Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Batuka wrote:
    I don't know what to do, should waiting for weeks on end hoping my package will arrive is pretty much all I can do right now?

Yeah give it another week or so. Until the local tracking starts, there's no point in even looking for updates. It will get there in the end..

Had an order delivered in 4 days last week and have another somewhere between China in here, hope to see it in the next few weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Batuka

tedpan wrote: »
    Yeah give it another week or so. Until the local tracking starts, there's no point in even looking for updates. It will get there in the end..

Had an order delivered in 4 days last week and have another somewhere between China in here, hope to see it in the next few weeks!

Yeah,if by next week nothing moves I'll open a dispute will paypal or something. Ugh, it sucks that I didn't do more research on this company BEFORE buying. I thought I was buying nationally, not from China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Batuka wrote:
    Yeah,if by next week nothing moves I'll open a dispute will paypal or something. Ugh, it sucks that I didn't do more research on this company BEFORE buying. I thought I was buying nationally, not from China.

Yeah, they should definitely be clearer showing they're based in Asia. Hopefully it arrives soon.
    If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I've used them many times and the only problem was delays in dispatching sometimes, the majority of the time the item arrived within a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

I've used them many times and the only problem was delays in dispatching sometimes, the majority of the time the item arrived within a week.

I do not doubt you and when you order like this and all is good. Then all is good.

But sometimes things go wrong and that is when you get the problems.

I mean buy off Amazon and something goes wrong.......stick it back in box and you have your cash back in 24 hours or less. What is the problem there?

It all depends how desperate you are to save but just a small amount of money but risk gaining a load of problems or worse.

• Advertisement

It all depends how desperate you are to save but just a small amount of money but risk gaining a load of problems or worse.

Yeah, I know what you mean although any order I place would be saving at least 250e vs buying locally, never had a problem with product reliability with them.

So the "SHIPPING INFO SENT TO BRT" stuff disappeared and now there's just "Order information has been transmitted to DPD" and that it's been in transit for 17 days. I also checked on another parcel tracking site and it shows the same info and that it's in Germany.

Does anybody know how reliable is track24.net? it says my estimated delivery period is 22.07.2020 - 11.08.2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Batuka wrote: »

I used the trick suggested here and parcelsapp shows that my package is in Belgium with DPD and has literally been chillin' there since 22th, never moving, looking like this:

How, what exactly is the trick?
    I've used eglobal a few times. So not really worried about it not coming but didn't know about their fake tracking system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Ok so after ordering from eglobal I've discovered this thread and I've been reading pages upon pages of it. So here's my experience so far:

Ordered ipad on the 19th June
    On the 24th June it dispatched and I received the email with their fake/automatic tracking number. I've been getting the "We apologize for the delay " for 5 days now.

I used the trick suggested here and parcelsapp shows that my package is in Belgium with DPD and has literally been chillin' there since 22th, never moving, looking like this:

22 Jun 2020 SHIPPING INFO SENT TO BRT
    22 Jun 2020 Order information has been transmitted to DPD.

I used my shipment number, so I can check on the BRT tracking page and it showed the same thing: "22 Jun 2020 Shipping info sent". So far so good, they probably have a lot of orders and everything is a mess due to the situation at the moment, it takes them a while to send out everything etc.

What changed is that when I check that page with my shipment details right now, it doesn't shows the details of my package anymore, it shows the details of a package that has nothing to do with mine and has already been delivered LAST YEAR. This makes me nervous, It's been like this since monday.
    On parcelsapp however nothing has changed, it still shows the info was sent on the 22th,no other update.

I don't know what to do, should waiting for weeks on end hoping my package will arrive is pretty much all I can do right now?

I might be able to allay your fears.

I'm guessing this is actually shipped from Hong Kong.

In Hong Kong they pack the goods and add the DPD/BRT (BRT are the Italian arm of DPD) shipping label with your details. Then all the packages of lets say 500 orders are bundled together into one single shipment from Hong Kong to Italy (guessing due to BRT label) and shipped to a BRT central depot.

It then goes from BRT to the DPD international hub in Belgium and its only there that the tracking will show on th DPD system as the BRT system is not fully integrated with DPD yet.

