Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

dory wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience with buying an unboxed lens with them? There's about €100 in the difference so would be a nice saving. But seems it comes with nothing, no manual or even a lens cap!

Update on this - Came with lens cap and hood. It's absolutely perfect. Delivery in little over a week. Saved almost €200 on it (I like supporting shops but I'm also poor). Very happy with the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi all,

Has anyone bought from either of these?

I am thinking of buying a lens.

Anything good/bad that you liked/disliked?

Is there anything to be mindful of ?

Thanks

Vin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

HUMONGOUS thread on them here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

***MERGED***

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anyone bought from either of these?

I am thinking of buying a lens.

Anything good/bad that you liked/disliked?

Is there anything to be mindful of ?

Thanks

Vin

I have used e-infinity twice. Since the start of the year I have bought an Olympus body and then later 2 additional lenses, in another order. Both orders were delivered within the 6-8 days as advertised. No issues or problems at all!

Everything was well packaged and received in great order. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've ordered a couple of Canon lenses from Eglobal during the last couple of months.

The first one was being processed for about 5 days before I decided to email them. The status changed after that and it was going to be despatched "soon". It was actually sent the next day via UPS, and I received it about three days later.

The second lens was "despatched" within 24 hours of my ordering it. Unfortunately, "despatched" meant that it was scanned into wnDirect's system, and it's still there almost a week later, with not a hint of it moving.

I found the review of wnDirect on Trustpilot, showing that they were badder than bad. I emailed wnDirect and Eglobal, and got no reply from either of them.

I clicked the Linkedin link on wnDirect's website, and discovered that they'd recently been taken over by another bigger outfit, Asendia.

I then looked at Asendia's Trustpilot review to see that they're also badder than bad.

It's more than a great pity that the package wasn't handed over to UPS, as I'd probably be merrily clicking away, armed with my new lens.

I'm now wondering if I'll ever see the forking parcel. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I've ordered three phones from then over the last year.... I've found consistently that delivery takes approx three weeks from date of order to door delivery.

In all over probably ordered about 10 products since I first came across them (including a Canon lens) and every one was delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I've ordered a couple of Canon lenses from Eglobal during the last couple of months.

The first one was being processed for about 5 days before I decided to email them. The status changed after that and it was going to be despatched "soon". It was actually sent the next day via UPS, and I received it about three days later.

The second lens was "despatched" within 24 hours of my ordering it. Unfortunately, "despatched" meant that it was scanned into wnDirect's system, and it's still there almost a week later, with not a hint of it moving.

I found the review of wnDirect on Trustpilot, showing that they were badder than bad. I emailed wnDirect and Eglobal, and got no reply from either of them.

I clicked the Linkedin link on wnDirect's website, and discovered that they'd recently been taken over by another bigger outfit, Asendia.

I then looked at Asendia's Trustpilot review to see that they're also badder than bad.

It's more than a great pity that the package wasn't handed over to UPS, as I'd probably be merrily clicking away, armed with my new lens.

I'm now wondering if I'll ever see the forking parcel. :eek:

I would take trustpilot reviews for couriers with a bit of salt. most people go on to rip them to pieces when things go wrong and rarely go on to leave a positive review when everything goes smoothly.

jenno86 wrote: »
    I would take trustpilot reviews for couriers with a bit of salt. most people go on to rip them to pieces when things go wrong and rarely go on to leave a positive review when everything goes smoothly.

There's still enough info to give people a bit of a clue as to how they operate in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Looking at cameras on EGC now and I am wondering about what they'll send for a "body only"? This is what the site says:

In the Box
    - Canon EOS 800D Body Only Digital SLR Camera with Kingston 32GB min. 80MB/s SD Memory Card [kit box]

Will it come without a battery, charger, body cap and strap?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

McGaggs wrote:
    In the Box - Canon EOS 800D Body Only Digital SLR Camera with Kingston 32GB min. 80MB/s SD Memory Card [kit box]

McGaggs wrote:
    Will it come without a battery, charger, body cap and strap?

It will come with all the standard things like battery and charger, just no lens.

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    It will come with all the standard things like battery and charger, just no lens.

Thanks. It just looked a bit odd compared to the other listings which mention power supplies.

McGaggs wrote:
    Thanks. It just looked a bit odd compared to the other listings which mention power supplies.

Yeah, they are useless for contents descriptions. Mobile phones are the same story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

A friend ordered a 5DMKIV from E-Global two weeks ago, arrived as described in 6 or 7 days, no messing around...

I'm still sitting here waiting for my delivery, just about three weeks after paying for the goods.

wnDirect say that the item has not been received by them, although the relevant number has been recorded. Eglobal are apparently in contact with wnDirect and are waiting for a reply. Eglobal has used this excuse about three times now.

I won't be buying anything else from these people, it's too much like hard work.

ejmaztec wrote:
    I won't be buying anything else from these people, it's too much like hard work.

