Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 treeb

Hi it took nearly 4 weeks before mine says it's in Belgium. They have zero customer service. I'd say they are to afraid to answer for all the sbuse they will get, from what I can gather it takes over a month to receive. 5 plus weeks sor far for me

Ooh, exciting, I just checked the DPD tracking again and it has changed since yesterday, though the eglobal tracking is still the auto generated garbage showing the repeated delay message.

DPD says "Your parcel is due for delivery Wednesday. Your 1 hour time slot is available as soon as your parcel leaves your local depot,this is usually by 11:00." What a massive relief. But the eglobal central "tracking" is appalling and doesn't inspire confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

treeb wrote: »
    Ooh, exciting, I just checked the DPD tracking again and it has changed since yesterday, though the eglobal tracking is still the auto generated garbage showing the repeated delay message.

DPD says "Your parcel is due for delivery Wednesday. Your 1 hour time slot is available as soon as your parcel leaves your local depot,this is usually by 11:00." What a massive relief. But the eglobal central "tracking" is appalling and doesn't inspire confidence.

Nice one! They have pretty much zero visibility until it reaches the European depot, not sure why they have to make up rubbish though..

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭dancecatz2000

Good site for tracking. http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CyCaboose

I ordered on May 19th
    Got a tracking number on June 2nd

and as of last night I have got a proper tracking number for DPD telling me it is in Belgium and they have received it. A little bit more hopeful of getting it now that it's been handed to a proper courier with tracking.

my observations on this is that eglobals tracking website is fake, you can put any fake tracking number in and it spits out the same messages - it seems they just update it with useless/false info every day, when really they don't know where it is and are waiting for it to arrive in their hub.

I'm also wondering if they bulk send items to Europe, unless it's a coincidence a few of us on here have just got an update that it has been handed over to DPD in Mechelen.

I don't mind it taking a month, just wish they were up front about it, and didn't try to fool us with a fake tracking website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Good site for tracking. http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking

Thats site has 24h delay...

Example

I got an post delivered parcel from uk today...site saying thats its in dublin hub.... i am in cavan....

Its good as its stores tracking numbers....but its not 100% accurate

• Advertisement

CyCaboose wrote: »
    I ordered on May 19th
    Got a tracking number on June 2nd

and as of last night I have got a proper tracking number for DPD telling me it is in Belgium and they have received it. A little bit more hopeful of getting it now that it's been handed to a proper courier with tracking.

my observations on this is that eglobals tracking website is fake, you can put any fake tracking number in and it spits out the same messages - it seems they just update it with useless/false info every day, when really they don't know where it is and are waiting for it to arrive in their hub.

I'm also wondering if they bulk send items to Europe, unless it's a coincidence a few of us on here have just got an update that it has been handed over to DPD in Mechelen.

I don't mind it taking a month, just wish they were up front about it, and didn't try to fool us with a fake tracking website

The way they work is ...

If they have item in stock its relatively fast...1-2 weeks
    If not...china order...but no duty...they ship it to either belgium or holland and its being forwarded and relabeled there.

As mentioned before if you are in rush or in need of the item within few weeks eglobal in 99% fails...

Talking from personal experience..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 treeb

CyCaboose wrote: »
    I ordered on May 19th
    my observations on this is that eglobals tracking website is fake, you can put any fake tracking number in and it spits out the same messages
    Had my delivery this morning so happy.

You are totally right. I tested with a random number in the URL, which I can't post as a new user, but this is the end:
    courier=CENTRAL-POST-28&tracking=284508548739437261
    and hey presto, this mythical parcel has been "picked" and left the warehouse.

2020-06-10
    The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

Hilarious! Not.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ernestcooke91

Hi,

I ordered a phone recently with Eglobal.

Using the tracking number they provided me with, I checked on ParcelsApp for status.

It says that today it is in transit in Mechelen, Belgium with DPD.

Does anybody have any idea how long it takes to get from there to Ireland?

Update.

My phone last night was in Oldbury, UK.

Hopefully it shouldn't take too long now

Update.

Anywhere from 2 days up to 10.... if lucky Friday it is..

Just checked my parcel has arrived in the UK expected delivery Friday. Fingure crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Just checked my parcel has arrived in the UK expected delivery Friday. Fingure crossed.

DPD deliver on Saturdays also, at least they do in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LiranT

92020-06-11Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    82020-06-10Shipment further connected.
    72020-06-09Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    62020-06-08Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52020-06-07Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    42020-06-06Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    32020-06-05Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-06-04In transit.
    12020-06-03The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

taking a while I guess, can't see how it will take a week to arrive from HK....

Update.

Any update, mine says in Athlone last night, haven't got it today maybe next week

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ernestcooke91

Any update, mine says in Athlone last night, haven't got it today maybe next week

Yeah,
    So mines arrived in Athlone on Wednesday and I had it delivered to home just before midday on Thursday.

Luckily, everything has worked out well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Belisaur

Another mug here, I've ordered from Eglobal before and had pretty decent experiences, but its now been 14 days since I made the order and I'm getting the run around from that ridiculous fake tracking system.

