory evidence of tracking (they didn't), meaning that eGlobal just took me for EUR 500.00 and I'm getting nothing in return.

E-Infinity are always good. Never had any issues when purchasing from them. They're 99% camera gear oriented though, so no phones, tablets etc. if that's what you (or others) are into.

There's a new crowd in Cork doing some good business by the looks of it - Prima Photo & Video. Good prices, all online, with local support. Some good reviews and prices. Might look into them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jamieshizz

They still do Canon, but Nikon pulled the plug on them a while back.

Please, whatever you do though, stay away from eGlobal.

I have just had the PayPal case ruled against me because the supplier (eGlobal) had supposedly sent on satisfactory evidence of tracking (they didn't), meaning that eGlobal just took me for EUR 500.00 and I'm getting nothing in return.

E-Infinity are always good. Never had any issues when purchasing from them. They're 99% camera gear oriented though, so no phones, tablets etc. if that's what you (or others) are into.

There's a new crowd in Cork doing some good business by the looks of it - Prima Photo & Video. Good prices, all online, with local support. Some good reviews and prices. Might look into them myself.

Really I'd keep at PayPal if I was you iv seen others say that once they disputed PayPal siding with eglobal they then got there money back

Really I'd keep at PayPal if I was you iv seen others say that once they disputed PayPal siding with eglobal they then got there money back

They ruled against me on Wednesday, so I appealed it.

The case was reopened on Wednesday after my appeal.

Then yesterday I received notice that it was again decided against me.

Can't help but think that the two companies are up to no good.

• Advertisement

That's no good. Does the tracker say it was delivered somewhere?

vectra wrote: »
    Have you looked on E-Infinity ?

Yeah, have dealt with them (E-infinity) before without issue. Just wanted to compare prices between the two but was surprised to see E Global not listing Canon/Nikon DSLRs.

Can someone tell me what the deal is with warranties etc when buying from E-Infinity and the likes?

Then yesterday I received notice that it was again decided against me.

Can't help but think that the two companies are up to no good.

What was their reasoning? So weird, what does the tracking say now?

Hope you sort this..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

spix wrote: »
    I just got a phone delivered from them, box was not sealed and has scratches on the back of it.

Trust me, stay away from eglobal central and their sister company toby deals.

This phone I got which was not sealed has been sitting in its box since I posted this. It took them 1 month to reply to my email.

Now I turned on the phone and noticed a green line down the left side of the screen. There is zero chance I damaged the phone in any way as it wasn't used. I don't know if I missed that upon initial setup or it was badly repaired and reappeared randomly. Its only visible on dark backgrounds. They clearly sent me a dodgy phone on purpose.

Stay far away.

This phone I got which was not sealed has been sitting in its box since I posted this. It took them 1 month to reply to my email.

Now I turned on the phone and noticed a green line down the left side of the screen. There is zero chance I damaged the phone in any way as it wasn't used. I don't know if I missed that upon initial setup or it was badly repaired and reappeared randomly. Its only visible on dark backgrounds. They clearly sent me a dodgy phone on purpose.

Stay far away.

I found out why I didn't notice it at first, the line gets worse as battery percentage gets lower. It was at 75% battery when first turned on so was very faint, that photo was taken at 30%. Never buying from there again, didn't even get a great deal, was the same price as buying from any other xiaomi reseller so being sent an unsealed repaired/faulty phone is ridiculous. Lets see how the paypal dispute goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Have made several purchases on Eglobal and have not had a single issue, several of my friends have had no issues either.

bogman wrote: »
    Have made several purchases on Eglobal and have not had a single issue, several of my friends have had no issues either.

Well this was my first and last time. They 100% sent me a dodgy or repaired phone, no reason for global version of xiaomi phones to arrive unsealed with signs of use and then end up having a faulty display. No trustworthy seller would do that. Doesn't mean everyone is going to have issues but they cannot be trusted in my honest opinion. They likely frequently sell refurbs or items with minor faults as new and hope the buyer doesn't notice anything.