Yeah, they are very tough to deal with. As long as you don't try to track the package and expect a month for delivery, you'll be happy once the item arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Bought my 6D mk2 off efinity.
    Unreal to deal with and soo seamless. Camera arrived in 5 days after ordering

I'm still wondering about this. The same camera, two different prices. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/canon-eos-77d-body-only-digital-slr-camera-kit-box.html

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/canon-eos-77d-body-only-digital-slr-camera-with-lp-e17-battery-kit-box.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

McGaggs wrote: »

I'm still wondering about this. The same camera, two different prices. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/canon-eos-77d-body-only-digital-slr-camera-kit-box.html

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/canon-eos-77d-body-only-digital-slr-camera-with-lp-e17-battery-kit-box.html

One has an extra battery, no?

One has an extra battery, no?

That's what I'm thinking, it says spare or replacement in the description.

That's what I'm thinking, it says spare or replacement in the description.

It seems obvious now. Thanks.

• Advertisement

McGaggs wrote:
    It seems obvious now. Thanks.

Always good to check, buying from Asia can be difficult with the lack of description

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Folks, apart from Tobydeals what are the alternative stores to eglobalcentral?

Hogzy wrote: »

I've ordered from https://www.e-infin.com/, and DHL tell me the parcel will be here on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Hogzy wrote: »

Would second einfinity. They are amazing to deal with. Not sure why people go through the stress of buying from eGlobal anymore. I've spent around 2 or 3k on gear through einfinity and haven't had a bad experience yet. Their Trust Pilot reviews would support that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Fore Iron wrote: »
    Here's mine! Just so you know what's next on the list!

21 2019-01-28 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    20 2019-01-27 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    19 2019-01-26 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    18 2019-01-25 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    17 2019-01-24 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    16 2019-01-23 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    15 2019-01-22 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    14 2019-01-21 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    13 2019-01-20 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    12 2019-01-19 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    11 2019-01-18 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    10 2019-01-17 Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.
    9 2019-01-16 Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    8 2019-01-15 Shipment further connected.
    7 2019-01-14 Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    6 2019-01-13 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    5 2019-01-12 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    4 2019-01-11 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3 2019-01-10 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2 2019-01-09 In transit.
    1 2019-01-08 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

The more this goes on the more I am relaxing and enjoying the ride! In fact, I was thinking of emailing them and suggesting some changes to the wording of their fake tracking to make it more believable.

"Shipment was dropped on canteen floor - breaking noises are normal"
    "Shipment will be with you in [Markus - insert random number here] days"
    "If you require more information please do not hesitate to go into your back garden and shout - we are as likely to reply to that as any other form of communication."

I'll check back in here at the end of the week and let you know what's happening anyway....

So, I ordered a phone from EGC last Tuesday, got an email from them this morning saying it was dispatched with the fake tracking. I'm just wondering if in everyone else's tracking email did it say the carrier was Central Post 01?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Toxica wrote: »
    So, I ordered a phone from EGC last Tuesday, got an email from them this morning saying it was dispatched with the fake tracking. I'm just wondering if in everyone else's tracking email did it say the carrier was Central Post 01?

Yup I am Central Post 01 aswell.

My tracking currently looks like this:
    4 - 2019-04-15 - Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3 - 2019-04-14 - Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2 - 2019-04-13 - In transit.
    1 - 2019-04-12 - The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Stupidly bought a Mi9 Se last week from EGC. Order didn't show on my account for a day, then it does and no sign of if being processed. They tell me its out of stock, it'll be shipped in 1/2 days. Then they tell me it will be back in stock on Monday (yesterday), all the while it's still in stock on their website and available for Sale.

Opened a Paypal dispute this morning, couldn't be fcuked with this carry on. Silly me for ordering with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

givyjoe wrote: »
    Stupidly bought a Mi9 Se last week from EGC. Order didn't show on my account for a day, then it does and no sign of if being processed. They tell me its out of stock, it'll be shipped in 1/2 days. Then they tell me it will be back in stock on Monday (yesterday), all the while it's still in stock on their website and available for Sale.

Opened a Paypal dispute this morning, couldn't be fcuked with this carry on. Silly me for ordering with them.

They told me the phone I ordered was out of stock too and they were expecting restock by Monday, except when I ordered mine did go into processing straight away then onto packing and shipping soon about 3 days later and then shipped yesterday. I'm willing to wait.

givyjoe wrote:

It's all about patience with these guys, if it states in stock and ships within 24 hours, you'll receive it in 6 working days. If not, expect up to 4 weeks for delivery.

Also, don't bother trying to track, their system is terrible and not to be trusted although their products are always awesome and get there in the end.

If you're not willing to wait, I'd shop elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

It's all about patience with these guys, if it states in stock and ships within 24 hours, you'll receive it in 6 working days. If not, expect up to 4 weeks for delivery.

Also, don't bother trying to track, their system is terrible and not to be trusted although their products are always awesome and get there in the end.

If you're not willing to wait, I'd shop elsewhere.

Not willing to accept lies. Waiting is one thing, but blatant lies about stock I've no patience for. Twice they made excuses about it being out of stock, despite it clearly stating on their website to be available for sale and have stopped replying to emails.

Advertisement