The package may have a BRT tracking number - this is different to the DPD tracking number (legacy system still not changed), but can be checked on https://www.brt.it/en/home

Amazon use a similar system, but because they are in the UK, no-one actually notices. They place An Post labels on all the packages and ship the trucks themselves to the An Post parcel centre in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Damokc wrote: »
    How, what exactly is the trick?
    I've used eglobal a few times. So not really worried about it not coming but didn't know about their fake tracking system.

You remove the first 2 and the last 2 digits from the tracking number shown on the eglobal page, that's your real tracking number, then you use that on any parcel tracking page to find REAL info about your package.

silver2020 wrote: »
    I might be able to allay your fears.

I'm guessing this is actually shipped from Hong Kong.

In Hong Kong they pack the goods and add the DPD/BRT (BRT are the Italian arm of DPD) shipping label with your details. Then all the packages of lets say 500 orders are bundled together into one single shipment from Hong Kong to Italy (guessing due to BRT label) and shipped to a BRT central depot.

It then goes from BRT to the DPD international hub in Belgium and its only there that the tracking will show on th DPD system as the BRT system is not fully integrated with DPD yet.

The package may have a BRT tracking number - this is different to the DPD tracking number (legacy system still not changed), but can be checked on https://www.brt.it/en/home

Amazon use a similar system, but because they are in the UK, no-one actually notices. They place An Post labels on all the packages and ship the trucks themselves to the An Post parcel centre in Dublin.

Thanks silver! the BRT stuff disappeared a while ago as I guess it was an error in their system.

This morning I checked the eglobal link and instead of their usual "We apologise for the delay...", I got "Your parcel has arrived at DPD, please follow this link for further information", and it shows that my parcel is in Belgium in transit since yesterday. Does this mean it'll arrive soon...? it's suppose to arrive in Italy.

Thanks silver! the BRT stuff disappeared a while ago as I guess it was an error in their system.

This morning I checked the eglobal link and instead of their usual "We apologise for the delay...", I got "Your parcel has arrived at DPD, please follow this link for further information", and it shows that my parcel is in Belgium in transit since yesterday. Does this mean it'll arrive soon...? it's suppose to arrive in Italy.

Then I'm guessing that it went to Italy already and a DPD tracking was always on it, so you did not see the BRT movement. DPD tracking starts with a 1 and has 14 digits.
    BRT has 19 digits/letters

From Belgium to Ireland is 2-3 working days. "In transit" suggests it left Belgium last night, probably to Hinkley in the UK and then Athlone. So Mon/Tues delivery I reckon.

silver2020 wrote: »
    Then I'm guessing that it went to Italy already and a DPD tracking was always on it, so you did not see the BRT movement. DPD tracking starts with a 1 and has 14 digits.
    BRT has 19 digits/letters

From Belgium to Ireland is 2-3 working days. "In transit" suggests it left Belgium last night, probably to Hinkley in the UK and then Athlone. So Mon/Tues delivery I reckon.

This sounds like really great news, I'm really hoping it will arrive next week. Thanks for the info silver2020!

silver2020 wrote:

Yep, this is what they do. It's been mentioned a lot in the thread. The biggest issue is the delay from China to Europe and the tracking is crap until it reaches DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭corks finest

Yep, this is what they do. It's been mentioned a lot in the thread. The biggest issue is the delay from China to Europe and the tracking is crap until it reaches DPD.

Your get an eir engineer quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Martin_B1886

I've had a nightmare with Eglobal and PayPal finally got a refund from Paypal last week and this week the bloody package arrives.

I asked Eglobal what to do with it so I can get it back to them and they want me to pay the postage and a restocking fee so I laughed at them I'm not paying €60 to send anything anywhere.

I don't want to be done for theft either or them take the money I got back from me again because I've bought the phone from Amazon now.

Any advice?

I got my last two phones from them and the father in law got one at Christmas, no issues. I presume covid is making delivery worse as it is effecting all logistics locally never mind worldwide.

Also some think that all their stuck is in Europe. It's "grey market" goods.That's why they are cheaper.