Their RMA team is a joke. They reply acting like robots who didn't even read my message, different person responds each time and they always contradict each other. Just going to escalate with paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I bought a S9+ and a Note 9 for a great price too, no issues.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I bought a S9+ and a Note 9 for a great price too, no issues.

Well they have to be legitimate sometimes to counter complaints, if its just all complaints nobody will use them, but if you read review sites they are definitely intentionally sending faulty/repaired goods to many people including me. They could do this to a certain percentage of customers and that lets them offer lower prices, you never know what they could be doing. There's also a chance that alot of the faults are minor so some customers don't notice them.

I've bought several global version xiaomi phones before, always sealed. This one unsealed with a faulty display, their excuse - inspection. They took 30 days to reply to my email so that 14 days money back was passed, now they want me to pay to send it back tracked to hong kong (at least 50 euro insured) and then they deduct 25 euro admin fee if I get a refund... that's if they actually admit they got it back. Several reviews said tracking showed delivered when they returned something but they denied they received it. Or that they claimed there was no fault then asked to be paid shipping to return the faulty item back or they keep it and your money.

• Advertisement

spix wrote:

Did you buy from Toby deals or eglobal?

Hard to judge a company on their customer service when everything goes well. It's when it goes wrong you find out what they are really like to deal with.
    There is a bit of a gamble ordering from eGlobal, and people should be aware of this. My first order was flawless, the second one went missing for a month (I have no idea what would happen if it had got lost indefinitely). Not great odds for me personally.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/eglobalcentral.eu

Hard to judge a company on their customer service when everything goes well. It's when it goes wrong you find out what they are really like to deal with.
    There is a bit of a gamble ordering from eGlobal, and people should be aware of this. My first order was flawless, the second one went missing for a month (I have no idea what would happen if it had got lost indefinitely). Not great odds for me personally.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/eglobalcentral.eu

Crazy amount of faulty on arrival complaints, I guarantee they do it on purpose knowing they'll make it hell for you to return and if you do, they'll find another way to screw you over such as claiming its not actually faulty, charge restocking fees etc. Then they can just try sell it again to someone else until they find someone who doesn't notice the fault.

tedpan wrote: »
    Did you buy from Toby deals or eglobal?

Tobydeals, they're definitely the same company though. Video of the faulty screen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HodPju1sOM

Seems paypal buyer protection isn't what it used to be. Unless you like risking being scammed, don't touch this company.

I have 2 choices now, keep a faulty phone (sellers fault, they obviously sent it like this) Or pay out of my pocket to send it back to Hong Kong which is well over 50 euro with insurance (sellers fault again, they intentionally took 30 days to reply to my email so I would not be eligible under their terms+conditions to return it to their UK address).

Seems paypal buyer protection isn't what it used to be. Unless you like risking being scammed, don't touch this company.

I have 2 choices now, keep a faulty phone (sellers fault, they obviously sent it like this) Or pay out of my pocket to send it back to Hong Kong which is well over 50 euro with insurance (sellers fault again, they intentionally took 30 days to reply to my email so I would not be eligible under their terms+conditions to return it to their UK address).

Sell it with the fault. Somebody will be happy with it.

Sell it with the fault. Somebody will be happy with it.

At a loss though, all I wanted from the seller was a moderate partial refund, a brand new replacement device or being able to return it to the uk address for a full refund. They weren't interested in anything except 'send to hong kong for refund, you pay!! and 'send to hong kong for repair, you pay!!' They know damn well how expensive it is to send something tracked/insured from europe to hk.

What did PayPal actually have to say for themselves?

At a loss though, all I wanted from the seller was a moderate partial refund, a brand new replacement device or being able to return it to the uk address for a full refund. They weren't interested in anything except 'send to hong kong for refund, you pay!! and 'send to hong kong for repair, you pay!!' They know damn well how expensive it is to send something tracked/insured from europe to hk.

I know it's not ideal, but might be the best option given their response.

• Advertisement

I know it's not ideal, but might be the best option given their response.

If I'm going to take a loss, I may as well take it by paying the shipping cost and give the faulty phone back to them. I still lose out but at least they don't succeed in making money off sending a faulty item to me.

Advertisement