Am I right in assuming if I've been emailed to say its dispatched, that its at least on its way from HK? The parcel app tracking says the Netherlands but hasnt actually been received ,so I'm sort of optimisitcally hoping on its way there?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CyCaboose

Belisaur wrote: »
    Another mug here, I've ordered from Eglobal before and had pretty decent experiences, but its now been 14 days since I made the order and I'm getting the run around from that ridiculous fake tracking system.

Am I right in assuming if I've been emailed to say its dispatched, that its at least on its way from HK? The parcel app tracking says the Netherlands but hasnt actually been received ,so I'm sort of optimisitcally hoping on its way there?

my phone arrived on Friday. their tracking is nonsense, but I think once they say it has been dispatched it has been sent -- just they don't have tracking for it and don't know where it is until it arrives in Europe.

Mine was dispatched on June 2nd, and it arrived in Europe to DPD 7 days later.

all in all it took 3 and a half weeks to arrive from when I ordered it.

delays aside, the phone was packaged well, loads of bubblewrap and no issues with it. I think you just need to be patient, wait another couple of weeks...

I'm waiting 5 weeks from today. Saying in transit Athlone since Wednesday, waiting impatiently. DPD Ireland does not recognise my tracking number. I have wrong phone number on package as I made a typo. Do do do do do do dooooo...

I got my parcel (phone) which is perfect. if I knew I had to wait 5 and a half weeks worrying is it a scam or is it coming I wouldn't have bought it. if they said it was coming from Hong Kong I would have expected the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Belisaur

I feel all this tracking smoke and mirrors is super counterproductive. If they were just up front about it people probably wouldn't mind for the most part, and people could at least plan around it. My phone was 30 bucks cheaper than Amazon, I think id probably have made the same choice knowing the delays up front, but as it is I just feel lied to.

Anyway if anyones interested: Mine was ordered 2nd, dispatched the 5th, picked up by GLS in the netherlands yesterday, and has been shipped from a UK sorting center just 20 mins ago.I'd imagine it arriving monday or tuesday. If youre looking for any sort of delivery state of play atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

A quick search for these on Boards threw up nothing.

Just came across them for the first time on one of my Facebook camera groups.

https://panamoz.com/gb/digital-cameras/canon.html

Anyone used them?

Not relevant to Eglobal, obviously, but relevant to anyone looking for an alternative.

D.

• Advertisement

Dinarius wrote:
    A quick search for these on Boards threw up nothing.

Never used or heard of them before, but they have 5 star reviews on trust pilot. Their purchasing process recommends PayPal so I'm guessing it's safe enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Another online dealer popular with FB camera groups is...

https://www.e-infin.com/eu

I’ve never used them either.

D.

Dinarius wrote:
    Another online dealer popular with FB camera groups is...

Yeah, think lots of people on this thread recommend efinity. Just don't expect normal delivery times at the moment from anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Do their phones come from EU or China? Looking at the galaxy S20.

Also does anybody know how to tell if it's an Exynos or Snapdragon galaxy phone?

Also does anybody know how to tell if it's an Exynos or Snapdragon galaxy phone?

China..most of them are duo sim...in some cases you will not have all bands to have 4g etc...like band 20 is not on some chinese models... unless its single sim european model i would not go near....

Speaking from personal experience with them

I've used eglobal a lot over the years, frustrating sometimes but always happy in the end.

Anyway, thought I'd share this. Placed an order Saturday night, it shipped on Sunday with DPD and was in Oldbury yesterday(2 working days!). Has to be some sort of record, I'm guessing it will be here by Friday. :)

FYI the S20s are global devices with Band 20, you'll have no issues whether dual SIM or not. Dealing with eglobal's support if you have a warranty problem on the other hand will be frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Sorry if this is obvious. But I am looking at this sony prime. Does anyone know the difference between these two. I can't seem to find anything on the cheaper SKU

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=Sel35f18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Batuka

Ok so after ordering from eglobal I've discovered this thread and I've been reading pages upon pages of it. So here's my experience so far:

Ordered ipad on the 19th June
    On the 24th June it dispatched and I received the email with their fake/automatic tracking number. I've been getting the "We apologize for the delay " for 5 days now.

I used the trick suggested here and parcelsapp shows that my package is in Belgium with DPD and has literally been chillin' there since 22th, never moving, looking like this:

22 Jun 2020 SHIPPING INFO SENT TO BRT
    22 Jun 2020 Order information has been transmitted to DPD.

I used my shipment number, so I can check on the BRT tracking page and it showed the same thing: "22 Jun 2020 Shipping info sent". So far so good, they probably have a lot of orders and everything is a mess due to the situation at the moment, it takes them a while to send out everything etc.

What changed is that when I check that page with my shipment details right now, it doesn't shows the details of my package anymore, it shows the details of a package that has nothing to do with mine and has already been delivered LAST YEAR. This makes me nervous, It's been like this since monday.
    On parcelsapp however nothing has changed, it still shows the info was sent on the 22th,no other update.

I don't know what to do, should waiting for weeks on end hoping my package will arrive is pretty much all I can do right now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

There's a few of these huge discount companies springing up now. I looked at one which had a camera £200 cheaper than elsewhere. The terms&conditions were an eye opener.

I never bothered looking at the cheap discount websites again.

Advertisement