Just wondering what the last few months waiting times were?I ordered the 30th of June.
    Will I be waiting another 2 weeks?

I'm at the:

"Date
    Parcel Status
    2020-07-11
    Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly."..phase now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Martin_B1886

I got my last two phones from them and the father in law got one at Christmas, no issues. I presume covid is making delivery worse as it is effecting all logistics locally never mind worldwide.

Also some think that all their stuck is in Europe. It's "grey market" goods.That's why they are cheaper.

Just wondering what the last few months waiting times were?I ordered the 30th of June.

I'm at the:

"Date
    Parcel Status
    2020-07-11

You'll be waiting roughly a month.

My issue with them wasn't the length of time it took, they sent me a receipt for the wrong item and I contacted them to correct it and they made zero contact with me through PayPal, email, support ticket.

I have bought two phones from them previously and my nephew and friend also bought stuff from them and had zero issues before.

I'd hazard a guess that the goods ship from China mainland - several places do this for goods we get here in work.

China - Hongkong - Europe - DPD/GLS

Certainly during Feb, March & April, cargo space on flights was a premium and only those that were willing to pay the higher price had goods shipped. this eased somewhat in May & June and has eased further this week.

Additional customs checks leaving China is also causing delays.

I would probably add about 2 weeks to whatever the pre-covid delivery times were - though that should be the max at this stage.

• Advertisement

Got this response from eglobal. I presume it's just a generic automated email.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your message.

With regard to your inquiry. Please be kindly informed, that the tracking information will be updated within 48-72 hours from today

Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

How would you rate my reply?
    Great Okay Not Good

Markus

I'm at the:

"Date
    Parcel Status
    2020-07-11

You must be at the "We apologise for the delay" stage right now, I got that message for 6 days and then they sent me the link with the DPD tracking.

I've been waiting for an update since Thursday...it still says that it's in transit. I'm checking obsessively all the time ugh..

I thought that once it's gets with the DPD, it's all smooth sailing from there, but it's still not in my country yet and not getting any update. Is that normal? Could it sit in transit with the DPD for a long time as well now?

Batuka wrote:
    I thought that once it's gets with the DPD, it's all smooth sailing from there, but it's still not in my country yet and not getting any update. Is that normal? Could it sit in transit with the DPD for a long time as well now?

It should be, are you sure it's with DPD or have they just created the DPD label?

It should be, are you sure it's with DPD or have they just created the DPD label?

Ok so on friday the eglobal page updated with the DPD link, which takes me to the DPD tracking pages which has the following status:

09.07.2020 Mechelen (BE) In transit.
    22.06.2020 DPD data centre Order information has been transmitted to DPD.

There are 5 steps that are suppose to take place they're showing:
    1.Parcel handed to DPD
    2.In transit
    3.At parcel delivery centre
    4.Parcel out for delivery
    5.Delivered

So it's sitting at the 2nd step since Thursday...I thought it would've gotten to my country (Italy) by now at least. I dunno...am I missing something?

Batuka wrote:
    09.07.2020 Mechelen (BE) In transit. 22.06.2020 DPD data centre Order information has been transmitted to DPD.

Think you've got unfortunate, it could be waiting on a flight from Belgium to the UK.

I got unbelievably lucky on my last order..

02.07.202018:18Drogheda (IE)

Out for delivery.

01.07.202019:06ATHLONE (IE)

In transit.

30.06.202017:07Oldbury (GB)

In transit.

29.06.202018:23Mechelen (BE)

In transit.

29.06.202006:07DPD data centre

Order information has been transmitted to DPD.

God this sux if so...I'm so sick of waiting. :(

Batuka wrote:
    God this sux if so...I'm so sick of waiting.

I'm sure, hate waiting too..

It will definitely show up this week. Call DPD Ireland if there's no movement but tomorrow morning, there maybe a backlog..

I'm sure, hate waiting too..

It will definitely show up this week. Call DPD Ireland if there's no movement but tomorrow morning, there maybe a backlog..

Will do so, thanks tedpan!

• Advertisement

Batuka wrote:
    Will do so, thanks tedpan!

No worries, really hope it shows movement at least by tomorrow!

Advertisement