Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I got an An Post tracking number at 02:15 on the 18th, but the tracking number is showing as not recognised. I think I've had this with An Post before - the tracking details are not in until after the item has been delivered.

I'm hoping this is the case and the item comes today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

It wont be recognised until it arrives in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭2x4

I ordered a Fujifilm X100F on 15 Dec. from EGlobal Central. It just arrived now. Thought I wouldn’t get it till the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Kind of relieved to see this thread - I found the Olympus M10 Mark III on this site for €380 (compared to minimum €550 locally) and definitely wouldn't have taken the chance without reading a few others' experiences. Ordered over a week ago but they said it's only coming into stock today so fingers crossed the delivery goes smoothly...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Bought the Fuji 28mm on 20th Dec and it arrived today :D
    Absolute bargain. So ordered another lens just there and it's already shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Fore Iron

Bought a EOS M5 and spare battery on the 3rd, but still waiting for news. I have the usual eGlobal pretend tracking info now for the past week - it is currently showing "Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility" and will no doubt move to the inevitable "Shipment is on its way to the local depot" tomorrow.

Sigh. Hopefully this won't go on for too long....

My first experience with them was 100% great - quick and simple. Experience no. 2 is turning slightly sour..... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Bought the Fuji 28mm on 20th Dec and it arrived today :D
    Absolute bargain. So ordered another lens just there and it's already shipped.

Did you test it fully for any faults, should probably use it for a bit before buying another just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

spix wrote: »
    Did you test it fully for any faults, should probably use it for a bit before buying another just to be sure.

Why would there be faults?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

vectra wrote: »
    Why would there be faults?

They sent me a faulty product (box unsealed so they were aware) Also if you check trustpilot reviews many people complain of faulty on arrival devices. They are definitely in the business of selling refurbs/faulty goods as new hoping the buyer doesn't notice anything wrong. The faults might be minor so you really have to look carefully or they could be obvious. Not saying everything they sell will have some fault but you should be very careful. If something is far cheaper than it should be there is usually a good reason for it and not just because its 'grey market' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljH45MouT4k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Buddy just took delivery of a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM from Eglobal, took 4 or 5 working days, wondering if the people who had issues with them in the past resolved their problems, cant remember seeing resolutions...

• Advertisement

Fore Iron wrote: »
    ....I have the usual eGlobal pretend tracking info now for the past week - it is currently showing "Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility" and will no doubt move to the inevitable "Shipment is on its way to the local depot" tomorrow....

And right on cue at midnight tonight, that’s exactly what happened.

Who’s willing to bet it will go to “Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot” at midnight on Sunday? ðŸ˜

I imagine what is happening is they ship your item in a container load, beside thousands of other orders, from Hong Kong to the UK or similar destination inside the EU. Once it’s put in the container you will get the generic, made up and pretend tracking on their site. When it arrives it is broken down into all the individual orders and shipped out for delivery - thus generating an actual real tracking number with DPD or whoever. Does that sound right?

If so, I will continue with my fake tracking until this container arrives at its destination, whenever that may be....

My first purchase a year ago or so shipped quickly from the UK - I guess I was lucky it was already in stock there...not so this time around it seems....

Predictable enough I guess.

I’ve emailed Support and in fairness got a response almost immediately saying they expect the details should update with the local tracking details in the next 48 hours....

We’ll see.....

New update just arrived on my tracking info:

“As customs has been unable to offer us a sensible result timeframe we will be issuing a replacement for you. Please continue to check this page.”

I’ve asked to have my order cancelled instead. I wonder how speedy their CS response time will be now....

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tcat2012

Got the same message as you fire iron . Ordered a phone last Thursday . Been getting the standard 1-6 responses then changed to be message you got about customs . Don’t actually know what it means , have been going alot of forum searching and don’t see anyone having gotten this message . Have requested a refund too . Failing that log a complaint with the bank and see if they can do bagging (foolishly didn’t pay with PayPal) have to say I wish I had read all the bad reviews before I ordered , I wouldn’t have . My neighbors ordered a phone a few weeks ago and it came no problem so felt confident enough . #buyers remorse !

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

I got the same message. I might just wait it out.

Yeah funny I also searched the web for the wording of the message but found nothing.

I assume they have a shipment from Hong Kong to the UK which is stuck in a big customs backlog and they can't get a timeframe from them for release of the goods. Sending a second order out is simple for them as whenever the first batch clears customs, they just transfer it all to their UK warehouse stock.

BUT, if the first order is stuck somewhere in customs, how could the second possibly get through the same route and process any faster?

I'd rather cancel and go somewhere else.

Nugget89, my first experience with them was great and again I would give them the credit of updating our tracking details and suggesting a resolution - rather than us all getting the dreaded "We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible" every day forevermore!!

Good luck with your wait in the meantime. I'll keep you both updated on what happens with my case - would you and Tcat2012 both mind doing the same?

Fore iron did u submit a ticket to request the refund ? How did you do this . Thanks

Yep will do . I feel same would just rather just cancel and order somewhere else as all the negative reviews have given me cold feet . My only fear is if they cancel the order will I actually get a refund or be months chasing it

Tcat2012 wrote: »
    Fore iron did u submit a ticket to request the refund ? How did you do this . Thanks

I went to this page:

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/cancellation-and-return-policy-eu.html

but the link for 'submitting a ticket' would only work on my mobile, not on my PC. I also sent them an email requesting a cancellation also - even though they say they don't accept these requests by email.....

The mobile attempt seemed to work but I have no email confirmation and only a screen saying my message has been sent.

Any other method didn't seem to work. There is another link for submitting a ticket that prompts you to re-enter your login details but my (correct) username and password don't work for that....

Good luck with your wait in the meantime. I'll keep you both updated on what happens with my case - would you and Tcat2012 both mind doing the same?

Sure. I'll let you know when/if anything changes.

• Advertisement

Actually it seems to work on internet explorer - not on firefox....

Thanks sent one there , will see what tonight brings !

So my tracking info now says the dreaded "Shipping further connected" and I have had a brief email conversation with CS at about 2am. They would reply to my emails in about 5-7 minutes each time. In summary it went a bit like this:

CS: Hi, yes you can cancel your order but there will be a fee for returning it. Here are the T's & C's relating to cancellation.

Me: Yes I want to cancel my order - please confirm you have done so. Also, if my replacement has not been sent out why would I be charged any fees?

CS: Actually we need to talk to the courier company and see what the issue is with your items. You can not cancel your order at this time.

Me: OK so does that mean you will not be sending out a replacement?

(Sounds of crickets chirping ever since as they have now stopped responding to my emails)

So, I am very far from confident that this will be a happy ending.

Tcat2012 and Nugget89 - Have a read of their T's & C's for lost packages on their website - it's under the Shipping and Insurance section - you apparently must raise a query about a 'lost' item within 10 calendar days of receiving your tracking info. You can do this by email or by another ticket. It's probably worth doing this whether you intend to wait or not so they can't claim you didn't comply with your end of the deal.

In all honestly, given their history, I would not be shocked if we all end up fighting for out money back at some point in the near future - let's hope not!

Tcat2012 and Nugget89 - Have a read of their T's & C's for lost packages on their website - it's under the Shipping and Insurance section - you apparently must raise a query about a 'lost' item within 10 calendar days of receiving your tracking info. You can do this by email or by another ticket. It's probably worth doing this whether you intend to wait or not so they can't claim you didn't comply with your end of the deal.

That is very good to know. I'm on day 7 so I haven't a notion of receiving anything before then. I'll have to open a ticket with them.
    My current status is "Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot."

Nugget89 wrote: »
    That is very good to know. I'm on day 7 so I haven't a notion of receiving anything before then. I'll have to open a ticket with them.
    My current status is "Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot."

Read it yourselves and see if you interpret it the same way.

If you are on day 7 I guess you don't need to panic just yet. I'm on day 9 today so I figured I better cover myself.

What a pain in the a%$e. I placed my order almost two weeks ago now and I'm no further on with any idea of what is actually happening....

Read it yourselves and see if you interpret it the same way.

If you are on day 7 I guess you don't need to panic just yet. I'm on day 9 today so I figured I better cover myself.

What a pain in the a%$e. I placed my order almost two weeks ago now and I'm no further on with any idea of what is actually happening....

Ya, I read it the same way you did. Which is a bit strange, as even if the order didn't have to be re-issued, it was unlikely to arrive within 10 days anyway. It has a long way to travel.

I got a response to my email requesting a refund at around 1am. Said

‘With regard to your inquiry. Please be kindly informed, that our logistic department will contact the courier company for your order delivery issue.

We will inform you once we got any updates from the courier.’

I immediately replied and said that that if as per the teaching info they are sending a replacement I would like a refund . No response . And no response to ticket submitted requesting a refunds

My tracker which I think is BS , says , like nugget , Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    Honestly really wish hadn’t otdered from them . Never wil again . Would have had phone days ago from another provider I think .also like you am fearing we are some of the unlucky ones with this crowd

I got a response to my email requesting a refund at around 1am. Said

‘With regard to your inquiry. Please be kindly informed, that our logistic department will contact the courier company for your order delivery issue.

We will inform you once we got any updates from the courier.’

I immediately replied and said that that if as per the teaching info they are sending a replacement I would like a refund . No response . And no response to ticket submitted requesting a refunds

My tracker which I think is BS , says , like nugget , Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    Honestly really wish hadn’t otdered from them . Never wil again . Would have had phone days ago from another provider I think .also like you am fearing we are some of the unlucky ones with this crowd

The tracker is complete BS. How could there ever be a scan that would generate a result such as "your shipment will arrive at the depot shortly"? The courier would have to pull over to the side of the road and scan everything for that to happen!! :)

If your tracker says "Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot" then you must be on day 7 too. It's that predictable sadly!!

We can only hope that we suffer a little delay from here on and everything gets moving again. Fingers crossed is all we can do.

My last email was identical to yours Tcat2012. It was in response to my ticket though - check and see if your email came from a support address 'on behalf of eGlobal'. At least that you can assume your ticket was received....

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Ya, I read it the same way you did. Which is a bit strange, as even if the order didn't have to be re-issued, it was unlikely to arrive within 10 days anyway. It has a long way to travel.

I was thinking the same thing about the 10 days. The cynic in me says they hope that no one will claim it's lost until long after that - and then they say read our T's & C's - you should have told us earlier....

• Advertisement

Fore iron all my emails are from ‘Markus ‘ . They all read like computer generated responses !

Advertisement